Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 22-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
AD26

Default Selling the cougar

The difficulty in sourcing parts for a 16 year old car has finally broken me. I still love the cougar but I've just spent more time and money sourcing an ABS module to replace mine as it was cracked and leaking fluid from the module itself.

I'm trading the cougar in for a 2017 Subaru BRZ.

I've got some parts I never got around to putting in such as a strut tower bar, 17mm rear sway bar, SVT ECU from a 2000 returnless model with key.

As I'm trading in I'm trying to line up a friend to put the stock cams and injectors back on which would free up SVT cams and SVT 19lb returnless injectors.

Also thinking of parting with the Alpine 12" Type X and m1001 amp to keep the BRZ lighter.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped with my questions over the years!

Shoot me a message if you're interested in anything.
AD26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
thearrow

Default Re: Selling the cougar

You would probably be better selling privately and throw in all the parts as a bonus. French Blue is such a "cool" colour.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #3
AD26

Absolutely Dave, money wise, but I have no guarantee of a buyer for such an obscure car and rego isn't too far away. I'll give it a week before I just put the parts on ebay or something
Old 01-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #4
thearrow

I dunno if the car is in good condition someone will buy it as long as the price is right. After all they still look good even if they are 17 years old after all with the mods you have done it must still go hard enough..

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
AD26

Sold! $5,200