Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-01-2018, 01:05 AM   #571
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Mums are like that my mum tells me how to drive which is funny in itself as she cant drive.
Within 1 min of being in my car my mum is picking on my driving, she fails to see that I drive for a living and don't crash into stuff. She stops completely at roundabouts THEN looks for oncoming cars, and if I suggest different, I'm a hooning menace to society.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 23-01-2018, 06:39 AM   #572
Lunch
Wait, what?

Why is it that some people don’t have the ability to assess any type of intersection upon approach?
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #573
Lunch
Wait, what?

Why is it that of all the 130 odd houses in my estate ( it’s kinda like a retirement village, full body corp, communal pool, spa, gym and gardeners ) there’s only 1 place with feral people and that those feral people are my neighbours, last night was the 3rd time this year the cops have been called out. Even the house across the road with 4 x 20 yo guys in it is better behaved than the mother and 2 sons next to me, the house on the other side of the ferals has seen 3 families buy and sell since they moved in 4 years ago
Old 23-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #574
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it that those ferals can even afford to buy the place (assuming being a B/C community they won't allow rentals).
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #575
Lunch
Wait, what?

They do allow renters but I’m pretty sure the ferals bought in, I think she may have sold her neck to purchase it because she doesn’t appear to have 1
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #576
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Have you noticed that as you get older,the hair nearly stops growing upwards from your head,but rather, downwards,out the ears and nose
My wife says its gravity working on your hair.
When its sprouting out your toes, you can no longer argue with her.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #577
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
They do allow renters but I’m pretty sure the ferals bought in, I think she may have sold her neck to purchase it because she doesn’t appear to have 1
oh god, I almost spat my OJ on the screen
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #578
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for a fee I could move them out...permanently. Hows your fire insurance
Old 23-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #579
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Watching the Tennis at the moment, I am wondering why it is the grunting of the various players sounds like they are about to climax. Or do I just have a dirty mind?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #580
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isnt it part of the ploy to put people off the way Mcenroe used to go off on a rant. Btw im unsure how to spell his name.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #581
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

When he was a player I think his name was spelled *******.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #582
Lunch
Wait, what?

I think it’s an attempt to fool people into thinking they’ve got a hard job
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #583
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i hear you lunch travelling around the world chasing a tennis ball must take its toll.
Old 23-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #584
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Yeah i hear you lunch travelling around the world chasing a tennis ball must take its toll.
".....we've got to install microwave ovens, custom kitchen delivery. We've got to move this refrigerator..........."

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 10:43 PM   #585
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah a mark knophler quote
Old 24-01-2018, 01:11 AM   #586
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a wonder they're even allowed to play it on the radio in these PC times with the words used in the verse about Boy George.
Old 24-01-2018, 06:35 AM   #587
Lunch
Wait, what?

I’m sure there’s radio stations that still play ‘Delilah’ isn’t that about beating the crap out of ur missus?
Old 24-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #588
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

...That with all the electronics and gizmos built into new cars today, few come with an intergrated dash cam?
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #589
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
...That with all the electronics and gizmos built into new cars today, few come with an intergrated dash cam?
Or those that do already have built in cameras (such as Subaru) can't allow you to use them as a dash cam. It wouldn't be too hard to provide a simple composite output you could plug into a device (say an old android phone) to record the video to a memory card.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #590
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Smile Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Or those that do already have built in cameras (such as Subaru) can't allow you to use them as a dash cam. It wouldn't be too hard to provide a simple composite output you could plug into a device (say an old android phone) to record the video to a memory card.
Or just build the recorder electronics into the ICC and have an SD card slot.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #591
.:4:.
Kicking back

Why is it people who lie (especially to cover their backs constantly) end up believing the crap they say? The back story to this statement is my mate resigned 2 years back so had to return his van. He was given it brand new so and dents or scrapes or stains would be his fault. Being the neat freak he was it was always clean throughout and even to the point where if he got dirty on a job he would throw the honda spec snapon red seat dust cover on the seat to drive home. So old mate got employed. He got given the immaculate 2012 L300. Genuinely they are a piece of crap from the factory, but it was clean. 2 years later its a dented up golf ball. Old mate has never washed it so it has mould growing on the roof, plants are sprouting in the drip rails, the colonies of spiders living on it are at such a size that you can name them and tell the differences by looking at them and by their temperaments. I got a lift on monday in that van and i couldnt do it with the windows up. There are rotting food scraps and coffee stains in places i cannot understand how they even got there. But today i got told it doesnt get washed that often but the interior is always kept clean.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #592
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear ya'

It always amazes me how drivers treat company cars - particularly reps and field service guys who are in & out of them throughout the day. They are a representation of the company, and should always be kept neat & tidy. I'm wary of "over shiny" fleets - ie how much are the service guys charging customers, but I'm equally wary of crappy vehicles that give the impression the person driving them will treat your job the same.

On one hand, we had a guy who would put smelly socks & muddy football boots on the front seat - only because the back seat was full of empty maccas bags, that only got emptied out when it reached "high tide" - ie when they started spilling over the armrest & onto the console when braking. And if the smell wasn't bad enough from the socks, the pungent odour from the rancid pickles in the back seat would just about curl your toes on a hot day. He never realised that smell got into his clothes, and you could smell him when he walked into the office. It was that bad.

At the other extreme we have a coffee lover, who gets his car hand washed every saturday, because he enjoys their coffee, and takes pride in his car. He also spends half a day waxing it, and has been known to use nearly a roll of 2" packing tape to get the pesky bits of grass out of the carpet, that the vacuum cleaner won't shift.
It looks better than the new cars on the fleet, and it's over 3 years old now.

One guy really impressed me - he has a soft bristled brush & microfibre cloth in the glovebox. When he's 5-10 minutes early for an appointment, he dusts all the crevices of the dash, a/c vents - everywhere - even the rim of the rear view mirror! The thing is immaculate. I sat in the car with him one day, and we were 1/2 hour early. He asked if we could swap seats so he could clean the passenger side - yet it looked better than detailed cars on the dealers lot. When I told him how impressed I was, he simply commented "it's my workplace, I spend many hours in it, and I like it to be clean & tidy at all times." It's so impressive it still has the new car smell in it.

I only allow eating in my car on long trips (a bad experience with ants led me to ban chocolate & lollies from the back seat). I don't keep the outside as clean as I should, nut I make sure my immediate "zone" of the interior is as nice as it can be - regularly wiping it down, cleaning the screen etc. At least "my space" is clean. Nothing worse than a stinky car, especially parked in the sun on a hot day.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2018, 11:12 PM   #593
.:4:.
Kicking back

[QUOTE=commodorenutt;6072494]I hear ya'

It always amazes me how drivers treat company cars - particularly reps and field service guys who are in & out of them throughout the day. They are a representation of the company, and should always be kept neat & tidy. I'm wary of "over shiny" fleets - ie how much are the service guys charging customers, but I'm equally wary of crappy vehicles that give the impression the person driving them will treat your job the same.

On one hand, we had a guy who would put smelly socks & muddy football boots on the front seat - only because the back seat was full of empty maccas bags, that only got emptied out when it reached "high tide" - ie when they started spilling over the armrest & onto the console when braking. And if the smell wasn't bad enough from the socks, the pungent odour from the rancid pickles in the back seat would just about curl your toes on a hot day. He never realised that smell got into his clothes, and you could smell him when he walked into the office. It was that bad.

At the other extreme we have a coffee lover, who gets his car hand washed every saturday, because he enjoys their coffee, and takes pride in his car. He also spends half a day waxing it, and has been known to use nearly a roll of 2" packing tape to get the pesky bits of grass out of the carpet, that the vacuum cleaner won't shift.
It looks better than the new cars on the fleet, and it's over 3 years old now.

One guy really impressed me - he has a soft bristled brush & microfibre cloth in the glovebox. When he's 5-10 minutes early for an appointment, he dusts all the crevices of the dash, a/c vents - everywhere - even the rim of the rear view mirror! The thing is immaculate. I sat in the car with him one day, and we were 1/2 hour early. He asked if we could swap seats so he could clean the passenger side - yet it looked better than detailed cars on the dealers lot. When I told him how impressed I was, he simply commented "it's my workplace, I spend many hours in it, and I like it to be clean & tidy at all times." It's so impressive it still has the new car smell in it.

I only allow eating in my car on long trips (a bad experience with ants led me to ban chocolate & lollies from the back seat). I don't keep the outside as clean as I should, nut I make sure my immediate "zone" of the interior is as nice as it can be - regularly wiping it down, cleaning the screen etc. At least "my space" is clean. Nothing worse than a stinky car, especially parked in the sun on a hot day.[/QUOTE.]
Mate my work ute was bought for a manager who gave no f's about anything and touch parked and all the rest. So when i got the upgrade (managers get utes tradesmen get vans, and im a tradesman), the manager copped the sack. The ute was grot. Not just a bit of dust, but tea bags and dried up apple cores and tomato sauce in pretty much everything. Wax and grease remover took care of most of the touch parking paint from other cars then a wax made it look presentable. The interior had to be shampooed and in general cleaned up and it did not smell nice at all. Turns out xl ranger seats arent brown. This was all off my own back because i have to spend my days in it and i dont like grot. Interior took about 16 hpurs of my time to make it inhabitable. And thats on a car with under 50k on the dial. Its done 90 now but im happy for passengers. When i got it it was windows the smell and i would not accept a passenger.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2018, 11:53 PM   #594
stock1991
Limited supply

[QUOTE=.:4:.;6072519

.[/QUOTE]

I wish I was like that
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2018, 01:50 AM   #595
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Probably been said before, but...

Why is it that people order number plates which describe the car they are driving?
99% of people dont care and the 1% who do, either know what it is or can read the badges which are supplied with the car right next to the number plate.

And why is it that in a country like Australia, ducted air conditioning isn't a standard item on new house builds?
I can buy a 15k ****box which comes with free air but you gotta pay 5-6k for it on a house which costs hundreds of thousands.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2018, 07:23 AM   #596
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Probably been said before, but...

Why is it that people order number plates which describe the car they are driving?
99% of people dont care and the 1% who do, either know what it is or can read the badges which are supplied with the car right next to the number plate.
Why is it that some plates are so cryptic, you cannot work them out wihout a brainstorm session with your passenger?

To me, if the plate can't be read & understood in less than 3 seconds, then it's a WOFTAM and the only winner is the RMS (in NSW) as they're paying them an annual fee to display crap.

But on the other hand, you get some real clever ones - a motorbike I saw on the M2 one day had WTFIV on it. Within a second I realised IV is the Roman numeral for the number 4. Very clever, and got past the authorities who normally stop plates like that.
Old 25-01-2018, 07:56 AM   #597
Lunch
Wait, what?

Why is it that the people that don’t understand why I ordered the model of my car for a personalised number plate think I did it with their opinions in mind?

The few reasons I did it:
• my car wasn’t released from factory with a FALCON badge
• I didn’t want my name on the plates
• I’m proud of what I drive
• the simple fact that it was still available was the tipping point

I’m curious, does your opinion include people with fpv’s that have their build number? FPV 001 for example?
Old 25-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #598
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ Same reason I used to have 87-HDT on my Brock wagon (prior to getting club rego plates). The HDT build papers even specified "remove all badges"
Old 25-01-2018, 09:46 AM   #599
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

And why is it that in a country like Australia, ducted air conditioning isn't a standard item on new house builds?
I can buy a 15k ****box which comes with free air but you gotta pay 5-6k for it on a house which costs hundreds of thousands.
Why is it the authorities allow houses to be built that need air conditioning, when they can and ARE built with 8 stars and dont need or require it.

thats just me.. we are a land busting our guts over power yet do little to eliminate why.
Old 25-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #600
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Why is it the authorities allow houses to be built that need air conditioning, when they can and ARE built with 8 stars and dont need or require it.

thats just me.. we are a land busting our guts over power yet do little to eliminate why.
If I could put 2 likes on that post I would