Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2017, 11:24 PM   #391
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Why is it.................?

My big blue from today (and the two before) is why is it that the plant rooms in high rise office buildings can house the plant equipment for atleast half a building to keep it under the 26 degree legal requirement, yet the floor all the plant equipment has no aircon. I sweated buckets this morning at 6 am to relocate services for GSM providers (mobile phone people, and you don't want to mess with them) it half killed me with the 10 minute cut over time to do the change over to 3 racks in time. It was only 27 degrees and 60% humidity at 6am this morning. It wasn't ever going to be a simple job, but after the call from the people who monitor the mobile networks saying we scraped in, I'll take that as a compliment. The last thing I need is a monster fine from the accc for interupting mobile phones, even with permission, they are vicious
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #392
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Why is it that you only ever see apple products, ie. phones, tablets, watches etc. being put up for sale on your local FB buy, swap and sell pages, and never or very rarely see an Android product? hmmmmmmmmm.........

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2017, 10:12 AM   #393
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Why is it that you only ever see apple products, ie. phones, tablets, watches etc. being put up for sale on your local FB buy, swap and sell pages, and never or very rarely see an Android product? hmmmmmmmmm.........
they explode, can't sell ash
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #394
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
they explode, can't sell ash
That was hurtful
Old 20-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #395
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Well, apart from the Samsung Note 7 There isn't any other brand of Android device I know of that has that sort of issue.

Maybe it's because the Android devices get used until they actually die where the apple devices have to be continuously upgraded because they are designed to be just good enough for the job on release so before too long they just won't keep up and need upgrading...
Or maybe it's because they are so proprietary that you can't do anything with them without paying Apple for the privilege first.

Just a thought

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #396
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11...eir_customers/

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #397
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

If the 'fight or flight' instinct is for self preservation then why is it that animals such as carnivores who are a the top of the food chain still get startled and spooked? In theory they should have nothing to fear.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 08-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #398
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
If the 'fight or flight' instinct is for self preservation then why is it that animals such as carnivores who are a the top of the food chain still get startled and spooked? In theory they should have nothing to fear.
They don't know that they are at the top of the food chain; they don't even know what a food chain is.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #399
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Same reason why there are more Camrys for sale than FPVs. More people have them.
I want to sell by Samsung Galaxy tablet but it so crap I would feel like I'm ripping someone off if I sold it for $20.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #400
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Apple products are expensive new, are highly desirable and trendy and thus tend to have better resell values than lower cost Android products that deappreciate much faster. No one wants a 2 year old Android phone, but an Apple product of the same age is still in demand.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #401
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Why do people tailgate a smash repair loan car with signage across the back?

(Perhaps they want to jot down the phone number for their next rear-end collision.)

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #402
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
Why do people tailgate a smash repair loan car with signage across the back?

(Perhaps they want to jot down the phone number for their next rear-end collision.)
Why do some people in smash repair loan cars randomly pull into traffic when there is no gap, and change lanes erratically. Probably the same reason their own car is at the smash repairers.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #403
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I knew someone was gonna say that. I'm stuck in one for a while due to someone rear-ending me, and it seems to attract tailgaters a lot.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #404
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it when a car in front of you believes you are too close to them they apply the brakes? That makes the two cars closer to each other! Instead they need to push the accelerator.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 09-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #405
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry if posted already but I haven't been in this room before and don't feel like going back over 14 pages.
Why is it that politicians lie and treat us like empty heads?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #406
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Sorry if posted already but I haven't been in this room before and don't feel like going back over 14 pages.
Why is it that politicians lie and treat us like empty heads?
I think the answer to that one is because they have never had any connection to the general public, yet their degrees in how society theoretically works makes them experts in everything.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #407
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

something my father used to say when I would ask "why is it...?" "because Y is a crooked letter and cant be straightened" rip both of you
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #408
Sioso
irregular member

Why is it people driving well below the speed limit turn into race drivers the second you overtake them?
Ego?
Are they offended?
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #409
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Why is it people driving well below the speed limit turn into race drivers the second you overtake them?
Ego?
Are they offended?
Brain damage.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #410
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ego?
Are they offended?
LOL so true. I was driving behind a Goldy coloured Camry(there's the red flag) today on the Golden Highway. Kept slowing to 80 or less on any minor bend, but would do 105+ on the straights where overtaking is ok.
Then we came across a small town where he decided to do 80 though the whole town. Speed limit 50 & 60.
Honestly they have no idea whats happening around them. I think they speed up unconsciously on overtaking lanes because it wider.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #411
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
LOL so true. I was driving behind a Goldy coloured Camry(there's the red flag) today on the Golden Highway. Kept slowing to 80 or less on any minor bend, but would do 105+ on the straights where overtaking is ok.
Then we came across a small town where he decided to do 80 though the whole town. Speed limit 50 & 60.
Honestly they have no idea whats happening around them. I think they speed up unconsciously on overtaking lanes because it wider.
I go through that everyday!
I drive through two 100km/h zones that have a 60km/h zone separating them (which is right where the highway patrol sit).
I overtake everyone doing less than a 100km/h but then drop down to 60km because I know how many cops are around, and sure enough all the people I overtook that were doing 70 - 90km/h now come barrelling up behind me doing the same speed in the 60 zone.
Some even flash their headlights at me, because apparently I'm now holding them up!
They are truly oblivious to anything going on outside their tiny brains.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #412
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Ego?
Are they offended?
I think a lot of people have this mentality that they are losing "their place in the queue" when overtaken or have this human innate attribute that they need to be first or ahead of the pack to survive.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #413
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXRSIX View Post
I think a lot of people have this mentality that they are losing "their place in the queue" when overtaken or have this human innate attribute that they need to be first or ahead of the pack to survive.
Or worse, slow drivers speed up just before and during overtaking lanes. Then slow down again after. Why? WHYYYYYYY?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #414
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah had this happen on the Midland hwy.Asian woman in Honda CRV at about 90 on the single lane then as soon as we got to an overtaking lane straight up to 115 or so,get to the end of dual lanes back to 90.This went on for about 20-20 kms (3or 4 passing lane sections).Made it annoying because traffic coming other way made it a bit to hard to pass on single lane sections
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #415
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Yeah had this happen on the Midland hwy.Asian woman in Honda CRV at about 90 on the single lane then as soon as we got to an overtaking lane straight up to 115 or so,get to the end of dual lanes back to 90.This went on for about 20-20 kms (3or 4 passing lane sections).Made it annoying because traffic coming other way made it a bit to hard to pass on single lane sections
Unfortunately this is an Australia wide empty-head phenomenon. I used to do 60,000 kms to 80,000 kms per year for over 15 years and saw this nearly every day especially on interstate highways. I always had CB's in my cars and could hear the truckies screaming obscenities at these brainless dickheads.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #416
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Unfortunately this is an Australia wide empty-head phenomenon. I used to do 60,000 kms to 80,000 kms per year for over 15 years and saw this nearly every day especially on interstate highways. I always had CB's in my cars and could hear the truckies screaming obscenities at these brainless dickheads.
I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver, but if everyone used (if they have it) cruise control on the open highways then these annoying traits would be reduced. I religiously use cruise on the freeway for 2 reasons. I don't have to monitor my speed as much, and I won't get done for speeding because unless it coasts, I'm doing the speed limit. Nothing annoys me more then when I overtake a car when I'm sitting on 110 only for them to overtake me 2 kays up the road only for me to overtake them 2 kays up the road etc when my speed has not changed yet they vary between 100 and 120.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #417
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

why is it..............? every time we try and leave Qld Race Way after an event, it takes almost two hours to leave the carpark, no one has figured out how to move traffic... any ideas?
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #418
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned One View Post
why is it..............? every time we try and leave Qld Race Way after an event, it takes almost two hours to leave the carpark, no one has figured out how to move traffic... any ideas?
Yeah took me almost 3 to leave the champion road. Some brainless idiot in a SSV commonwhore decided to abuse the **** out of me because I was trying to join the queue by going in front of him. Swearing and carrying on about how he's going to 'knock my f'ing head off' all while his wife and 3 kids were in the car. Good one buddy. Way to set an example. Needless to say he didn't let me in (or anyone else that I saw) but I did as did the guy behind me as well and each time waves and thank yous were exchanged and all was well. Not for this plonker. I doubt he joined the rear of the queue so someone would have let him in as well! Ugh what a moron. I was going to say 'why are you so angry? Are you worried your Holden will overheat?' but I didn't think of it until after haha. Damm.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #419
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007 View Post
Yeah took me almost 3 to leave the champion road. Some brainless idiot in a SSV commonwhore decided to abuse the **** out of me because I was trying to join the queue by going in front of him. Swearing and carrying on about how he's going to 'knock my f'ing head off' all while his wife and 3 kids were in the car. Good one buddy. Way to set an example. Needless to say he didn't let me in (or anyone else that I saw) but I did as did the guy behind me as well and each time waves and thank yous were exchanged and all was well. Not for this plonker. I doubt he joined the rear of the queue so someone would have let him in as well! Ugh what a moron. I was going to say 'why are you so angry? Are you worried your Holden will overheat?' but I didn't think of it until after haha. Damm.

Probably one of the many I saw with no fuel cap and matching teeth !
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #420
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned One View Post
Probably one of the many I saw with no fuel cap and matching teeth !
He looked pretty rough - not sure how he managed to afford a new SSV! Probably a dodgy builder and put it on the business CC.