Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
TK-421

Default Aircon fan problem..

Hi..i have an AU1 and when the aircon is on i cannot put the fan switch on high setting..the compressor stops spinning..it works on all other setting fine..could this be caused by a faulty fan blower resistor?..thanks for any help.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Default Re: Aircon fan problem..

Just going by the circuit diagrams that I have; If the internal blower fan runs on high, it's something associated with the EECV module or wiring to it that originates from the relay that supplies +12V to the blower fan when the switch is in the HIGH position.

Both the blower fan and EECV module get +12V from the same source via that relay when the switch is on HIGH.

Check out the circuit diagrams in the forum technical/workshop manuals section.
Old 25-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. I think you will find that the AC clutch circuit is switched directly from the fan switch to the AC switch and then to the eecv module. The wire marked 57 BK is the earth wire for the little blue light in the AC switch and also for the relay coil and will have a link to earth inside the fuse box that has not been shown. Check for power on the light green/white wire (the wire shown without a color code) between the fan switch and the AC switch in all fan positions. If it is just the fan that stops working on high speed check the AC fuse in the under bonnet fuse box. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2017, 05:40 AM   #4
TK-421

the aircon fan works fine on first 3 speeds but when hi fan is selected the compressor switches off and no cold air. i checked videos on youtube and they are all opposite to mine where they can only get high fan where a new resistor was the fix. and by the way the resistors are obsolete from ford..
thanks for your replies foxtrot3 and xahh.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post