Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #181
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

Interesting to read about these QA problems with the MD. Ford did shift production to a new factory in Spain, which is why it took so long for the MD to go on sale after the Fusion in the US.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #182
borntoshop666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd112 View Post
No the leather on top of the wheel. Ford are replacing it and they weren't surprised. All he said was European cars cannot handle the Australian sun. Its way worse know its about 3 inches long and nearly goes the whole way round.
Having issues with the A/C as well have to continually stop and turn off and re start to get the compressor to kick in.
no Problems with mine. I have a MD Ambiente, has done 99000 km since August 2015. I do use Meguires Leather and Fabric Clean and Protect weekly. I used the same Products on my old MC Titanium, had it for 3 1/2 Years with 245000km on the Clock and hardly any wear marks.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #183
gsd112
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just wipe mine down with a damp microfibre as it isn't real leather and it has a coating anyway. my MC before the MD which did 99k was fine. The MD is a softer wheel.
gsd112 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #184
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Rattle in door of front passenger, particularly under the silver plastic strip (LHS of strip).

Heater blows extremely hot air even at very low temps (i.e even at 15C). This doesn't always happen but seems to be worse on very cold days i.e 2C

Stop/start fails to restart the car An error message comes on screen saying it failed and we have to restart manually. Happens every few weeks sporadically.

Indicator sound effect randomly stops working. While driving, if the indicators are turned on the signal appears on the dash and the indicators turn on outside of the car however there is no "tick tock" sound effect.

ICC freezes. When playing music through USB, iPod the ICC freezes and the car has to be restarted.

The navigation system also freezes sometimes and the car has to be restarted. Microsoft....

Urban fuel economy is 30% less than advertised.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #185
Ansimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
Rattle in door of front passenger, particularly under the silver plastic strip (LHS of strip).

Heater blows extremely hot air even at very low temps (i.e even at 15C). This doesn't always happen but seems to be worse on very cold days i.e 2C

Stop/start fails to restart the car An error message comes on screen saying it failed and we have to restart manually. Happens every few weeks sporadically.

Indicator sound effect randomly stops working. While driving, if the indicators are turned on the signal appears on the dash and the indicators turn on outside of the car however there is no "tick tock" sound effect.

ICC freezes. When playing music through USB, iPod the ICC freezes and the car has to be restarted.

The navigation system also freezes sometimes and the car has to be restarted. Microsoft....

Urban fuel economy is 30% less than advertised.

Check your battery and charging circuit as these faults could be voltage related. Don't forget the battery connections!
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #186
DougalXR6

Quote:

I have the same random problem with the indicators on my Trend EcoBoost. As I have been unable to link it to anything it is completely at random.

I reported the condition at the 15,000 Km service however, as I expected, the report came back as no fault found during testing. The service advisor offered an explanation that the indicators go into a silent mode during the operation of some other features, which I have been unable to confirm. I suspect he was making up the explanation.

I have had the ICC freeze during the use of my iPod connected to the USB port. At the time I was using a generic ( $1 ) cable and noticed the freezing occurred during movement of the cable. I purchased a genuine Apple iPod cable ( $5 ) and have since had no problems. I suspect the generic cable was causing data corruption problems that were effecting the ICC.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #187
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
I have the same random problem with the indicators on my Trend EcoBoost. As I have been unable to link it to anything it is completely at random.

I reported the condition at the 15,000 Km service however, as I expected, the report came back as no fault found during testing. The service advisor offered an explanation that the indicators go into a silent mode during the operation of some other features, which I have been unable to confirm. I suspect he was making up the explanation.

I have had the ICC freeze during the use of my iPod connected to the USB port. At the time I was using a generic ( $1 ) cable and noticed the freezing occurred during movement of the cable. I purchased a genuine Apple iPod cable ( $5 ) and have since had no problems. I suspect the generic cable was causing data corruption problems that were effecting the ICC.
Cheers i did a bit of research and have a bit of an idea of what it could be. If i force another chime i.e. seatbelt warning chime it seems to fix the indicator chime which is strange.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #188
DougalXR6

Quote:
Cheers i did a bit of research and have a bit of an idea of what it could be. If i force another chime i.e. seatbelt warning chime it seems to fix the indicator chime which is strange.
Thanks. I'll try that myself the next time it happens.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #189
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Noticed today that I can only receive FM on the radio now, no AM or DAB. Tried the factory default reset but no joy.
Back to the dealer again.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #190
Mondaveo

With my arm in a sling and the child capsule already in the MC, my wife has been taking it for the run to daycare and work (we normally swap everything into her Barina for the weekdays).

This morning some numpty in a Golf pulled a lane change right into the side of her.

No injuries, damage looks only superficial and insurance has all the details. But, if you were about to drive 600km round trip to Sydney for the weekend, would you trust this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #191
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

If it's just superficial, for peace of mind, I would pay for a wheel alignment and get the front suspension and rim checked at the same time.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #192
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes,
we had the rear wheel backed into.
Had it checked out immediately, and there were no problems, other than needing repainting.
Sorry to see your baby hurt like this :-(
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #193
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No problems at all here at 160000km apart from $100 vac valve, alle ist gut?
Whatever.

Last edited by rondeo; 09-03-2017 at 07:47 PM.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #194
jovialnz
Starter Motor

The indicator warning chimes have stopped working on my2016 Trend Ecoboost, also the lane assist randomly turns itself off. This is only after 10,000km.
As they are on the same stalk would there be an issue there?
jovialnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #195
DougalXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovialnz View Post
The indicator warning chimes have stopped working on my2016 Trend Ecoboost, also the lane assist randomly turns itself off. This is only after 10,000km.
As they are on the same stalk would there be an issue there?
My 2015 Trend EcoBoost has also had the same problem with the indicators loosing their clicking sound however, it is very intermittent and always returns the next time I start the car. You can read more about this condition from both myself and Quicksand on this thread back on 8/01/2017.

As Quicksand has reported I also found that the indicator clicking sound returns when I force the seat belt warning chimes by unbuckling and rebuckling my seat belt.

The lane assist has dropped out once or twice on my car however, I suspect that I have accidently pushed the stalk and switched it off myself.

If there is a fault I suspect it is more likely to be software related than an actual switching problem with the stalk.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:44 PM   #196
Greane01

2011 MC Zetec Ecoboost with 83,000km...; for the past six months or so the battery warning light was coming on when the engine was off and the ignition was on; battery finally died, although six years out of the factory battery was pretty good. So, new battery in and low battery warning light is still coming on (again, engine off, ignition on) and the radio switches off.

This is combined with a high pitch noise from the engine bay when ignition is on AND when engine is running, which was today tracked down to the alternator. Are the two linked? Who knows; as the alternator still works, charging the battery as it should while the car is running. New alternator is around the $900 mark BEFORE labor costs... so I'm going to wait until it gets worse! Aside from that, no other issues in over 5 years.
Greane01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #197
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greane01 View Post
Are the two linked?
indeed they are, get a multimeter on the battery and see what charging voltage you get.
Old 23-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #198
Mondaveo

Quote:
So, new battery in and low battery warning light is still coming on
Was a Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Reset performed?

Ford manual stipulates this mysterious procedure will be performed, but doesn't outline what it actually does for you or the repercussions of not doing it. Much discussion has been had here about whether it really matters or not. As a reset can only be performed by a technician with Ford IDS, I suspect there's a lot of Mondeos out there that don't have it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #199
Greane01

Thanks for the replies. Battery shows 14.4 when the car is running, but with engine off, ignition on, it goes down to 12.0/12.1 pretty quickly... The Battery Monitoring System reset hasn't been performed to my knowledge. I don't get it serviced at a Ford dealer (too many bad experiences) so it sounds like my local auto repairer isn't aware of the BMS!
Old 24-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #200
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the battery is losing charge quicker than normal it's either stuffed or current is flowing when it shouldn't.

I don't think the battery management system is likely to be the cause. More likely a fault.

To test, you need to wait maybe half an hour for everthing to go to sleep and use a current clamp. IMHO.

As for BMS, all I know from first hand experience is it keeps a record of the battery age, which so far I haven't been able to reset with Forscan.
Old 24-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #201
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Probably a failing battery, tried another?

Anecdotally I don't believe the MC needs to have the battery monitor reset.
Old 24-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #202
bundybear75

The float voltage for a battery should be around the 12.7/12.8 V DC for a healthy battery. Has it had the chance to fully charge? Maybe the alternator is only working intermittently. I would try to fully charge the battery using a battery charger and then test it.

If you have a bit of mechanical skill you could probably rebuild the alternator - a squeal would be bearings on their last legs, they can be pressed out and replaced and new brushes fitted at the same time.
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #203
Greane01

Thanks for the suggestions. Wife just got home from 35 min drive and just checked voltage which is fluctuating between 12.0 and 12.1. I'll get a battery charger and see if it can do what the alternator doesn't seem to be doing! Just to recap, the battery is less than 2 weeks old.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #204
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
Probably a failing battery, tried another?

Anecdotally I don't believe the MC needs to have the battery monitor reset.
I'm not convinced either Cobrin, and Ford doesn't seem to be either.

Could be the alternator, why not check the charging voltage?

With smart charge what will the computer decide?

Mine goes from about 14v to 16v.

Last edited by rondeo; 24-03-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: addition
Old 25-03-2017, 02:43 PM   #205
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Wife just got home from 35 min drive and just checked voltage which is fluctuating between 12.0 and 12.1. I'll get a battery charger and see if it can do what the alternator doesn't seem to be doing! Just to recap, the battery is less than 2 weeks old.

wow, I think the fact that the charge voltage seen at 14.4V says the alternator is fine, battery surface voltage being around 12.0-12.1 tells me it's the battery. Even though it's 14days old doesn't mean it can't be faulty. I'd hate to see how low it gets when cranking. When mine said batt. low voltage it got down to 8V during cranking and just managed to get it done. My limit is 10V so the system have a much lower threshold. It was changed on 27/11/16. Glad to have it behind me.
Old 25-03-2017, 05:33 PM   #206
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I replaced the battery in my MC TDCI a couple of months ago.
It let me down, and had to be jumped.
On changing the battery, no software reset was done, and no problems have emerged.
All my presets, and trip settings remained.

Steve
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #207
Greane01

So I just noted that the voltage is actually 13.9-14.0v when driving... does that indicate the alternator has an issue? By the way, I'm relying on the dash for the voltage read-out; I'm assuming that it's accurate?!...

BTW cranking voltage goes down to 10.1...

Last edited by Greane01; 25-03-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 25-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #208
bundybear75

Sounds like the alternator is charging. Where did you get the battery? From a battery shop or an auto parts shop. Places like supercheap don't have a high turnover of batteries so it may be really run down. I would try a top up charge with a quality battery charger then see how that goes.
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #209
Greane01

Thanks - will try that. Got it from Marshall Batteries - even got the 'premium' version for $214...
Old 26-03-2017, 01:45 AM   #210
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It does sound as though the "smart charge" system isn't working - you should see the voltage varying from about 12 to 16 volts. But I doubt that's your problem, as 14 - 14.4 V means that the battery should be charging.

The drop in battery voltage as you've described means a battery problem.