Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #31
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Clarkson Suspended by BBC

But he obviously has fans: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/british...p6B8Sc8ZelCgba
Old 11-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #32
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
I have been involved in fisticuffs at work and seen plenty of others too, but you never took it to management.
So what happens if your 1st punch kills someone? And actually assault is a criminal offence and a matter for the police not just management.

Last edited by aussiblue; 11-03-2015 at 05:42 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #33
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
I get the impression that the BBC (much like our ABC) is infested with nancy-girlie-boys types, the self righteous trendy left wingers, who cower behind political correctness.

If I were Clarkson, May and Hammond I'd walk away from the BBC and let the BBC fill the void with re-runs of Eurovision
Chip on your shoulder much cheap? you think its left wing of questionable gender to suspend someone for attacking a co worker as the wider story seems to indicate.
I'm guessing in your world, we could call it the far right mens men place, that's its Ok to hit people in the face for any quite trivial reasons?
Only posting this as your comment is wrong and unnecessary.
Dick!
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #34
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About time..... axe the Aston Martin show.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #35
snowcone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
So what happens if your 1st punch kills someone? And actually assault is a criminal offence and a matter for the police not just management.
Who said it's assault?
If you handle your own issues like a man then it it just a couple of blokes sorting out their differences.
I'm not talking blind-siding someone with a king hit here so don't get confused with drunken cowards.
There you go running off to management and the Police exactly like I said is wrong with people these days.
Tell on the bad man cos you were too big of a wuss to sort it out yourself.
What you just created there was a major court case that would last for 6 -12 months, cost the country thousands of dollars in court and solicitor fees wasting valuable resources, and see some breadwinner out on his **** and his kids hungry. Could have been avoided in 5 minutes and all done and over with.
2002 Ford Explorer

I only drive V8's
snowcone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #36
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcone View Post
He is what he is and he has made the show.
Most of the world is populated by limp noodled, politically correct, mummies boys.
I have been involved in fisticuffs at work and seen plenty of others too, but you never took it to management. You took it and handled it like a man and at the end of the day you either hated the other guy or had a beer with him, but you got on with work and live no matter what.
Anyone gets a slight shove at work now goes straight to the boss, gets a pass to see a doctor and a shrink, spends 6 months on stress leave and the other guy gets sacked. What a crock these days.
Harden up for Christs sake.
That producer should have done his job right and that fact that he didn't so he got a clip around the ears or what, big wimp that he is.
and what would happen if the younger, fitter.. producer retaliated??

headlines; Clarkson in coma at local hospital..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #37
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Chip on your shoulder much cheap? you think its left wing of questionable gender to suspend someone for attacking a co worker as the wider story seems to indicate.
I'm guessing in your world, we could call it the far right mens men place, that's its Ok to hit people in the face for any quite trivial reasons?
Only posting this as your comment is wrong and unnecessary.
Dick!
It was my view of the inner workings of the BBC.

You have your views, and (IMO) you are consistently wrong, you should learnt to live with your issues and stop calling people names. In the meantime suggest you safely dismount your high horse.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #38
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Who said it's assault?
If you handle your own issues like a man then it it just a couple of blokes sorting out their differences.
I'm not talking blind-siding someone with a king hit here so don't get confused with drunken cowards.
There you go running off to management and the Police exactly like I said is wrong with people these days.
Tell on the bad man cos you were too big of a wuss to sort it out yourself.
What you just created there was a major court case that would last for 6 -12 months, cost the country thousands of dollars in court and solicitor fees wasting valuable resources, and see some breadwinner out on his **** and his kids hungry. Could have been avoided in 5 minutes and all done and over with.
It would seem though that the incident happened in front of a lot of people which is not as simple as two blokes sorting out there differences. He's a public figure and management just can't simply put their head in the sand on violence in the workplace.

If Clarkson hit a producer over a matter as simple as catering he deserves all that's coming to him.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #39
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

JP and cheap, can we please direct any such observations at Clarkson and not each other.

Simple rule: if it's directed at another users and it's not invited by that user, it's inappropriate.

Now, back to dissing that wannabe A-type personality called Clarkson please.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #40
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ve always thought he was a bit of a dickwad, but on occasions he does have have me rolling on the floor laughing with his actions, i suspect the truth is he really doesn't give a toss if he gets the bullet, apparently hes worth about 50 million, so he does not need to work and maybe hes looking for an out ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #41
MrMaestro

Quote:
That producer should have done his job right and that fact that he didn't so he got a clip around the ears or what, big wimp that he is.
Uhuh....

I never thought I'd say it but with statements like this - thank goodness we have HR departments.
MrMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #42
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaestro View Post
Uhuh....

I never thought I'd say it but with statements like this - thank goodness we have HR departments.
Just ask the HR department about the number of trivial non-issues that they have to deal with, courtesy of PC and the empowerment it provides to wanna be trouble makers. Reminds me of the time I told someone to grow up, that imbecile complained to HR claiming I was discriminating about his height...
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #43
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The man is what he is, if you don't like him oh well, the show sure wouldn't be the same without him that's for sure
Old 11-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #44
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Just ask the HR department about the number of trivial non-issues that they have to deal with, courtesy of PC and the empowerment it provides to wanna be trouble makers. Reminds me of the time I told someone to grow up, that imbecile complained to HR claiming I was discriminating about his height...
Your next line could have been “I’m not going to stoop down to your level...

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 11-03-2015 at 08:57 PM.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 08:56 PM   #45
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

So much bull in the workplace these days. Best to just do your job and keep your mouth shut.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #46
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
Who said it's assault?
http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation..._homepage.html
Criminal Code WA similar in other States (and UK)

Quote:
222. Term used: assault
A person who strikes, touches, or moves, or otherwise applies force of any kind to the person of another, either directly or indirectly, without his consent, or with his consent if the consent is obtained by fraud, or who by any bodily act or gesture attempts or threatens to apply force of any kind to the person of another without his consent, under such circumstances that the person making the attempt or threat has actually or apparently a present ability to effect his purpose, is said to assault that other person, and the act is called an assault.
The term applies force includes the case of applying heat, light, electrical force, gas, odour, or any other substance or thing whatever if applied in such a degree as to cause injury or personal discomfort.
223. Assault is unlawful
An assault is unlawful and constitutes an offence unless it is authorised or justified or excused by law.
The application of force by one person to the person of another may be unlawful, although it is done with the consent of that other person.

Quote:
If you handle your own issues like a man then it is just a couple of blokes sorting out their differences.
So the assailant and the victim keep retaliating until someone is seriously injured or dead? Civilised rational people should be above this.

Quote:
No the immature hothead who struck the first blow created all that. And they are usually bullies; although the are probably stupid, they are probably not so stupid that they hit people who are bigger, stronger or skilled in a way which means they can defend themselves.

Quote:
I'm not talking blind-siding someone with a king hit
It doesn't have to be like that for someone to be killed or seriously incapacitated.

Last edited by aussiblue; 11-03-2015 at 09:24 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If you have decent managers and supervisors there shouldn't be issues in the first place, we nearly had fisticuffs between two supervisors.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #48
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
I used to watch the show religiously but I've been over the show for a while

Is it still the ratings success it was 5 years ago? or just a cult market now?
No. I don't think it is. I don't have any evidence to back that up, but it just doesn't have that edgy pizzaz that it had 5-7 years ago. I feels a bit predictable and recycled. They don't do anything epic anymore. Like the jet dragster or the races of the Car v Public transport. And I'll put this as Clarkson once did in one of his DVDs about American cars:

"They've shown they can produce amazing stuff, so what happened?"

And the script. Cause it is all scripted. Once upon a time you couldn't tell it was now you can.

That being said, I felt the Australian episode they did this season was the best in a few seasons. I was genuinely entertained.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #49
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
No. I don't think it is. I don't have any evidence to back that up, but it just doesn't have that edgy pizzaz that it had 5-7 years ago. I feels a bit predictable and recycled. They don't do anything epic anymore. Like the jet dragster or the races of the Car v Public transport. And I'll put this as Clarkson once did in one of his DVDs about American cars:

"They've shown they can produce amazing stuff, so what happened?"

And the script. Cause it is all scripted. Once upon a time you couldn't tell it was now you can.

That being said, I felt the Australian episode they did this season was the best in a few seasons. I was genuinely entertained.
Bit off topic, but I've found this season is more in line with seasons of yesteryear as you've said. Definitely worth watching it.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #50
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a reason why every other version of Top Gear is, if not an outright failure, painful to watch as the hosts try vainly to copy the chemistry between Clarkson, May, and Hammond...they're three sides of a pyramid and it won't work without one of them.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2015, 02:47 AM   #51
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

im surprised the thread is still going
he certainly creates debate

worth 50 million they say?
id be gone already
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #52
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

JC is God

see what i did there ¿
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #53
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Heard there is a new book coming out - "How to revive declining tv viewing ratings for dummies" by Jeremy Clarkson & BBC.

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 12-03-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #54
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
The outspoken host reportedly told friends he didn’t punch Tymon, but admitted there had been “handbags and pushing.”
Interseting also that over 426000 people have signed a petition at change.org to have him re-instated onto the BBC, yet only 800 people signed the petition to remove him permanently!!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #55
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

I think the idea of the petition misses the point of why he was suspended.

Maybe if he wasn't on his "final warning" this would be nothing though.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #56
Chopped
as in chopped

I used to love the show but lost interest a few years ago. Too scripted for me now, same old same old.

James May's Toy Stories was good imo.

I just watch Chris Harris review vids for my car porn fix.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #57
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah Harris is a champion.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #58
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLR View Post
JC is God

see what i did there ¿
confuse the son and the father? :P
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #59
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...P=share_btn_fb
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2015, 06:26 PM   #60
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

James May's take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo85xMi8imY
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post