Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #511
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

I have a 2015 LZ Trend. I find the seats a disappointment. The seat base in mine has a horizontal raised stitch seam about 2 inches back from the seat back. This gives me numb bum quite badly. I also find it hard to assess how much lumbar support and backrest pitch to set. I find it hard to get comfortable and generally am trying different height pitch and lumbar supports in the 10000kms I have had it but find I am still suffering discomfort.
****es me off as everything else about the car is very good. I bought a manual specifically to get better economy. It's currently showing an average of 5.0'litres per 100kms on mainly motorway inning but fills show a true average of 5.4 .
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2017, 01:23 AM   #512
to4garret
Starter Motor

Bought my 2016 Focus S as a small family car and the missus is the primary driver. Just ticked over 16,000kms or second service doing the optionals and she pulled into the driveway last Wednesday when the MFD displayed "Transmission Malfunction, Service Now".

I was at work at the time and she rang the local ford dealer who said just drive it in. Like hell, had RCA collect it in the morning and got a phone call in the afternoon that the Aux transmission pump had failed.

Took a week but we have the car back now and seems to be fine.

Anyone else have this issue?
to4garret is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #513
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Our Focus has been through a rough patch. I clipped a kangaroo going out to work and cracked the headlight, now the LED doesn't work, so need to replace that.
The missus is the main driver. She parked out the back of her work and a tray back ute or 4WD has backed into it very hard and put a decent dent in it. As per usual, no note left, so it will come out of our own pocket. Going to get quotes on it this week hopefully.
The missus also scraped a bit of paint off the front bumper on a bluestone gutter.

All fun and games here. Haha

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #514
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you go beserk.?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2017, 02:22 PM   #515
WindsorXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Did you go beserk.?
Hahaha. About which one?

Definitely very angry at the no note left with our car getting run into.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 28-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #516
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorXR View Post
Our Focus has been through a rough patch.
Yeah mine went through that last year. First had an idiot merge into the front passenger door then before that was fixed had a truck at work reverse into it needed a new rear hatch, bumper and tail light. At least I had both repairs completed at the same time. Fingers crossed I encounter no more idiots.
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2017, 06:56 PM   #517
Rock45
Starter Motor

Hi guys, I haven't been able to find any information online, does anyone know the correct torque for the lug nuts on the focus?
Rock45 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #518
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock45 View Post
Hi guys, I haven't been able to find any information online, does anyone know the correct torque for the lug nuts on the focus?
Wheel nut torque is 135Nm..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #519
WindsorXR

So, I got a price on a new drivers headlight assembly from Ford. Something like $760 for one light! Whoa!!! I do get employee price, which brought it down to $480 or there abouts.
I have seen some aftermarket ones that look pretty cool. I might investigate them closer. I can buy them for $730 for the pair. So, if they seem like a good thing and meet all the requirements and legalities, I might go that way.

Here's a pic of the headlights I'm looking at if anyone was interested.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 03-07-2017, 10:09 PM   #520
Focii

Quote:
So, I got a price on a new drivers headlight assembly from Ford. Something like $760 for one light! Whoa!!! I do get employee price, which brought it down to $480 or there abouts.
That is crazy! I wonder if the LED DRL component is replaceable? Surely it would have to be?

If you get the Geniune Ford replacement, just make sure the LED DRL colours match.

I had to get one headlight replaced on my LZ Sport (it had a large gouge/scratch on it and noticed it on pre-delivery inspection), and the LED DRL on the replacements is a different colour temperature to to the existing one.. and it annoys the crap out of me as I notice it all the time.

Unfortunately I noticed it a while after getting the replacement, so the complaint window has shut.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #521
WindsorXR

Oh damn. One would think that they would be the same temperature range. Idiots!

I'll keep that in mind when I replace it.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 05-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #522
Focii

Quote:
Oh damn. One would think that they would be the same temperature range. Idiots!

I'll keep that in mind when I replace it.
Yeah I would say it falls within the same temperature "range" (probably used the wrong words above), but the new one is noticeably different (some would say slight) to the existing one (one appears whiter and one is slightly purplish).

I read up on it and apparently it is hard to manufacture LEDs to have exactly the same colour across batches.

I will live with it as the rest of the car is awesome.
Old 24-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #523
straightsix
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

I have the 2017 Trend with the 1.5T and conventional auto.

When I got it the wife was stunned how much better it was than our our 2012 Trend (with crappy dual clutch auto). The goodyear tyres seem quieter and softer riding than the Michelin fitted to 2012 model

We got the Tech pack which includes the adaptive cruise plus several "awareness" functions - and a fab leather steering wheel. Have down 3000k and yet to find any fault with it.

2008 FG G6 Falcon
2017 Focus

Previous cars:
2000 AU2 Farimont
1996 EF Fairmont Wagon
1994 Ford ED Falcon GL Wagon
1993 Ford Laser Gli
1984 XE Falcon Wagon 4.1
1977 Fairmont 4.9 V8 Wagon
1977 Falcon GS 4.9 V8 Sedan
1972 XA Falcon ute
straightsix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2017, 03:37 AM   #524
WindsorXR

Focus is all good again.
ended up getting a new headlight from Ford at a ridiculous price, even for employee pricing. LED strips looks exactly the same.
car then went through insurance to get the boot fixed. Looks brand new again.....well, except for the broken interior clips floating around inside the panel and the interior handle cover flapping about, oh and the little bit of splash on the cream interior panels, which I'm guessing is from the buffer. I guess I'll be going back and asking them not to use the apprentice to rectify it.

I also got the 30,000kms service done the other day. While I was there, I was looking into trade-in for a Mondeo Wagon. They did a valuation on the car......they don't know about any previous damage, but still gave me a valuation of $14,000!! Ouch!! I know that Dealers low-ball and have to make their money on it too, but that is a joke. Most cars with similar kms and same specs are selling around 19,000-21,000
Looks like we will just keep it a bit longer and if we have a second child that needs more room, the missus will start driving the XR6.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 19-10-2017, 03:54 PM   #525
MBMondeo
Starter Motor

CarAdvice has just posted a review of the LZ. Seem to be fairly happy with it

http://www.caradvice.com.au/546193/2...-hatch-review/
MBMondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #526
KosCo

The Sync 3 version has been out now for about 16 months. Considering that the maps provided were about 6 months old when Sync 3 was released, the maps must now be over 22 months old now and getting older each day. Wonder how any new buyers would feel if they knew that.

Anyone heard of any map updates on Sync 3?
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #527
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
The Sync 3 version has been out now for about 16 months. Considering that the maps provided were about 6 months old when Sync 3 was released, the maps must now be over 22 months old now and getting older each day. Wonder how any new buyers would feel if they knew that.

Anyone heard of any map updates on Sync 3?
I heard from my dealer, SYNC3 map updates late October/ early November, so not too far away.
Old 19-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #528
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
I heard from my dealer, SYNC3 map updates late October/ early November, so not too far away.
Good to hear that - have our car going in for its first 15k service in a couple of weeks. Do you know if the map updates have to be done by the dealer or can the owner do the update?
Old 19-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #529
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
Good to hear that - have our car going in for its first 15k service in a couple of weeks. Do you know if the map updates have to be done by the dealer or can the owner do the update?
Not sure unfortunately...
Old 21-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #530
asdetail
Starter Motor

I believe map updates are supposed to be complimentary if you get your car serviced by a ford dealer.

However don't quote me on this as I am not 100% sure.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #531
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
I believe map updates are supposed to be complimentary if you get your car serviced by a ford dealer.

However don't quote me on this as I am not 100% sure.
True, at this point only for SYNC2 vehicles, but believe it will include SYNC3 once the first map update is released soon.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #532
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Quote:
I also got the 30,000kms service done the other day. While I was there, I was looking into trade-in for a Mondeo Wagon. They did a valuation on the car......they don't know about any previous damage, but still gave me a valuation of $14,000!! Ouch!
I only got $13,000 offered for 2016 Sport Manual with less than 30,000kms.
no previous accidents etc. I guess the knocked off the extra $1000 on mine because the carpet needed a vacuum... Never letting passengers wear shoes in my car again lol...

2006 BF XL 5.4 3v 220 Barra V8 1 tonne ute. Auto

2003 TJ Wrangler ready to Rock N Roll.. Auto
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #533
asdetail
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G View Post
I only got $13,000 offered for 2016 Sport Manual with less than 30,000kms.
no previous accidents etc. I guess the knocked off the extra $1000 on mine because the carpet needed a vacuum... Never letting passengers wear shoes in my car again lol...
was offered $15k for 11/16 build 2016 sport auto with 7000klms as trade on new mustang, doesn't say much for the resale value of the lz

Last edited by asdetail; 25-11-2017 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typo
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #534
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The LED Drls don't match on our Sport either, its never been in an accident so I can only assume its an issue between the LH and RH light?

Ours has done 33,000 kms now and there's a few issues appearing. First one is a delay in the transmission when taking off from being stopped. Feels like it hesitates for a second. Next issue is a rattle on start up / at low revs.

Good cars let down by a few niggles. As for resale good luck, the powershift models have killed resale on the badge.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #535
WindsorXR

Our DRLs matched from factory. I hit a kangaroo and had to buy a new head light assembly.
They still match being from different batches. Maybe I got lucky?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 11-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #536
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Who knows but mine have a slight variation, not worried about it, it’s a workhorse.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2018, 04:45 AM   #537
ThaiFiesta
Starter Motor

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading to a Focus Sport from my Fiesta Sport. Has anyone else made this move and, if so, have any comments?
ThaiFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #538
KosCo

I have also put this post on the Whirlpool forums LZ Focus section --

I have just checked with the Ford website and it is now showing that Sync 3 v2.3 is now available and can be downloaded. Interested in anyone who has done this install and if it is straight forward and any problems with it? Thanks
Old 22-01-2018, 01:24 AM   #539
aaaaplay

Have any previous LW Mk1 (German) owners noticed the little things Ford has done to save money on the new car?

So far I've noticed the following:
  • Ambient lighting in the overhead console has changed from red bars to small lamps.
  • No shelf in the glovebox for the owners manual or zip up cover for the manual.
  • Flimsy passenger side fuse cover (fallen off twice).
  • No ISOFIX points.
  • Glovebox light is now an exposed bulb rather than having a lense.
  • Matt painted trim rather than glossy trim.

Other than that I do find it to be a much better car, in fact, most of those could probably be fixed/retrofitted with parts from older models.

Love the Sync 3 system but ours never seems to update, just fails.
aaaaplay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #540
KosCo

Yes - sure miss the extra space in the glovebox that was available in the LW version. Anyone know if there is extra stuff been added in the LZ that warrants the truncated glovebox?