Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #31
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Woman hands herself in to police after dash cam catches her keying a luxury Audi

$250 a scratch.
About the same as littering.
I'd be ****ed off it wasn't more.
Should be paying for the repairs too, hopefully the insurance company knocks on the ****ters door.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #32
leesa

Default Re: Woman hands herself in to police after dash cam catches her keying a luxury Audi

What a miserable bitch.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #33
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
What a miserable bitch.
you will get moderated on this forum for using the B word, I already have said the same and my post was moderated , who would have thought you cannot use b word anymore, nanny state lives on.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #34
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Given that she's been identified, charged & fined, it will be standard practice for the insurance company to now take action against her for the costs involved in fixing the vehicle..
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #35
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
you will get moderated on this forum for using the B word, I already have said the same and my post was moderated , who would have thought you cannot use b word anymore, nanny state lives on.
Oh, my bad, I thought there was a filter in place and that if it didn't get censored it must be okay. Why is that word not auto censored out?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #36
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
City of Sydney town planner find $1250 for 5 separate incidents, claimed she didn't like cars blocking the footpath:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...047b5b38110c54
Is this woman a member of Clover Moores city council? If she is it goes a long way to explain her superior attitude towards the general public. Probably thought she was untouchable too.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #37
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
City of Sydney town planner find $1250 for 5 separate incidents, claimed she didn't like cars blocking the footpath:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...047b5b38110c54
Is that all? That wouldn't even pay for the damage caused. Should've been fined $12,500 instead.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #38
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

What a doofus.i am in favour of seeing the wire brush thing happen but that's mainly just because I like gore.
Old 13-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #39
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I reckon she'll claim mental health problems and walk scot free

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Is that all? That wouldn't even pay for the damage caused. Should've been fined $12,500 instead.
More importantly, she should have lost her job for bringing the council into disrepute.
Let her explain to her next employer why she lost her last job....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #41
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Not so much 'the nanny state' but I thought it was quite derogatory and not necessary.
Old 13-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #42
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Three sides to every story. The press always reports that facts:
I don’t approve of her actions by any stretch, she’s a fool but I don’t buy the Mr Innocent story either. For it to happen multiple times there’s some bad blood in there somewhere. Looks like the car was possibly parked across the footpath, even though he claims he would “never” do that! Who knows the actual facts, certainly not the reporters. He’s parked there regularly and had he same treatment, now, what’s the old saying about repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?? He parked it there as bait with the dashcam to get her. There’s history in there somewhere.

If she is a city of Sydney town planner I’d fine her for a lot more crimes than car keying

Last edited by XByoot; 13-04-2018 at 09:44 PM.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2018, 05:40 AM   #43
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
More importantly, she should have lost her job for bringing the council into disrepute.
Let her explain to her next employer why she lost her last job....
That doesn't give me as much satisfaction as watching her go bankrupt paying the fine and the repair bill. Her actions were reprehensible and she should suffer for them. The $1,250 fine is nothing but a slap on the wrist.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #44
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
Three sides to every story. The press always reports that facts:
I don’t approve of her actions by any stretch, she’s a fool but I don’t buy the Mr Innocent story either. For it to happen multiple times there’s some bad blood in there somewhere. Looks like the car was possibly parked across the footpath, even though he claims he would “never” do that! Who knows the actual facts, certainly not the reporters. He’s parked there regularly and had he same treatment, now, what’s the old saying about repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?? He parked it there as bait with the dashcam to get her. There’s history in there somewhere.

If she is a city of Sydney town planner I’d fine her for a lot more crimes than car keying
Provided he was parked legally, which I don’t believe is clear or not other than his claims of never parking on the footpath. Why should he have to change where he parks?

If someone repeatedly commits a crime they should be caught. It shouldn’t be the victims fault.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #45
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Provided he was parked legally, which I don’t believe is clear or not other than his claims of never parking on the footpath. Why should he have to change where he parks?

If someone repeatedly commits a crime they should be caught. It shouldn’t be the victims fault.
True, that’s the issue. Too many “ providing and ifs” in the whole thing.

Why should he change where he parks? Well call me old fashioned, but if I had a big ol secure driveway like he seems to have and I parked my brand new car out the front all the time and it got vandalised I’d be keen to stop it happening the second time. Additionally, this is an area where parking is at a premium to say the least , I’d say it’s being a good neighbour to free up another space by parking it off the street, he may actually be blocking people in by parking like he has, maybe that’s the issue, who knows. Now, leaving it out the front coz “it’s my right” is fine, but I’d suggest if he was so upset about his car getting vandalised he would remove it from the risk, not continually expose it.

Old mate with his car is trying to bait her of prove some kind of point. What that is no one would know but like I say there’s a history here. Probably just some stupidity about him blocking her car in and he wanting the parking out the front for his cars, who knows. Ultimately she deserved to get caught and she did, but we can guess all day about her motives and the logic for his actions.

Last edited by XByoot; 14-04-2018 at 08:43 AM.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #46
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

You'd think the very naughty woman could've had a mobile device to record any person flouting any parking laws but she didnt provide any proof old mate transgressed any laws.

This town planner may be smart but she definitely has no forsight or sense, you'd think if she looked into the vehicle she was about to vandalize & saw the dash cam she would've backed off & thought twice about doing the dirty. A brazen act repeated over & over perhaps..

Theres no throwing off here for her, she's been handed a criminal record for life now plus all costs to be recovered.

Personally i think she might need some serious counseling for mental issues in the background presently or before her criminal actions imo.

She is still very wrong to take the law into her own hands though hey.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #47
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Which models of dashcam records for a decent amount of time when car is off ?.
I bought a 16k USB battery bank and just charge it up at the weekend. it has enough charge to run all day for 5 days. What you also need is a big memory card for it to give maximum amount of footage before it starts to overright the oldest data.
Old 14-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #48
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A pity the fine was not proportionate to her earnings as a town planner. $1250 is peanuts for a malicious tertiary educated vandal. Hopefully a conviction is recorded against her.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #49
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

She probably votes for the Greens.......

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #50
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Initially read that and thought the $1250 fine seemed low, but all things considered she's copped a reasonable hiding. $1250 fine + insurance will bill her + public humiliation + conviction on her criminal record, future career trajectory also likely torn to shreds. Car owner will forget about it, but this will haunt her for many years- and so it should, she's a scumbag (being a town planner and all).

One of my cars had the bonnet keyed recently, I'm sure it made someone's day. Outside of kids up to simple mischief, I tend to think that an adult person who puts time and thought aside to do this is probably struggling with a few things, I'm glad it's them on the other side of the key and not me.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #51
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Not so much 'the nanny state' but I thought it was quite derogatory and not necessary.
Really did you read the other comments here seriously, I called her a bitch and should be sacked ....
Old 16-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #52
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably worth remembering the bulk of vandalism is done by adolescents boys, often spurred on by peer pressure & perhaps alcohol. I am not condoning this persons behaviour but it is irrelevant what the sex of the offender is.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #53
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Probably worth remembering the bulk of vandalism is done by adolescents boys, often spurred on by peer pressure & perhaps alcohol. I am not condoning this persons behaviour but it is irrelevant what the sex of the offender is.

Really that's the way you think these days! I for one am sick of political correctness BS....Na she was identified as a woman , female, end of story.
Old 20-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #54
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Really that's the way you think whathese days! I for one am sick of political correctness BS....Na she was identified as a woman , female, end of story.
If you call somebody politically correct because they don't tolerate racists, homophobes, sexism, cruelty to animals, bully's and general cowardice behaviour, then I am guilty. The reason why it was done is the only thing that matters. The sex/age/colour/religion of the person who did it is irrelevant. Some of the comments on this topic are completely inappropriate and are very telling about those who posted them. I will always act & always have whenever I witness any of these types of behaviours as more men need to do if our society is to improve.
Old 20-04-2018, 01:57 PM   #55
71cop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
The sex/age/colour/religion of the person who did it is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant at all, if someone has been caught doing wrong why shouldn't they be identified regardless of sex/age/colour/religion ? It takes away suspicion from innocent parties whoever they may be.
Too many of these grubs hiding behind whatever they can find or make up once they are caught, not to mention the do gooders wanting to protect their identity for them for whatever reason.
Getting caught is a risk you take if you do something wrong so if you're uncomfortable with this scenario be like the majority of the population and don't commit crimes.
71cop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #56
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
It's not irrelevant at all, if someone has been caught doing wrong why shouldn't they be identified regardless of sex/age/colour/religion ? It takes away suspicion from innocent parties whoever they may be.
Too many of these grubs hiding behind whatever they can find or make up once they are caught, not to mention the do gooders wanting to protect their identity for them for whatever reason.
Getting caught is a risk you take if you do something wrong so if you're uncomfortable with this scenario be like the majority of the population and don't commit crimes.
Completely missed the point.
Old 21-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #57
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I think we all missed your point.