Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 20-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #31
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
You must have been doing something wrong then.

Rick.
With all due respect rick, V8 supercar drivers only flat change on the 4-5 and 5-6 change.

One of my super stock customers (10 sec HG monaro) has a jerico, and doesnt flat change until top

A friend of mine (well known pro stock racer) in his B gas Pontiac never flat changed 1-2 or 2-3

so how is your i6 going to be faster if these 6,7 and 900 hp v8's dont benefit?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #32
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eed-250
lol good on ya!! Lets bow down to OED666

bahaha only kiddin man.

yeah i only flatshift 3-4... i was thinking about making a gate like they have on the ferraris so i have no chance of missing 3rd.. haha...
thats only at the drags..

i have stuffed up 1-2 shifts on the road... and actually missed 4th once...

2-3 sometimes is a lottery in T5's, but for some reason at the drags it just goes in every time...
Old 20-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #33
eed-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahahha
ill join u in the missing 4th club.. :(

but yeah, i seen ya vid, ur shifts are quick as! and ur car sounds horn
520rwhp

Last edited by eed-250; 20-01-2005 at 01:51 PM.
eed-250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #34
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Guys Mark will vouch for my launches of the startline with street tyres can't really explain what l do but it works.

MARK maybe you should use the street tyres l use for the drags they have grip baby.
Old 20-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #35
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Guys Mark will vouch for my launches of the startline with street tyres can't really explain what l do but it works.

MARK maybe you should use the street tyres l use for the drags they have grip baby.
Chris you can launch a car very good 2.06 60 foot is tops...but you need that 1.80 will give you a magic ET...
If i had a clutch streets would be good but with an auto its just stall it up let it go, unloads the tyres hits the blocks on the rear, since lowering unloads the tyres very easy...
with a clutch you can ride it out..my best time on a sp3000 is 13.80.
Chris check this....priced for a good launch...lol..
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=423

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 20-01-2005 at 10:43 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #36
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:

If you took those gay stickers off your bonnet, and put your wing back on, it may help weight transfer, therefore a better 60. :Reverend:
Old 21-01-2005, 09:56 AM   #37
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
With all due respect rick, V8 supercar drivers only flat change on the 4-5 and 5-6 change.
A flat change is a flat change, no matter what gear it's done in.
In any case, since when are V8 Supercars drag raced, the topic is drag racing.
Quote:
One of my super stock customers (10 sec HG monaro) has a jerico, and doesnt flat change until top

A friend of mine (well known pro stock racer) in his B gas Pontiac never flat changed 1-2 or 2-3

so how is your i6 going to be faster if these 6,7 and 900 hp v8's dont benefit?
Same way the countless other drag cars benefit from doing so.

Rick.
Old 21-01-2005, 12:58 PM   #38
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

GUY'S best thing is get a AUTO they flat change in every gear and never miss any gear..lol..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 01:56 PM   #39
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I'll share a technique that seems to work for me very well. I'm not sure if it will work for others, but...

...when I grab the shifter and do a 2-3 shift, the shifter jams under a heavy load. So what I've started doing is instead of grabbing the shifter, I simply put my hand behind it, and push up fast with a very slight hint of force towards the right, and the shifter just slides in there beautifuly.

Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but it seems to work for me very well, with it very rarely jamming.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #40
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
If you took those gay stickers off your bonnet, and put your wing back on, it may help weight transfer, therefore a better 60. :Reverend:

stickers are gone and l told you the wing is of for good, so if anyone knows where l can get a black standard XT (no wing) boot lid please email me.

And as if the wing is going to help my 60" Your dreamin LOL

Have another Bundy Chris
Old 21-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #41
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Am I the only one who fogs up the helmet from screaming out obsceneties after missing the 2nd-3rd shift on a good run? Or am I not alone!

Rod,
I'm thinking I'm not fogging my helmut, I don't have my visor down. When it come to the obsceneties though I'm with ya! I've been practising the quick flick from 2nd to 3rd, I hope it works tomorrow.
Old 23-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #42
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Quote:
Flat change? PM me if you guys need your T5 rebuilt!!!!!!!!

I drove my 347 AU to many 13.6's, never went faster with a flat change.

Chris
Flat changing is evil, i destroyed a gearbox and 2 clutches by flat changing. i went quicker but is it worth .2 of a second hell yhea (sometimes LOL)

Dont do it anymore, have devised a new way of shifting. Its called the ScudShift™ :eclipsee_ seriously though flat change all you want but its not user friendly. Im coming up on just 3 years of driving a manual car so im still learning

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 02:05 AM   #43
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

I have footage of some gearchanges if anyone wants to help me upload. i have plenty of footage incar but due to camera stand angle cannot get gearchanges on film yet, just changing into gear. If anyone is at Heathcote next, just come up i will take you down as a passenger and see for yourself. but remember, its a GEN III. the key is, learn to launch and slip the clutch if necessary, you need momentum off the line. If anyone wants to know anymore ask.

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #44
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

You can send them to me if you want Simon, I'll host them up

blown351 at tpg.com.au
Old 24-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #45
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
...when I grab the shifter and do a 2-3 shift, the shifter jams under a heavy load. So what I've started doing is instead of grabbing the shifter, I simply put my hand behind it, and push up fast with a very slight hint of force towards the right, and the shifter just slides in there beautifully.
lol thats how u should be shifting normally

Soxx flat shifting is just a waste of time
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 01:32 PM   #46
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
LOL, do you see the irony here......

Rick.
Old 24-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #47
Pearly
Lowriding

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
lol thats how u should be shifting normally

Then why are people always bitching of 2-3rd jamming?
Old 24-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #48
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
stickers are gone and l told you the wing is of for good, so if anyone knows where l can get a black standard XT (no wing) boot lid please email me.

And as if the wing is going to help my 60" Your dreamin LOL

Have another Bundy Chris
actually, I would prefer some RICE oops I mean ice tea...............

haha
Old 24-01-2005, 08:22 PM   #49
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Then why are people always bitching of 2-3rd jamming?

Coz the gearbox is notchy and not too smooth to begin with.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post