Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Default The Gay Bomb

This cracked me up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4174519.stm
http://www.gnn.tv/headlines/headline.php?id=792
---------------

The US military investigated building a "gay bomb", which would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other, government papers say.

Other weapons that never saw the light of day include one to make soldiers obvious by their bad breath.

The US defence department considered various non-lethal chemicals meant to disrupt enemy discipline and morale.

The 1994 plans were for a six-year project costing $7.5m, but they were never pursued.

The US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called “harassing, annoying and ‘bad guy’-identifying chemicals”.

The plans were obtained under the US Freedom of Information by the Sunshine Project, a group which monitors research into chemical and biological weapons.

*‘Who? Me?’*

The plan for a so-called “love bomb” envisaged an aphrodisiac chemical that would provoke widespread homosexual behaviour among troops, causing what the military called a “distasteful but completely non-lethal” blow to morale.

Scientists also reportedly considered a “sting me/attack me” chemical weapon to attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats towards enemy troops.

A substance to make the skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight was also pondered.

Another idea was to develop a chemical causing “severe and lasting halitosis”, so that enemy forces would be obvious even when they tried to blend in with civilians.

In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a “Who? Me?” bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

Indeed, a “Who? Me?” device had been under consideration since 1945, the government papers say.

However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because “people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis”.

Captain Dan McSweeney of the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate at the Pentagon said the defence department receives “literally hundreds” of project ideas, but that “none of the systems described in that [1994] proposal have been developed”.

He told the BBC: “It’s important to point out that only those proposals which are deemed appropriate, based on stringent human effects, legal, and international treaty reviews are considered fordevelopment or acquisition.”
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It'd be a worry, with all the US friendly fire that goes on.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure their's been a "gay bomb" or two dropped on Sydney in recent times (must be a military test range, LOL).
Old 16-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #4
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Hahahahahahahahaha. Bloody yanks, frickin idiots
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
Kryton

yeah i read this and laughed. then i thought about for a bit and remembered a few years ago they made it law or something that gays were allowed in the military and they couldnt be discriminated against........didnt seem so funny then.
maybe its all part of the Grand Plan?
imagine going up against a regiment of gays.....
"yum!... he's got a nice figure"!
"you can talk hunny....look at your scrumptous muscles"
"oh your so naughty"!!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Would they have to make a hetro bomb for enemy navies?

hehehehehe
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #7
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

/me wonders just how much XA-Coupe (tm) knows about the Who Me Bomb? (tm)...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post