Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
Robocop
Lyrical Mastermind

Exclamation Computer Help Please. Norton AntiVirus

ok guys, im sorta stumped at the moment. I booted up my computer the other day and Norton (of which ive never had any issues with) AntiVirus 2003, to be specific, says "Norton AntiVirus has encountered an internal program error. Uninstall and re-install Norton AntiVirus." and in the bottom corner of the prompt it has the numbers '3005,545'.

After a quick search into the Symantec knowledge base, it said that it was due to permission errors in the registry, and gives instructions of what and how to change them to fix it. So i did what it said, changed the permissions so all users have full control of symantec stuff, uninstalled and reinstalled, except now i get the same error message just before it finishes installing, and no matter how many times i double check the registry to make sure its all right, and how many times i uninstall and reinstall, it says the same thing. now im stumped, and any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers guys

Stay Frosty :
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post