Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #1
Dodge
i like to be stroked

Default xmas again 4 me

well My cobra jet mustang turned up in brissy today, i drove to TNT at arcacia ridge to watch them swap it from the big semmy to a small truck to deliver to my workshop , i tell u i was sweating watching them shift if of ther truck, it had a loose battery term so they couldnt start it ( by the way i wasnt alloud into the depo i had to peer thru the fence)
so im watching them try to tow my car off the trucks top level platform, it was the front car so it was pointing down the wrong way to push of , the driver loaded a 4x4 onto top row and tied my car to it then dragged it up the ramp to a flat surface , meanwhile the 4x4 was inches from the back ot the top level which was 8 ft in the air, i could picture the 4x4 going of the back pulling my car onto its roof, lucky 4 everyone it didnt but it still took 1/2 hr for them to get the car of the truck , meanwhile the truck which was going to deliver had to go and left, so im standing in the heat watching my car get skull draged of a truck and couldnt help ... i saw it once he started it and drove it outside the fence, they bend some of the x member and there is a small dent on the roof and a chip the size of a 20 cent coin on the front guard, all parts were there bar a pallet of wheels. The got to my shop at 2 pm where i had to fix a torn fuel line from the chains... i got in and cleaned out the cars inners then washed it , it has goops of grease all over front end and window, the underneath was as dusty as a country church and there was still the same dirt and grease underneath , so much for my 254 $ steam clean job.... i drove it up the end of the street , did a massive 180 rear wheel peeler and back into my shop, i riped out the diff, and real leaf springs, chucked out shocks , exhaust and will hit the front end tomorrow, I have a complete new set of leaf springs, upper and lower arms, and all new rubbers for the complete susspension and new KYB shocks, i will also give it a quick spray of body detener and diff is gettn rebuilt completly with new bearings , clutches , changing 3.25 to 3.9 and powder coat the housing with a sump plug. Im happy now and will get some sleep at last, i kid u not i have had 4 hrs sleep in the last 3 days ,with all the crap i have thrown at me.
PS the colour of the car is out of this world, its got more fairy dust than liverarchys ring hole... its candy apple red with gold fleck and multi colour pearl... pics will come soon b4 and after . Thanks for ur support guys.
Old 14-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
shane3
FPV GT 0915

PIC'S, PIC'S, PIC'S, PIC'S, Sounds like you have a very nice project on your hands, what year is it ?, My wife has always wanted a Mustang, But she will have to do with the GT.
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh definately need pics asap!!

sounds like youre going to have yourself a damned nice car once its all ready to roll
Old 14-01-2005, 11:09 PM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

1969 fastback factory 428 4V ram air I(shaker) Mach 1 V8 taken out to 439 with large massive 427 race valves , race cam, c6 auto fully man valve body and stall converter with a factory Nodular 31 spline posi 9 " rear, pushing 500 0r aroundabout at the crank.
Old 15-01-2005, 12:51 AM   #5
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You finally got it... i'm sure your glad that "most" of the shit with the transport company is finally over.

Have fun with her. :eclipsee_
Old 15-01-2005, 01:03 AM   #6
rodderz

good to hear you finally got it!

Also good to hear you christened it under your ownership in style by giving the tyres a good workout
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 01:43 AM   #7
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Dodge it happened you are a lucky man...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

ooo very nice indeed. id be slamming the transport co tho.
Old 15-01-2005, 03:22 AM   #9
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

congrats on getting here home relativley unscathed:P

can wait to see some pics of the beastie

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 03:57 AM   #10
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Awesome dodge, I can't wait to see some proper shots of your beast.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 09:09 AM   #11
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mighty fine in sixty nine. the pinnacle of the muscle car era imo. congrats on your purchase.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post