Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Default Rear Wheel Alignment

Just got some new tyres!!! (Firehawk Wide Ovals for $119 baby!)

I also just did a wheel alignment at Bridgestone. This has happened before, apparently Fiestas are non-adjustable at the rear. So i'll have to take it to Ford to work on.

The last time this happened the guy at Ford had "no idea" about the non-adjustable rears, so he didn't charge me cos it was still under warranty.

My question is did you guys have to do the same thing? and if you had to pay, how much was it at ford?

Cheers

nnng_oozie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I asked the same thing when I got new wheels and tyres, a couple of people here said for me to ask places like Pedders for camber kit. I havent got around it yet :P

Firehawk Wide Oval? dont you mean Firestone? and what size are your wheels?

EDIT :- hey you're in Sydney, you should come to EuroFordClub cruises! next one is on the 8th December. Well not really a cruise, but dinner at Hogs Breath!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=75419
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Being a solid rear axle, theres no adjustment "built in". Only if the rear is out a fair way will you need to do something about it.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The rear of the fiesta isn't adjustable. If you want adjustablity you need aftermarket.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

just a question. why would you want to adjust the rear. isnt it setup for the most benifical drive/wear and tear possible?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ the alignment will go overtime. You'd want to re-align them with they're misaligned, right?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
^^^ the alignment will go overtime. You'd want to re-align them with they're misaligned, right?
i always thought a SOLID rear meant that there is no need to re-align your rear end.

Old 01-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i thought so too, but everyone's been saying that they can get misaligned overtime and apparently that's when the camber kit steps in.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Nah a solid bar will still yield some movement, my fez is more than 2 yrs old now. Max allowable toe is +2mm
Right now:
Rear Left = +2mm
Rear Right = +3.7mm

So the car pulls to the left when the steering wheel is centered, even tho the front is now aligned correctly. In any case, i spoke with the guy at ford and it "should" be covered by warranty. I justed booked a rear alignment for next wednesday at Power Ford (Castle Hill).

Yes, the tyres are Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals, thats the full name. I've still got the standard wheels, so the tyre profile is still 195/50R15.

Cheers
Old 01-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sweet, sounds like you've got a good deal.

Power Ford ay? do u live local? I live literally 1 min drive from Power Ford.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Hey man, yeah i live locally. Near Oakhill College, I'm like a minute from Oakhill Shops.

You know Unique Autosports? Its right opposite to the holden dealer, I used to work there, hence the discount at Bridgestone.

Peace.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #12
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool!

I just sent u a PM.

Tell us how u go with the rear alignment.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

The Wide ovals are supposed to be a great tyre.

Let us know how they compare to what you had on the car before ! plus good luck with the alignment, i dont think theres much they can do with the rear, but ford may surprise the nation by knowing something we dont.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #14
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

well i jus dropped the car in this morning, fingers crossed i hope nothing is too serious, but then again if it is it should all be covered by warranty.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #15
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnng_oozie
well i jus dropped the car in this morning, fingers crossed i hope nothing is too serious, but then again if it is it should all be covered by warranty.
Hi

yeah would be great to know... my Zetec has been pulling left since I picked it up last year and 4 wheels alignments later (2 at Ford, 1 at Beaurepaires, 1 at Matthews) its still doing it.

I complained about it at each service and got the standard reply - 'wheel alignment is ok and engineer says everything is alright'.

Any news / advice would be very handy.
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #16
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Have you had your rear alignment checked out? What are your latest values? Fiestas have a solid rear axle meaning it shouldn't really be out of alignment until over a long period of time.

Which is why my fiesta is a mystery, 6 months ago i had the left rear out and now the right rear is out...
Old 06-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which is why my fiesta is a mystery, 6 months ago i had the left rear out and now the right rear is out...
Too much watching D1
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #18
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Have you had your rear alignment checked out? What are your latest values? Fiestas have a solid rear axle meaning it shouldn't really be out of alignment until over a long period of time.

Thanks - what's the best way to check it out? At a dealership?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #19
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Als_Zetec
Thanks - what's the best way to check it out? At a dealership?
Go to a tyre centre, if you have recently done a 4-wheel alignment than the data sheet they give should tell you the values (toe, camber, caster, etc) before and after. Do you have it?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #20
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Go to a tyre centre, if you have recently done a 4-wheel alignment than the data sheet they give should tell you the values (toe, camber, caster, etc) before and after. Do you have it?
Thanks, I'll get an alignment done and check out the values.

Assuming the values are out, what do you suggest from there?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #21
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Well if its only your front thats out then you should have no problems. They'll just re-align it to specs.

But if your rear is out........ then i'm afraid you're in my position now, lol.

When was the last time you did an alignment? Was it for all 4 wheels? What are your values?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #22
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Exclamation

Quote:
Well if its only your front thats out then you should have no problems. They'll just re-align it to specs.

But if your rear is out........ then i'm afraid you're in my position now, lol.

When was the last time you did an alignment? Was it for all 4 wheels? What are your values?
Last alignment was a couple of weeks ago - don't recall getting any read outs / values.

Fronts have been re-aligned several times and each time the same result... pulls to the left. Never have been much of a capitalist myself py:
Old 06-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #23
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Well everyone, i just got my car back and here's the news:

There is no visible dammage to the bar/axle/hubs/whatever ie, i don't drive like a jackass.

So they've given the car back to me as they have no idea what to do next. They're gonna speak with a technical team at HQ to see whats the deal, make some calls and figure out what to do to fix my car. At this dealer at least, they have never had a fiesta with this kinda problem.

So yeah there's the news, the first time this happen if some of u remember was around june this year (rear left). Now for the second time in a period of 6 months my rear alignment is out again (rear right).

Peace y'all
Old 06-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #24
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Lightbulb

Quote:
Well everyone, i just got my car back and here's the news:

There is no visible dammage to the bar/axle/hubs/whatever ie, i don't drive like a jackass.

So they've given the car back to me as they have no idea what to do next. They're gonna speak with a technical team at HQ to see whats the deal, make some calls and figure out what to do to fix my car. At this dealer at least, they have never had a fiesta with this kinda problem.

So yeah there's the news, the first time this happen if some of u remember was around june this year (rear left). Now for the second time in a period of 6 months my rear alignment is out again (rear right).

Peace y'all
Cool... sorry that the problem isn't fixed yet. Appreciate all your help and feedback on the issue.

Keep us posted won't you.

c4n
Old 06-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #25
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Wasn't the problem solved last time because they found what needed to be adjusted. If it was solved before it should be able to be solved again.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #26
EDXR65SPEED

In Geelong, its impossible to get a good alignment. Our dealer does them and properly. (not just a 'toe-n-go').

Fiesta rear ends are not adjustable.
Any spec you want to show on the print out can be fabriacted.
EDXR65SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 AM   #27
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR65SPEED
In Geelong, its impossible to get a good alignment. Our dealer does them and properly. (not just a 'toe-n-go').

Fiesta rear ends are not adjustable.
Any spec you want to show on the print out can be fabriacted.
lol thats the problem. the fact they arent adjustable, yet he is having an alignment problem. smell sumthing fishy with the back?

Old 07-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #28
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Other than something being bent, the only thing that can really go wrong is if theres wear/movement in the bushes which should only really noticable after a lot of Kms.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #29
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Other than something being bent, the only thing that can really go wrong is if theres wear/movement in the bushes which should only really noticable after a lot of Kms.

Fair point - understood and agreed. Take my sit for example - the car has not tracked dead straight since day 1 (Aug 05). Wheels alignments (from Ford and others) and assurances from Ford that the tyres are fine, the alignment is ok etc etc and I'm still correcting right.

Any thoughts?
Old 16-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #30
nnng_oozie
Bone Stock Fiesta!

Man power ford are really giving me the shits!!!

I gave them a whole week for a call back and they never did. So i had to call them, in which they left me on hold for too long and i hung up. They finally called me later andnow i gotta bring the car in on wednesday.

Thats all i know, got no idea what HQ has said i jus have to bring the car in on wednesday.

What a drag.