Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Dustproof

Default WS Fiesta Recall

Well it had to happen, I got a call from the dealer today who I bought my new WS Zetec from. They said there is an outstanding recall for the engine wiring harness, apparently its is due to chaffing and only affects UPL versions. They said it will take a couple of hours and they replace the wiring harness.

I guess if you have had a service lately it might have been done, it is a good idea to check.

:lookedat:

Old 29-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
macou

does this apply to the CL too?
macou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Fi.ES.TA

Theres nothing on the web other than this post.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

UPL? Whats that?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a recall in the UK for the 1.6 Ti-VCT model Fiesta (our manual engine) regarding a fuel hose. I have not been called or notified about this, or this wiring harness recall either?
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
UPL? Whats that?
Sorry, my Typo. ULP - Unleaded models. It applies to all WS Fiesta's as far as I was told, just not the Diesel.

I haven't looked around the web for any recalls because I was called by the dealer who booked in on the spot, they said it should be checked but wouldn't go into what could happen. They advised it is a good idea to have it looked at ASAP so mine is going in on 4th Jan.

I just thought it might be a good idea for you guy's to check with the dealer who sold the car to you, I tend to take these things seriously because I don't want to get stuck somewhere.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
There is a recall in the UK for the 1.6 Ti-VCT model Fiesta (our manual engine) regarding a fuel hose. I have not been called or notified about this, or this wiring harness recall either?
I haven't been called up either? This is odd. I'll ring them up now.

Alright they said that they have no word from Ford about it and that the Ford Forums are full of crap and they don't look here because of that reason. Stupid dealers.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30-12-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Update, there is no harness recall on the CLs but there is one for brakes. Its booked in for next Wednesday.
Old 30-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford are bloody useless. The brake recall you speak of mate is pretty serious according to a few forums (I refered to it as a fuel hose recall, my bad). Thanks Ford you useless mob of £&@£)&&£&! Fancy that, a recall that's been out over a month, no letter, no phone call. With my luck it'll be my car that s*%ts its self...
Old 30-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
Busted

Its not a recall. I just asked my service manager and its a in service inspection. The vacume hose from the brake boosted can come into contact with a harness and may lead to chaffing of the booster hose. Is not going to rub a hole in the hose between services so why hit the panic button. you would be serprised how many types of in service inspections take place without you knowing.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Busted

Quote:
Ford are bloody useless. The brake recall you speak of mate is pretty serious according to a few forums (I refered to it as a fuel hose recall, my bad). Thanks Ford you useless mob of £&@£)&&£&! Fancy that, a recall that's been out over a month, no letter, no phone call. With my luck it'll be my car that s*%ts its self...
This post is what hapens when trust what you read on the interweb. THERE IS NO BRAKE RECALL.
Old 31-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
This post is what hapens when trust what you read on the interweb. THERE IS NO BRAKE RECALL.
OK in saying that, Ford don't tell you squat. In stead of getting some blond bimbo who knows NOTHING to call customers, get someone who knows a bit about the issue to contact customers and keep them informed.

For-warned is for-armed, a little communication is what is needed. In my original post I said it was chaffing, my car has 5,600km's on it so service inspections would be miles away (Pardon the Pun).

BTW if you didn't ask nothing would happen, so believing what you read on the Interweb has it's uses. I was the only one who had been called about this by the sound of it, so now you ALL know about this issue.

Thanks for speaking to the service manager about this, at least we have an explanation. They did say to me that I shouldn't drive the car much, take from that what you want but it sounds pretty serious to me.

:eclipsee_
Old 31-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustproof
They did say to me that I shouldn't drive the car much, take from that what you want but it sounds pretty serious to me. :eclipsee_
Thats one of the problems. The whole campain is an internal one. Your dealer should not have contacted you as it is a in service inspection. Its the panic coused by your service department thats not required. My service manager has no need to tell me porky pies as he ownes a new Fiesta.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Head to tge Ford Owners club website and it's classified as an official recall. There's a copy of Fords statement regarding the recall. They should recall the aircon unit too it's useless LOL!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #15
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

When i booked my wifes fiesta in for the flash update and the stupid speaker saga (being replaced) they said there was a hose they replaced from the booster and they re organised a few wires in that region also. He said its a minor recall for inspection so not to worry. On my service reciept it states Recall P0916.

I agree with not telling owners if its not serious, but if the airbags were randomly deploying then I think ford would contact you right away and organise a tow truck for you on the sopt.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
Dustproof

Quote:
Head to tge Ford Owners club website and it's classified as an official recall. There's a copy of Fords statement regarding the recall. They should recall the aircon unit too it's useless LOL!
Hi Rapid,

Would you have a link to this site?

Thanks
Dusty
Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

How about instead of relying on the "Ford Owners Club" to inform you of "official" recalls why don't you check actual government websites?

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952864

NO FIESTA RECALL

End of story
Old 02-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

While we're on the topic of services, do you have to pay to get the firmware updated on the ECU?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #19
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should be free.. ive never paid for an ecu update from a factory car under warranty..
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
How about instead of relying on the "Ford Owners Club" to inform you of "official" recalls why don't you check actual government websites?

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952864

NO FIESTA RECALL

End of story
Actually the Govt website is for Serious/Dangerous Defects not for normal service recalls (As we have found out). There is no "End Of Story" here because there are lots of these recalls happening on all sorts and makes of vehicles. People find out more about things that happen and this is the sort of thing why we all come to websites/Forums like this one. If people want to take notice of it then fine if they don't then that is fine too.

I just wanted to alert people to something that was definitely of concern to me and possibly to others on this forum.

:
Old 03-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #21
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree that they dont have to tell us every little thing, as that would be time consuming/wasting etc...

But the reason most of us are suspicious is because of just how CRAP ford sales and service people have been. If we all thought they were up front and truthful in general we wouldnt be questioning stuff like this...

Hell even I dont believe a word my dealer says. not a single word....

This is why all of us get together to try and help each other out...

So if some of the guys are abit p*ssed off in the replies, its because of the crap they've dealt with already. Dented bonnets,service staff with no idea, sales staff with no idea, blatant lies with delivery dates... you name it..

So of course Ford Dealers wont like this place. How would they fob off 20-30 people with the same car with the same problem? ie aircon being crap...

Nothing because they'd have to fix it then...

Like I've said before.. Ford Oz are lucky the Fiesta is an awesome little car!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Ford Oz are lucky the Fiesta is an awesome little car!
I took my Fiesta in to have the recall performed and they confirmed what Busted said, it was a problem where the Wiring was wrapped around the boosted vacuum hose. They said it was a problem that could cause issues down the track, it took all of 5 mins to do.

It was obvious that they called me to arrange the recall because the Fiesta service intervals are to far apart, I could have had a problem with the brake booster if it had rubbed a hole. It was obviously an issue that could be dangerous depending how tight the wiring harness was attached to the vacuum hose. I guess if I was due for a service they would probably do it then and I would be none the wiser.

Now we all know what it is about you can check with your dealer and have it fixed.

:
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #23
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Alright sweet, mine is going in for the recall on Wednesday but while they're at it I'll get them to do the 3000km service and request an ECU update.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #24
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Dustproof if it was a "dangerous" problem the recall would, and MUST, be made public.

NO car maker is going to call customers for standard service work.

P.S It is not a recall unless the product is actually recalled which hasn't and isn't going to happen
Old 04-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #25
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

Quote:
Alright sweet, mine is going in for the recall on Wednesday but while they're at it I'll get them to do the 3000km service and request an ECU update.
Done both of those on our Zetec today......
Old 04-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #26
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Does the ECU update fix anything? At the moment my car is using about 6.5L/100km all highway driving. The other day I did a 407km highway trip all at 110km/h and used a bit more than half a tank on the guage all straight driving. Just to get the KM from 2500 so its closer to 3000 haha.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #27
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Would you have a link to this site?
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...opic=8504&st=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Yes, because I'd rather put my faith into the Government. Queensland Transport can't even get the correct type of car on my rego details, among others.

Quote:
People find out more about things that happen and this is the sort of thing why we all come to websites/Forums like this one. If people want to take notice of it then fine if they don't then that is fine too.
Agreed. I rang almost every Ford dealer along the South East Coast of Queensland just asking where the GEM is located in my Fiesta. Not a single dealer could tell me. Ford Australia couldn't tell me. At least these Forms offer some support and a better answer than 'Have you looked in the boot?' or my favourite 'It doesn't have one, there is no such thing as a GEM, that's the fuse fox under the bonnet!' WTF?
Old 05-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

Quote:
Does the ECU update fix anything? At the moment my car is using about 6.5L/100km all highway driving. The other day I did a 407km highway trip all at 110km/h and used a bit more than half a tank on the guage all straight driving. Just to get the KM from 2500 so its closer to 3000 haha.
Not for us, still around 7l/100km on a 30km trip from town.....
Old 05-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #29
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agreed. I rang almost every Ford dealer along the South East Coast of Queensland just asking where the GEM is located in my Fiesta. Not a single dealer could tell me. Ford Australia couldn't tell me. At least these Forms offer some support and a better answer than 'Have you looked in the boot?' or my favourite 'It doesn't have one, there is no such thing as a GEM, that's the fuse fox under the bonnet!' WTF?
Please tell me your not surprised the dealers didnt know.
When we got the ford survey after we got the Fiesta.. we ticked very poor for anything to do with the dealer, because it really was that poor!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #30
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They didn't bother sending the survey to me or even on my company Ford. They know I'd just winge, it's the Pom in me LOL! At least you were honest!