Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Duke
The Duke

Default Need the Territory in W.A.

Thanks to all the replies in the other thread where my missus is leaving for Perth, very much appreciated guys and girls...

But some of those replies have her scared now. It seems the Medina / Kwinana area isn't too flash.

So based on that - we're now looking for advice on;
  • the best method;
  • and the cost of;
Transporting the Territory over to W.A. for her to use
She leaves on August 5.

Thanks again for your help.
Duke.

Old 23-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Probably on the train, this way she will travel with it and once she gets to Perth, can just jump in the car and away she goes!
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Truck it over.

Should be able to get a quote for under a grand. Try TNT, Toll and any other large carriers. I avoid the smaller ones, if something happens to your car, its like trying to get blood from a stone.

The Medina/Kwinana are isnt as bad as alot of people think, used to be alot worse too.

Coppers have cracked down a fair bit in the last decade as well, there are alot worse suburbs in perth than Kwinny.

Bonus is you are 5 minutes from the motorplex (drag and speedway).

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

In the Kwinana area Parmelia is probably the nicest. Medina and Calista oldest and can be a little rough. But Parmelia and also a lot of Orelia is reasonably nice. I have owned two houses in the area and had no drama.
Buy my place for her :-)
http://www.goprivate.com.au/properti...mit&id=1734342
Old 23-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Duke
The Duke

Thanks folks.
She's going to be staying with her son in Medina so the choice of area is already made.
It's in a security complex which may be reasonably new so the place itself should be okay.

It's just when she heard how it could be a bit of a bad place, she now wants the car there in case she has to come home late from whatever job she manages to find.

BTW - she's flying over, already booked in.

A grand to truck it over is probably more than she was thinking about.
But I didn't even think about train - I'll see if I can look something up now - thanks again for the guidance.
Old 23-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
Thanks folks.
She's going to be staying with her son in Medina so the choice of area is already made.
It's in a security complex which may be reasonably new so the place itself should be okay.

It's just when she heard how it could be a bit of a bad place, she now wants the car there in case she has to come home late from whatever job she manages to find.

BTW - she's flying over, already booked in.

A grand to truck it over is probably more than she was thinking about.
But I didn't even think about train - I'll see if I can look something up now - thanks again for the guidance.
Pretty sure tnt quoted me $1k to freight my 2 cars from melbourne depot to perth depot. So more than likely you'd be up for freight to sydney depot, plus then freight from sydney to perth. It's a pretty cheap way to get in there if it's only the car itself. I'm moving to perth next week. Driving my 2 cars & 2 trailers over all loaded up. it's 3690km from my place here to new place in Perth. Budgeting $2400 in fuel to run over, so makes $1k look cheap if it's car only that needs to get there.
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Duke
The Duke

Thanks Schmidty. It looks like the $1k to $1.5k is about the mark by either road or rail.

She might just buy another one over there perhaps.