Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2018, 12:53 PM   #91
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: VFACTS Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
All a bit too slow again from Ford.

Hyundai Kona etc is already out there
Yep Honda have been offering it with the Civic based CRV for 2 decades and Toyota more recently with the CHR.

The compact suv is the new small car, Mazda have gone one step further with the subcompact CX3.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #92
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and Ford offer the Ecosport with a spare on the back door... a thing of yesteryear
Ford really are missing out on the SUV market its embarrassing they are behind Holden considering what they are offering
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #93
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
and Ford offer the Ecosport with a spare on the back door... a thing of yesteryear
Ford really are missing out on the SUV market its embarrassing they are behind Holden considering what they are offering
Yes but the Fiesta based Ecosport should have stayed true to the Fiesta styling as Mazda did with CX3, crossover more than suv.
When my Daughter bought her Fiesta i showed her an ecosport, not that an ecosport was in her price range but from a curiosity point of view and she was like, why do i want a wagon thing, i said its basically a Fiesta with long springs and a bigger boot, she said no thanks, i want a little hatch.
Old 13-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #94
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
All a bit too slow again from Ford.

Hyundai Kona etc is already out there
While that’s true, it’s never too late to start doing the right things
with products that buyers want. Sure Active mightn’t be perfect
But sit it just under new Escape and Ford’s sales could lift significantly.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #95
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
The Ecosport is an embarrassment, although they have ditched the spare on the backdoor now.

Having the thing developed in Brazil was a dumb idea. They know how to make cheap ****boxes to suit their 3rd world market, but trying to flog the thing off into first world markets was a silly move in hindsight. Initially it made sense, but then the small SUV market exploded and competitors bought out new models that were meant for first world markets, and it left the Ecosport miles behind.

If it was developed here or in Europe it would be so much better. Let's hope they move the next gen model away from Brazil before they ruin it again. They focused way too much on making it for the indian and south american markets that it moved way too far that way, when it should have been moved the other way towards higher profit markets to compete with the CX3 etc.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #96
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know that Holden are the touchstone on SUVs. They just introduced the Arcadia to compete with the Trailblazer.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #97
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
I don't know that Holden are the touchstone on SUVs. They just introduced the Arcadia to compete with the Trailblazer.
I don't know you mean by "touchstone", but the Trailblazer is not a direct competitor with the Acadia. The Trailblazer's engine is inline & the car is built on a commercial platform (Colorado). It's like a Everest or a Fortuner.

The Acadia is an east-west engine platform. It was designed as a passenger/crossover SUV & is a direct competitor to the Toyota Kluger.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #98
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get your point Doc, The Acadia is a big softy - but I s'pose I am saying that it will more likely take trailblazer sales (captiva also), than increase Holden sales significantly. The trailblazer is smaller but, as you say, more offroadable. It is also bigger than Captiva, but soft the same as captiva. Toyato can afford the distinction blur of RAV4 Kluger Fortuner Prado - I am not certain it is wise from Holden's perspective.
Holden have only between 1/4 and 1/3 the sales that toyota has

Just my opinion
Old 13-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #99
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

That's why I'd like to see the new RWD Explorer here with either its 3.3 V6 hybrid or the 3.0 V6 Powerstroke.
The hybrid would give V6 petrol acceleration but with much better stop-go fuel economy than Acadia and Kluger.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #100
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a look over of an Acadia last week and my lasting impression was it looks old before it's even started.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #101
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yes but the Fiesta based Ecosport should have stayed true to the Fiesta styling as Mazda did with CX3, crossover more than suv.
When my Daughter bought her Fiesta i showed her an ecosport, not that an ecosport was in her price range but from a curiosity point of view and she was like, why do i want a wagon thing, i said its basically a Fiesta with long springs and a bigger boot, she said no thanks, i want a little hatch.
The Ecosport is actually second generation of a design developed in South America,
it was originally delivered as a diesel 4WD, hence the spare had to mount on the tailgate
since the rear axle occupies the room between the rear wheels.

What you're seeking actually exists now as the Fiesta Active...
You know the stuff customers want but Ford couldn't be f'ed bringing...

Old 14-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #102
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The Ecosport is actually second generation of a design developed in South America,
it was originally delivered as a diesel 4WD, hence the spare had to mount on the tailgate
since the rear axle occupies the room between the rear wheels.

What you're seeking actually exists now as the Fiesta Active...
You know the stuff customers want but Ford couldn't be f'ed bringing...

Is it just me or is there something very SX Territory about that early Ecosport, like a miniature prototype, the grill, fog lights, rear side glass.

That Fiesta is exactly what could have made the difference, why on earth wouldn't they bring it.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2018, 09:13 AM   #103
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Heard this morning on the radio that Ford is offering 5 years free servicing on Ranger, surprised me considering the new model has arrived or is the 'certain model' clause in the advertising referring to runout stock of previous models.
Old 14-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #104
stig_3754

Quote:
Heard this morning on the radio that Ford is offering 5 years free servicing on Ranger, surprised me considering the new model has arrived or is the 'certain model' clause in the advertising referring to runout stock of previous models.
I've seen an ad on Facebook about this too but it was for the Escape.

Past Rides:
1997 EL Ford Fairmont 4A - Navy Blue
2006 BK Mazda 3 SP23 5A - Carbon Grey
2010 LV Ford Focus XR5 Turbo 6M - Frozen White
2013 LW Ford Focus ST 6M - Panther Black
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #105
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Is it just me or is there something very SX Territory about that early Ecosport, like a miniature prototype, the grill, fog lights, rear side glass.
Not really ... Looks like a really squashed Escape though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #106
prydey
Rob

Quote:
this is the 'fine print' off the ford website

Quote:
~ Offer available on Escape and Everest and Ranger XLS, XLT & Wildtrak, models ordered between 1/11/18 and 31/12/18 and delivered before 03/01/19. Private and Blue, Silver and Gold Business Fleet customers only. Redeemable at participating dealers only. This offer includes your standard scheduled servicing requirements, being A and B logbook services and Additional Scheduled Maintenance Items (unless only required for vehicles operated under severe/unusual conditions) as listed in your Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide, for 5 years or 75,000kms, whichever occurs first. Customers must comply with the recommended scheduled servicing intervals. Any other service or maintenance work required is not included and your dealer will discuss these with you prior to proceeding with the work.
Old 14-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #107
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
this is the 'fine print' off the ford website
So they're offering incentives to move the new model Ranger as well as the Escape and Everest.
Old 14-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #108
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Free regular services 5 years or 75,000kms, whichever occurs first and 2.9% comparison rate.

Think about it, first service at 1,000 km is always free and then every 15,000 km, so five services..
I'd be surprised if there was more than $2K in it.....

For comparison, LS Colorado crew cab ute with 4x4 diesel manual, $5K discount....
(Colorado is a lot newer product cycle than T6 Ranger.)

Last edited by jpd80; 14-11-2018 at 08:25 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #109
prydey
Rob

Quote:
So they're offering incentives to move the new model Ranger as well as the Escape and Everest.
Given its such a narrow window (1 month), and short delivery time (so probably no custom orders), I'd say it's just clearing out some of the less popular 'stock' vehicles.
Old 14-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #110
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I genuinely believe Ford needs to drop the word ‘eco’ from anywhere in its branding. To me, the word eco just means boring.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #111
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Free regular services 5 years or 75,000kms, whichever occurs first and 2.9% comparison rate.

Think about it, first service at 1,000 km is always free and then every 15,000 km, so five services..
I'd be surprised if there was more than $2K in it.....

For comparison, LS Colorado crew cab ute with 4x4 diesel manual, $5K discount....
(Colorado is a lot newer product cycle than T6 Ranger.)
You can work it out on the ford website, 5 sevices with the mandatory brake fluid change at 24 and 48mths on a 4x4 Ranger supercab came to $2600.

https://www.ford.com.au/owners/service/calculator/

15k-$400
30k-$655(inc. fluid)
45k-$505
60k-$655(inc. fluid)
75k-$400

$2615

Wasnt the reasons given for the recent fall in Ranger sales over the last 6 months due to the new model coming out.

Last edited by BENT_8; 14-11-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 14-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #112
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Given its such a narrow window (1 month), and short delivery time (so probably no custom orders), I'd say it's just clearing out some of the less popular 'stock' vehicles.
2 months i believe, started 1/11 ends 31/12.

~ Offer available on Escape and Everest and Ranger XLS, XLT & Wildtrak, models ordered between 1/11/18 and 31/12/18 and delivered before 03/01/19. Private and Blue, Silver and Gold Business Fleet customers only. Redeemable at participating dealers only. This offer includes your standard scheduled servicing requirements, being A and B logbook services and Additional Scheduled Maintenance Items (unless only required for vehicles operated under severe/unusual conditions) as listed in your Customer Assistance, Warranty and Service Guide, for 5 years or 75,000kms, whichever occurs first. Customers must comply with the recommended scheduled servicing intervals. Any other service or maintenance work required is not included and your dealer will discuss these with you prior to proceeding with the work.

Last edited by BENT_8; 14-11-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 14-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #113
prydey
Rob

Quote:
2 months i believe, started 1/11 ends 31/12.

My bad. The point remains. These are floor stock vehicles given they have to be delivered by 3/1/19.
Old 14-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #114
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wasnt the reasons given for the recent fall in Ranger sales over the last 6 months due to the new model coming out.
Yes, even though year to date sales are slightly higher than 2017

Also, Ranger sales

Month......2018.......2017
Oct..........3,511......3,074..........New PX3
Sept........3,228.......4,318..........Run out to PX3
Aug.........3,515.......3,588
Jul...........2,950.......3,076
Jun..........4,768.......5,051
May.........3,674.......4,069
Quote:
You can work it out on the ford website, 5 sevices with the mandatory brake fluid change at 24 and 48mths on a 4x4 Ranger supercab came to $2600.

https://www.ford.com.au/owners/service/calculator/

15k-$400
30k-$655(inc. fluid)
45k-$505
60k-$655(inc. fluid)
75k-$400

$2615
Thanks for Figures.

Keep in mind that $2600 give away on free servicing on new Rangers
comes with a much higher sales prices than most competitor save for maybe Hlux.

I suspect that Ford's free servicing offer is much less of a discount that you can get at say,
Holden where the Colorado already costs less even before these great discounts.. ($4,000)

Just for giggles, servicing on Colorado 2.8 4x4 Ute
15k-$299
30k-$399
45k-$479
60k-$479
75k-$299

$1955

Last edited by jpd80; 14-11-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 14-11-2018, 11:12 PM   #115
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Thanks for Figures.

Keep in mind that $2600 give away on free servicing on new Rangers
comes with a much higher sales prices than most competitor save for maybe Hlux.

I suspect that Ford's free servicing offer is much less of a discount that you can get at say,
Holden where the Colorado already costs less even before these great discounts.. ($4,000)

Just for giggles, servicing on Colorado 2.8 4x4 Ute
15k-$299
30k-$399
45k-$479
60k-$479
75k-$299

$1955
All true, but i wouldnt be comparing Ranger to Colorado, over at Toyota, however, where No1 ranked Hilux resides, its crickets unless you're after a Cab Chassis where you get a free tray...
Old 15-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #116
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
All true, but i wouldnt be comparing Ranger to Colorado, over at Toyota, however, where No1 ranked Hilux resides, its crickets unless you're after a Cab Chassis where you get a free tray...
Of course, Ranger - Hilux pricing is reasonably close save for the obvious advantage
you mentioned the $23,990 drive away Tradie 4x2 with free narrow tray,
Toyota will probably respond with one on one deals with customers.
Old 15-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #117
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Toyota will probably respond with one on one deals with customers.
Why, then u only get walk ins knowing about it and if its a smart way of going about it, why isnt Ford doung the same.
Old 15-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #118
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By that I meant Toyota leaving deals up to dealerships, no need for national
push on sales at the moment. looks like they see cheap tradie ute as enough.
Old 15-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #119
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
By that I meant Toyota leaving deals up to dealerships, no need for national
push on sales at the moment. looks like they see cheap tradie ute as enough.
Or, there might just be no 'deals' needed..
Old 16-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #120
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Or, there might just be no 'deals' needed..

For a good number of years people will pay more for a Toyota and get less.

"Reliability reputation built in" is the only "deal".

I wonder if there is any current quantifiable ($) evidence that toyota is more reliable.