Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default The new new Top Gear

No , that's not a typo, I watched the latest incarnation on Top gear the other night and they've binned the presenters again and only Chris Harris has survived. Now they have Freddy Flintoff and some bloke I've never heard of along with Chris Harris, who seems to be the only car guy with any real experience in the motoring industry.

I thought Rory Reid was doing ok and Matt LeBlanc was coming good after weathering the storm of being a yank on a pom show.

If they continue to try to copy the "road trip" format that Clarkson,May and Hammond have reverted to, I think they'll lose what little cred they have left.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: The new new Top Gear

It's not what it used to be.

I think Chris Harris is the only thing that's kept it going so far .... have always followed his reviews when he was out on his own on youtube.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Matt LeBlanc quit, he wasn't binned, don't know about Rory though........

https://www.motor1.com/news/355000/m...-chris-harris/

Quote:
"The time commitment and extensive travel required to present Top Gear takes me away from my family and friends more than I’m comfortable with," LeBlanc said in a statement at the time. "It’s unfortunate, but for these reasons, I will not be continuing my involvement with the show. I will forever be a Top Gear fan and I wish the team continued success. Thanks for a great drive."

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chris Harris was quite wooden when he first appeared, but he can now carry the show IMO. Which means the other hosts didn't need to be comedians or stars, they could have gotten hosts that had some motoring cred. And in any case, the resident comedian wasn't even funny, let alone understandable most of the time.

One thing I do find funny and a bit hypocritical. The old gang got the heave ho for being un-PC, non-inclusive, etc. And this new series will have some road-trips that pass some social commentary (they'll be doing a rainbow-themed road-trip to Dubai or some such to protest their gay-stoning laws). SO why did they allow Flintoff to repeatedly dangle his balls all over Chris Harris's face??? That's sexual harassment isn't it?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shame about Matt, I enjoyed what I saw of him presenting. Seemed like a genuine enthusiast
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
SO why did they allow Flintoff to repeatedly dangle his balls all over Chris Harris's face??? That's sexual harassment isn't it?
Only if it's unauthorised!
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Chris Harris was quite wooden when he first appeared, but he can now carry the show IMO. Which means the other hosts didn't need to be comedians or stars, they could have gotten hosts that had some motoring cred. And in any case, the resident comedian wasn't even funny, let alone understandable most of the time.

One thing I do find funny and a bit hypocritical. The old gang got the heave ho for being un-PC, non-inclusive, etc. And this new series will have some road-trips that pass some social commentary (they'll be doing a rainbow-themed road-trip to Dubai or some such to protest their gay-stoning laws). SO why did they allow Flintoff to repeatedly dangle his balls all over Chris Harris's face??? That's sexual harassment isn't it?
Only women can be sexually harassed though right?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: