Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Question re phone browsing.

Up until about a month ago, I've been able to start at the top of the forums page and check out my usual haunts on the way down... B series, AU to BF, Territorys etc without any worries, but now I find that after scrolling down to the next forum thread that I want to read, the phone now takes me back up to the top of the page so I have to scroll back down past the previously read threads to get to the next ones...and at my age, I need all the time I can get
The phone is a fairly newish Huawei sumthin' or other, just wondering if there's been any changes to surfing the forums via mobiles?
I've cleared my browsing history today too, a major achievement I might add, but didn't make any difference

Linz's 2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute

2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS

Last edited by PG2; 05-04-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default Re: Question re phone browsing.

Anyone else heard of this?

Old 10-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Hey Linz,

I just got a friend to try to access fordforums.com.au on his Huawei P9 phone, and he uses a browser called Google Chrome, but he has no issues accessing different threads and does not experience the auto scrolling up to the top.

Perhaps you suffer from the fat finger syndrome and pressing another button you're not aware of?
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Hey Linz,

I have a Huawei P8 lite that I occasionally use to browse the forums when I'm out and about and need to kill a few spare moments.

I too use google chrome, and do not suffer the scrolling issue you are referring to. So I don't think it is the phone per se, rather I think it may have something to do with some settings. Not that I know where to look for these settings.

Sorry I couldn't help you any more than that.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #5
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Perhaps you suffer from the fat finger syndrome and pressing another button you're not aware of?
Nah, just tried using my pinky to test the FFS () but it's still the same Choc...might have to swap to Google Chrome then and give that a shot

Old 11-04-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Hey Linz,

I have a Huawei P8 lite that I occasionally use to browse the forums when I'm out and about and need to kill a few spare moments.

I too use google chrome, and do not suffer the scrolling issue you are referring to. So I don't think it is the phone per se, rather I think it may have something to do with some settings. Not that I know where to look for these settings.

Sorry I couldn't help you any more than that.
Thanks mate, strange that I've been using the same system in Ford forum searching since getting this new phone last year, and it's just changed to scrolling back up the page in the last month
I asked at Optus and they reckon that the forum has changed settings somehow and that it wouldn't be the phone itself...must've worked at Ford Service in their previous life

Last edited by Linz; 11-04-2018 at 12:32 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
Up until about a month ago, I've been able to start at the top of the forums page and check out my usual haunts on the way down... B series, AU to BF, Territorys etc without any worries, but now I find that after scrolling down to the next forum thread that I want to read, the phone now takes me back up to the top of the page so I have to scroll back down past the previously read threads to get to the next ones...and at my age, I need all the time I can get
The phone is a fairly newish Huawei sumthin' or other, just wondering if there's been any changes to surfing the forums via mobiles?
I've cleared my browsing history today too, a major achievement I might add, but didn't make any difference
my Samsung does a similar thing, as if the page refreshes and back to the top you go..
it does this every 30 seconds or so, its a setting problem with the phone..
Samsung browser does it but chrome doesn't..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #8
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

All sorted...message came up on the phone to do an update, so pressed the update do-hickey and all fixed
Cheers for the replies guys.

Old 23-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
All sorted...message came up on the phone to do an update, so pressed the update do-hickey and all fixed
Cheers for the replies guys.
What are you doing with a phone? I thought you didn't like those extra long cords........

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #10
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
What are you doing with a phone? I thought you didn't like those extra long cords........
That's why we haven't been to check out the new digs, couldn't find one long enough in case we got lost
Just heard about this new type that's about the size of a brick, and guess what...no cord!