Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #31
NZ
~~~

Also All Ghia's LSD is standard, has been since EA1 Have we forgotten about the 2.77LSD now lol? EB2 Ghia's DO have body coloured side moulds standard and V8's have LSD standard model regardless.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #32
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Karl, while it's listed as standard, I've seen countless EB, ED and EF Ghias without LSD. And you're right with the side mouldings, I was getting them confused with door handles, which came colour coded on ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB MkII
Did the fairmont get the variable dash light dimming? I know the pov packs have either dim or bright.
Yes.

Quote:
Did the fairmonts have the cabin lights turn on when you pulled the handle up when the car was locked?
Yes.

Quote:
I think that in EBII Fairmonts and Ghia's were so close in spec that you wouldnt really need to worry about which one you got (unless you really wanted an LSD and ABS)
Which you could just option on a Fairmont anyway :P
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #33
spope
Banned

I like this thread.
If you wanna talk electronics, the EB2 fairmont essentially got all the EA Ghia electrics (minus lcd cluster) and definately cruise was optional. I remember Dad had to ask for it when he ordered his first Fairmont.
I am pretty sure the Fairmont got a power antenna too.
In terms of the used car market, absolutely spend the extra cash to get a Fairmont.
I've spent basically the last 12 months installing various EA Ghia electrics into my car, and if you can get a car that already has them, do it!
And $11k price hike to a Ghia? That's insane... probably a good reason there are far less EB2 and ED ghias than there are EAs... or so it seems to me.
spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #34
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB MkII
Did the fairmont get the variable dash light dimming? I know the pov packs have either dim or bright. Did the fairmonts have the cabin lights turn on when you pulled the handle up when the car was locked?
The EB1 Fairmonts did, atleast mine has.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #35
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

ED futura= crusie, boot relisease black paint and for sale pm me
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #36
John_LS1

The Ghia also got auto fade interior lights too when you shut the door, dont think the fairmonts got this. and about the LSD, all Ghia's got it its just that half of them dont function as a proper LSD anymore like mine... either that or they've just been replaced with a S/S.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 11:45 PM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Fairmonts got the variable dash lights as std and the fade out interior lights as std.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post