Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-10-2018, 09:39 PM   #1
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!
Default My new MY18.75 Titanium

So I traded my 3 yr old MY15 Titanium wags for a new Titanium wags.

I was made aware of these changes to the MY18 update being:
  • 19” wheels
  • Deleted headrest adjustment
  • Sync 3
  • Additional digital speedo functions

What I didn’t know was that I bought an MY18.75 which has new rear lights and ornament bar, new key, change in menu’s on the ‘driver assist’, updates to Apple Play, and deleted auto-down rear view mirror function.

I love the new look, key is crap, but the deletion of auto-down rear view mirror sh@ts me. I loved that function. Grrr, seriously Ford - WTF??!

Anyway, lovin the new car - with the 19’s and the adaptive suspension set to sport it really handles well, much better than my old one on 18’s.

Looking forward to another couple of years of Mondeo ownership. Such an under-rated family car.
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2018, 01:35 AM   #2
Mondaveo

Default Re: My new MY18.75 Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCoupedUp View Post
auto-down rear view mirror function
Is this the auto-dipping of one or other wing mirror when reverse great is selected? How did you come to find it's deleted?

That feature was absent on MC Titaniums, despite being described in the owner's manual; apparently because we didn't get memory seats, and the function is tied up with the absent seat control module.

Certainly seems a strange regression if they had it in the MD and then removed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Yeah, that’s it.

My MY15 MD Titanium had it and I loved it.

The new one doesn’t have it even though the book explains it’s use. There’s an asterisk at the bottom of the paragraph though that says “if fitted”.
Old 27-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure if it applies with Ford’s (I’ve never owned a Ford with memory seats) but on a Mercedes-Benz, you can deselect the dipping on the side mirror when going into reverse. By tapping on either the left or right wing mirror adjustment button in a Merc, it turns the system on or off. Could it possibly be the same in the Mondeo?
Old 27-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #5
Mondaveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton View Post
By tapping on either the left or right wing mirror adjustment button in a Merc, it turns the system on or off. Could it possibly be the same in the Mondeo?
According to the manual, in the MC, the auto-dipping mirror (where fitted) is controlled by the position of the power mirror adjustment switch when reverse gear is selected.
Switch in left position = left mirror dips
Switch in right position = right mirror dips
Switch in centre position = auto-dipping disabled

Regardless of how it's implemented in the MD, since AllCoupedUp has cited the description in the manual I'm sure s/he knows and has followed those directions that should make it work if it were fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #6
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

I’ll be damned, started working this weekend!!

Have no idea why, but I’m a happy duck.

Lovin car - i had white one last time & got a black one this time. With the chrome & lights on the boot, I’m liking it a lot.
This user likes this post: