Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 16-10-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
misstx3

Arrow Tx3 Turbo.. Can Any1 Help A Gal Out?

Hey all, I have just recently bought a 92 kh2 4wd tx3 turbo. I have had a few probs..If anyone could lend there expertise?? :
Q1- When my car reaches a certain rev it beeps and cuts out.. Are these cars installed with some kind of rev limiter??
Q2- Just the past day it feels as though when my car is hitting boost that there is no power.. Does anyone know why this would be happening?? :

Last edited by misstx3; 16-10-2006 at 02:14 AM.
misstx3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
AUIIForte

At what rev count does it beep and cut out at? And for your second questions, make sure that theres still a turbo in the car, maybe the previous owner took it out?
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The piping may be heat soaked causing the lack of power on boost. This used to happen to me on hot days after sitting in traffic for a while.

Im not sure on your other problem though.
Old 16-10-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

sounds like your hitting the boost cut itll hit in the higher gears sooner as the car comes onto load. Do you have a boost gauge? if you do you mighrt find your up around the 14psi mark at full load. check all your wastegate plumbing. as for the lack of power it could be anything from boost fluctuations to flat tyres. What are you using to control boost?? and what mods does the car have?
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #5
VippiN
What a performer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstx3
Hey all, I have just recently bought a 92 kh2 4wd tx3 turbo. I have had a few probs..If anyone could lend there expertise?? :
Q1- When my car reaches a certain rev it beeps and cuts out.. Are these cars installed with some kind of rev limiter??
Q2- Just the past day it feels as though when my car is hitting boost that there is no power.. Does anyone know why this would be happening?? :
Q1 - You're hitting fuel cut. Your boost is up too much and the ECU is saying no thanks.

Q2- Could be a million different things.. Don't know where to start with limited information provided.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
misstx3

I haven't really taken much notice at exactly how many revs it cuts out at.. I think it may be just over 3 but i will check that out.. It does only happen in 4th and 5th gears. I do have a boost gauge but Seeing as I have only had the car a few weeks I have been taking it easy until i get it a good service, proper oil etc.. and also the cut off thing freaks me out a little cause i was unsure of what it did exactly that I have been taking it easy. The hardest I have driven it so far (not full potential) hit bout 11psi. No mods really.. Only a blow off vaulve. Everything else is pretty much stock. I don't know very much about the tx3 turbo.. maybe should have done my homework a little better ;-) I am used to my old vl turbo..
Old 16-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
misstx3

I think i'd realise the turbo missing!!
Old 16-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
misstx3

Not exactly sure whats going on with the cut off thing? If it beeps twice the boost light will start flashing. As for the lack of power?? It just feels as though the car is revving out but not going anywhere? It has just started happening the past day or so. As well as I will be driving and as I slow down or change gear the car will just turn off and the ignition lights will come up? So many problems already... Why do i bother?? lol
Old 16-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #9
9lives

i would have kept the vl but hey thats me...

maybe the stock computer is hitting the boost cut off and thats why your loosing power as boost comes on.
:
Old 16-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
9lives

oh and if its just turning off check all your plumbing hose clamps etc sounds like your loosing vacuum via a loose intake pipe similar causing it to stall
Old 16-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstx3
As for the lack of power?? It just feels as though the car is revving out but not going anywhere? It has just started happening the past day or so.
Sounds like a slipping clutch..
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #12
misstx3

I know.. Wanted something smaller though.. ;-)
Old 26-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
It'sTheVibe

misstx3

Any luck with resolving these problems????
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #14
TheKeTx3
Tx32be

I agree with Vippin i reckon you are hitting the fuel cut off .
TheKeTx3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
sintx3
But why the rum

Dont hate the car yet when u get it running properly you will love it its just allot of people that own these cars are cheap ***** and do dodgy things to get more power out of them not thinking of the concequences.
But ur first problem definatly seems like fuel cut try disconnecting the boost controller u have either bleed valve or electronic get a joiner piece to put the normal hoses back together and see how u go on stock boost they have 8psi stock cos if the cars running too much boost without a decent intercooler u could be getting allot of heat soak making it feel powerless.
Old 30-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #16
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Q2- sounds like it could be an obvious solution but i had the exact problem on my brothers tx3 which is my old car, turned out just to be the ignition leads.... give that a try
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post