Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #31
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: "Brain-dead" drivers, the stupidity...it hurts!

Saw a doozy on the way home tonight. Had a car decide in the last 50m or so of an 80km/h dual lane road before the merge into single lane that he was going to pass me and the two cars in front of me. Naturally, it was a squeeze for the car in front, but he let him in. Catch up with this person in the next town at a set of lights, only to see that he has a full size German Shepherd standing with its back legs on the back seat and its front legs on the storage lid between the two front seats. Both driver and passenger are patting the dog with the dog licking the driver.

And the car was a Falcon, too

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #32
LTDHO
The one and only

Respect has long since been forgotten and it is never your fault!

Cars are getting smarter and drivers dumber.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #33
Ensis
Starter Motor

I had someone in a banged up magna (dont think a single panel was straight) try to change lanes into me as we were side by side last night. They obviously just didnt look.
Some how I got my nose safely out of the way and thankfully the person behind me was paying attention and didn't rear end me.
Old 21-07-2016, 09:50 AM   #34
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

One I'll never forget is when I had some old dear in a red Mitsubishi 380 try to occupy the same lane as my Challenger when we were traveling at 110km/h on the highway. If there hadn't been a wide shoulder and if I hadn't had a loud horn, things would have gotten hairy.

Maybe checking mirrors/blind spots isn't necessary once you pass the age of 70.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #35
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076 View Post
Sad thing (I presume) they were not speeding, so according to the law, they are a safe driver - but look out if you go 3 k's over.

This is what I find frustrating, a girl did something similar on the Monash this morning kept slowing up, til she was travelling at 50k's in the right hand lane, before diving to the left and turning off. We have plenty of campaigns against speed, but nothing on road etiquette
The powers that be are not that bright and the other thing is there is no money in it for them to do with road etiquette.

Speed kills every K over is a killer sure but there is much more to it all.

If they could not get any revenue from the road rules, what would or could they do to get a safety message across.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #36
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I went and dug up this video I filmed last year while out walking the dogs. I am sure my phone in his face made things worse for him but I couldn't believe he was actually gonna do it!

https://youtu.be/9N-OaoJkVFA

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #37
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
One I'll never forget is when I had some old dear in a red Mitsubishi 380 try to occupy the same lane as my Challenger when we were traveling at 110km/h on the highway. If there hadn't been a wide shoulder and if I hadn't had a loud horn, things would have gotten hairy.

Maybe checking mirrors/blind spots isn't necessary once you pass the age of 70.
its not an age thing mate, although sometimes it is ,
a young woman with a car load of kids tried to pass my mate in his KW travelling in the very same direction who was cruising along in the left lane just enjoying his uneventful day out with my young brother who was accompanying him sometime back ,
it was a four lane road perfect day light conditions , no other traffic and a nice wide road , just doing the speed limit .
the woman decided to move into the left lane ...... unfortunately , she still had from the rear window back still not passed the front of the truck.
the car took a fast left turn and slid along the front of the bull bar and speared into a pole and spun and speared into the left hand diesel tank on the kw .
when my mate pulled up he feared the worst , but all occupants of the car got out with cuts and bruises from the flying glass from broken windows in the car being broken flying around .
People/drivers are just out there in their own little world .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 06:57 PM   #38
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This arvo
4 lanes, 1 left turn, 2 straight, 1 right turn
Old mate in front in the rh straight thru slams on the brakes and stops for the red arrow
"Next to the car in the rh turn lane waiting......
What the *^*^ are some people thinking.
Lucky when towing i leave a bit extra room

Passed him on the left a klm later and yelled SPECSAVERS out the window at him
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #39
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This does seem to be a far greater problem in Australia than other developed countries.

It is interesting to note that the Europeans walk like they drive. They keep right, and move quickly. If they must stop they move to an area out of the way. In Australia we also walk like we drive. Lazy, slow, and wandering. Stopping in groups oblivious to anybody actually trying to move past.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #40
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My fave is youre in 2 lanes of traffic moving at the speed limit and you hear emergency sirens behind you, dopey in the right hand lane sees fit to slam on the brakes and stop dead. Newsflash, the ambos/fireys cant get thru if the traffic stops!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 22-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #41
LTDHO
The one and only

Thumbs down Re: "Brain-dead" drivers, the stupidity...it hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
It is interesting to note that the Europeans walk like they drive. They keep right, and move quickly. If they must stop they move to an area out of the way. In Australia we also walk like we drive. Lazy, slow, and wandering. Stopping in groups oblivious to anybody actually trying to move past.
I have to agree.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #42
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did 600 KM yesterday and one moron I come across that takes the cake for moron of the year, I was toddling on the main road 100km/h cruse control on when I see this car on my left far off come to the T section, then ok it's taking off and turning left going my direction, then the clown hits the brakes why !!
Now I could do the same thing as this idiot did, but if I did, I would get up to 100km/h fast and it would not be a problem and I would only do as such if I was in a hurry, but a clown like this what's going on in his head.

What is it with people who try deliberately to go out of there way to annoy others on the road, maybe he was one of them twats with his new in car camera trying to get some deal to make his day.
Or is just one of them modern day Political Correct morons who thinks he is some sort of cornflakes justice cop living in some sort of daze.

What I have seen of some of them in car cameras, is that they could have attributed to the problems, one dude I remember on TV was side swiped but took no evasion action at all, the moron did not swerve or most likely even brake, from what I seen, then the twat is on TV claiming to be a hero and the bloke is a just stupid dumb twat.
I have been cut off before many a time, but I take evasive action every time or if I did not do as such, it could maybe 100 bingles would of happened over all the years.

Volvo drivers have you ever talked to one of them, what morons some of them are, off with the pixies and bloody shocking drivers, that believe a lot of BS.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post