Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #31
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: " We will never abandon those who make Australia's cars "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford do take quality seriously, the point I laughed at is that you said added quality control for no extra cost. Everything costs money, and the costs must be passed onto the consumer.

You can't have it both ways.
That's fair enough.
I should have elaborated in what I meant by quality.
My expectation is Ford concentrate on screwing the cars better together at no extra cost.
What I do expect to cost more is adding such nice touches like the ZF 6pd (best decision they ever made), the option of a better sports braking package, etc.
Old 31-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #32
.FoMoCo.

Quote:
Well Ford do not make a taxi pack anymore. So if they're bought brand spankers it is up to the license owner.
Fair enough. I didn't know that.
Irregardless, if falcons are the utter turkeys they are painted to be, surely it would be false economy to use them at all? Parts availability etc won't help if your taxi fleet is all broken down on the side of the road.

Last edited by .FoMoCo.; 31-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.
.FoMoCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
That's fair enough.
I should have elaborated in what I meant by quality.
My expectation is Ford concentrate on screwing the cars better together at no extra cost.
What I do expect to cost more is adding such nice touches like the ZF 6pd (best decision they ever made), the option of a better sports braking package, etc.
As I have mentioned on here quite a few times, the FG is much higher quality than previous models, the Things Gone Wrong (TGW's) every 1000 vehicles was significantly lower for FG than BF.

Better even than VE and Aurion in fact. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Sure they're not perfect, no car is, but with the budget Ford have it can't ever be as good as say Lexus. If it was a global model with a global budget you would probably see some of the known problems disappear pretty quickly. But Ford just do not have the cash to fix the things they should.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #34
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As I have mentioned on here quite a few times, the FG is much higher quality than previous models, the Things Gone Wrong (TGW's) every 1000 vehicles was significantly lower for FG than BF.

Better even than VE and Aurion in fact. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
And here lies the problem.. People keep saying improve build quality, improve build quality.. Ford already did that with the FG, yet even hard core Ford fans still don’t get it!! So what hope do non Ford fans have of being told this?

FG is the first Falcon I've ever owned & I think the build quality is fantastic & I can't find one fault!! I'm not sure how other Falcons where built, but FG is great!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #35
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
And here lies the problem.. People keep saying improve build quality, improve build quality.. Ford already did that with the FG, yet even hard core Ford fans still don’t get it!! So what hope do non Ford fans have of being told this?

FG is the first Falcon I've ever owned & I think the build quality is fantastic & I can't find one fault!! I'm not sure how other Falcons where built, but FG is great!!

Exactly, the FG is one of the better built cars I have come across. I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion but I am sick of seeing people say Ford should improve quality because I know the FG is a VERY well built car (yes I understand the hypocrisy of me criticising opinions when I am giving my own)
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

As long as they keep manufacturing in Australia that's all that counts. It means that Aussies have a job and all the local suppliers who make the other parts stay in business as well. It's a shame Ford don't make a smaller car here alongside the Falcon. I miss the old days of Homebush and the Laser. It's sad that they closed that factory down and that it didn't stay open long enough to become a local manufacturing base for the Fiesta or Focus. But as no one ever wants to export from Australia it would never have worked anyway. We always get left behind and barely look after ourselves.

If the Federal Gov't want to keep local manufacturing going, they need to start putting the taxpayer's money where their mouth is and make sure all Gov't fleets are filled with Australian built cars first (whether it be Ford, Holden or Toyota) before any foreign built vehicles are purchased.
Other countries do this, why can't we.?

That is all.
BFZ Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #37
1TUFFUTE
Banned

so if ford sells less cars then all the other locals here in aus then why arent al the others building the best cars????

The FG falcon has already been named the best and safest 2nd hand car you can buy in aus.......BUT SOME PEOPLE STILL WILL WHINGE
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #38
dkpioe

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
Quality Control
GM

pick one.
idiot
dkpioe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #39
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
...Things Gone Wrong (TGW's) every 1000 vehicles was significantly lower for FG than BF.

Better even than VE and Aurion in fact. But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story....
I am not questioning you, but is there a quotable source for this info ? - sounds like something I would like to bookmark !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #40
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
I am not questioning you, but is there a quotable source for this info ? - sounds like something I would like to bookmark !
It is internal information, if he tells you he will have to kill you.......
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #41
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
It is internal information, if he tells you he will have to kill you.......
I can wear that !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
The car makers exchange internal stats on TGW incidents, and the FG is at the bottom (or is it top?) of the list. At least it used to be, I don't know the current state of it.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I can wear that !
Where do you want the bullet, head or heart+
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post