Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "Carsguide" FG XR6 vs. VE2 SV6 comparison.

The biggest problem you have out there is the mines themselves.

If I had a business in Emerald I would close it too. How do you employ tradesman mechanics etc. and not pay them stupid amounts of money like they can get in the mines?

Oh well I suppose you could charge a bit more for the cars rather than cut the guts out of them or maybe charge a bit more for service than the cities.

Of course then you would have miners who earn heaps of money complaining that everything is too dear and they can get it cheaper elsewhere.

You reap what you sow.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #32
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Good point.
Savage world isn't it.
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo
Good point.
Savage world isn't it.
Absolutely.

A point to ponder.

You guys do realise that if the mines could legally employ the MILLIONS of people from Europe, Asia and Africa who would do exactly what you do for $100 plus food a week you would all be out of there in about 30 seconds.

We are so lucky Australia is an island and we are not part of an "Oceanic Union"......yet......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #34
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Absolutely.

A point to ponder.

You guys do realise that if the mines could legally employ the MILLIONS of people from Europe, Asia and Africa who would do exactly what you do for $100 plus food a week you would all be out of there in about 30 seconds.

We are so lucky Australia is an island and we are not part of an "Oceanic Union"......yet......
Reminds me of that part in the Grapes of Wrath (great book if not read yet) where all the paupers are in the orchard picking peaches, and the owner of the orchard drops the pay to 5 cents a day. Everyone complains they were getting 20 cents a day up until the day before and he tells them that they can leave if they want because there are plenty of desperate people out there who would work for one cent a day. They take the pay cut and shut up.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #35
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

I think we have gone way off topic here.
Could we at least agree that there is some merit to RRP?
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
It's Sunday, Oct 9th 2011.. the FGI sits in the Ford Showroom, and the VEII sits in the Holden showroom. They are in direct competition with each other from a buyers point of view.

It's completely acceptable to compare these two vehicles. It's that easy.
You are right mate, but if they couldn't wait to do a comparo of the series 2 of both model, at least some sort of mention that FG2 is coming out with the touch screen ICC and curtian airbags would have been nice...
FG_Frodza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Absolutely.

A point to ponder.

That's one of the reasons why I left Gladstone, sold the house for a ridiculous amount and moved to Brisbane.
People in Gladstone are being pushed out of rental accommodation by high prices before work starts on the four LNG plants.
The influx of workers is estimated to be between 6,000 and 8,000 with their families so all of those people will eventually
displace a large number of Gladstone locals but when the projects are over those newbys will move on and desert the town..
I was given a transfer to brisbane on same salary but the people replacing me and three other collegues are all 457As.

Our government likes to extoll mining boom and all the wealth that goes with it but frankly, that wealth isn't
spread amongst communities like it should be, minimg and construction companies are getting away without
and responsibility to build up infrastructure in these towns, it's all about the dollars they pay a few select workers....
The rest of Australia is doing it a bit tough atm and our government is looking the other way with fuel and
increased utility costs, government fees and charges like rates and CO2 taxes...

I had some guy pulling his pud about $189/hr working on oil rigs off the north west shelf,
I said buddy it's not working there that's the problem, everytime you come home and enjoy your life,
it will get harder and harder to psyche yourself up to go back, and that's how it goes...

Last edited by jpd80; 09-10-2011 at 09:40 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #38
4stanger