Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
Faolan

Angry Classic stuff up

I shall not yet name the Ford Service Centre because thus far they have been very good with situation, which plays out as follows:
I love my 2010 MC Mondeo, it just ticked over 180k and had its necessary transmission fluid change. The car is perfect for my purpose, for the the first 12months I had it, its life consisted of a 25km one way commute where it cruised along at 100km for 90%. The last 6months it does a weekly commute to Sydney and back to Canberra and very little of anything else, I don't have to drive in Sydney traffic at all, due to where I work and the times I commute.
I choose to do all "A" services and maintenance myself, however the "B" service (transmission fluid) is beyond me, so it goes to the dealer. the car had a full service history by the dealer before I purchased it.
Dropped the car off on Monday for the 180k service. Picked it up at 4.30pm for the Sydney commute. Just after Goulburn, there was a minute flutter, which felt like a misfire, I hoped it was just that the fuel line had not been properly primed when the filter was replaced and it might be a bubble of air. By the time I reached Sutton Forest (Macca's) the problem had gotten bigger as the hills got steeper and longer. Finally just near Mittagong the dreaded 'TransmissionError" message appeared on the dash screen and about 2kms later the car rolled to a stop, about 150kms after the service.
I was forced (by default) to join the NRMA for a tow $393, which is $150 more than had I joined voluntarily.
NRMA approved repairer in Mittagong is also the local Taxi service, which runs 18 TDCI Mondeo's, so they know the cars pretty well. Turns out the seal on the external filter for the transmission was leaking pretty badly, so when the level dropped sufficiently the tranny did what it was supposed to do and ceased functioning. The Ford service agent, gave the NRMA the go ahead to replace filter and fluid and get me back on the road. Which I was able to do after spending the night in Mittagong. Completed drive to Sydney, and return to Canberra, but the car didn't feel right. Yesterday, drove to Thredbo for a ski, and when leaving the carpark, there was a thump from the tranny, error msg on the dash, and single gear to limp back into the carpark. While waiting for the NRMA, I decided to try the car again. There was a thump when I engaged reverse, but the error message didn't come up when I put it drive and the car got me back to Canberra.
This morning, the on the way to Ford, the tranny failed again and I limped into the service centre in 1st gear. I refused to turn the car off before the error msg had been seen by the Service Mgr.
Anyway, there the car sits. I have a loaner from the Service Centre so am mobile. There was no argument, they just stumped up. They have been open and very helpful to this point. Its pretty obvious there is a problem, stemming from the Ford service.
I want a new transmission, or a 60k/km guarantee on the tranny, (2yrs of my driving) to the next tranny fluid change.
Plus $150 excess for joining NRMA, food, accommodation and lost wages.
Is that unreasonable?
Faolan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: