Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default little scratch marks

hey guys, i just washed the car yesterday then this morning (sunny day) i noticed clearly and theres some odd looking reflections (kinda like a smudged wipe) and little scratches on the bonnet =/ its still new (3.7k km's) and it hasnt got paint protection, is that the problem? and how do i get rid of the little scratches?
also what products do you guys use to get that shine : on the body?

thanks again (:

xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

xurbanx,

the small scratches are what is commonly referred to as swirl marks I would suggest from your post. There are a number of products you can use to try and remove swirl marks.

The smudge marks you have described I would think might be where your car has been detailed and the wax coat has not been polished off fully.....???

Best thing to do is get your car into the garage and give it a detail yourself, check out Tim's efforts here at this link for some tips and the potential results:

http://www.eurofordclub.com/paintcare.html
Old 28-08-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah! (: btw whats a terry towel? so once the wax or polish goes on its buffer in a circular motion? is there any special towels you need? or can it just be any rag?
im new to this (:
Old 28-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

better to polish by hand, try eagle ones wet look polish, if using a buff the pad should be a foam one not cotton mop.
Old 28-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Meguiars ScratchX. Perfect for this kind of stuff.
Old 18-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #6
azza1
black zetec

mate honestly, the only way to go is farecla G4, with a white compounding foam, by machine (1300- 1600 rpm) leave a haze and follow up with grey polishing foam (increase the speed a little and maybe a light spray of H20) until residue is gone. then apply a premium wax or glaze with a MICROFIBRE polishing cloth and remove with same. You can get these products at Stork industrial equipment (Moorabbin) or Bayford parts in campbellfield. Otherwise contact Stork and they'll advise you of your nearest distributor.
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
FlaminFiesta

its one of those thing ull get swirl marks regardless lol i hand polish with a array of territowel and cotton cloths and turtle and meguiars polishes get done fully (about 4 hours of hand polishing) once a month lol

mines black and easier to see but its worth it but yeh go buy hand polish looks hot when its done right hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #8
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

you can do it by hand, and maybe be finished by christmas, or you can use the machine buff and be finished with better results in no time. farecla G4 is good stuff i use it all the time

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #9
FlaminFiesta

hey so u guys saying that you dont have small surface sratched ont he car or what lol ? thats hard ? i have them on my car but like they are surface tiny they are more predominant of the black colour i think lol those on the cruise can check it out i guess !
Old 22-09-2005, 12:46 AM   #10
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the tiny scratches cant be seen unless its up close, the light swirls are a prob lol, ive just discovered a 8 or so cm scratch on the passenger side door; you can feel the scratch if you go over it with your nail and yeah hopefully polish will fix it up
Old 22-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #11
azza1
black zetec

As a rule, if you can feel it with your fingernail it won't come out, but you should be able to make it less noticeable. What colour is your car? if you attack it with cutting compound and it's black, red, or anything dark you might give yourself a major headache (without experience). I would recommend you find a quality detailer or a good panel shop and get a cut and polish, then you just need to keep a good wax on it and it should keep looking okay. And to FlaminFiesta, my car is black and i wish i didn't have holograms on it. I worked in smash repairs for six years and now sell polishes (amongst other things) and my car looks good, but not perfect.
Old 22-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ink blue lol dark colour >_<
Old 22-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #13
azza1
black zetec

be careful then. Don't try to cut the scratch out by hand.. you"ll leave it looking worse than before.
Old 22-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #14
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i wont be doing much abt it, its pretty much a fine scratch possibley from stonechips flicked up from trucks, but yeah its pretty hard to tell from a distance only when you really look for it its there
Old 23-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #15
FlaminFiesta

aaw k after talkign to TimV im going to give it a good polish as he said than a wax no major scratches on mine just very very fine swirls hehe thansk mate !