Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-08-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
joshf2
striped

Default motor improvements

so besides the CAI and the cat back exhausts ive seen/heard about, has anyone else done anything else to the motor?

joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Not here in australia that we really know about.

Trust me, cat back and cai if done correctly can make a pretty big difference in every way, economy and power when you need it.

Next performance mod for me is custom made extractors with a HPC coating, which will set me back about 600 bucks.

There arnt many things you can do apart from ful exhaust, cai, spark plugs and leads and a new chip. Other than that things start getting pretty expensive.
Im led to believe that you can get a new intake manifold (which replaces the plastic runners) from the uk which will give about a 5-8 kw gain.
Fueling shouldnt need to be touched with minor mods i dont think.

So there are your options. hope it helps a little
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to hear more about this intake manifold. How much and where?
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

so basically nothing

cai and cat back, imo, are mild to basic mods

i want something a bit more substancial ;)
Old 02-09-2005, 02:08 AM   #5
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will find alot more things are avaible in the Uk and europe. There is even a company in South Africa that is devloping a turbo kit that is suppose to give 250hp. For gearboxes I would be looking at the UK, you can get an uprated gearbox with Quaife LSD for somehting like 1200pounds. Suspension can get done rather easily as a custom job.

If you don't want to deal with people overseas your gonna be looking at custom jobs. If you go FI I would go for a supercharger, with the exhuast manifold being located in the back your gonna run into problems with space and intake. NA is another route and a few people in the UK have developed individual throttles. Or ofcourse you can always dump in a cosworth with AWD and go crazy.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:03 AM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
You will find alot more things are avaible in the Uk and europe. There is even a company in South Africa that is devloping a turbo kit that is suppose to give 250hp. For gearboxes I would be looking at the UK, you can get an uprated gearbox with Quaife LSD for somehting like 1200pounds. Suspension can get done rather easily as a custom job.

If you don't want to deal with people overseas your gonna be looking at custom jobs. If you go FI I would go for a supercharger, with the exhuast manifold being located in the back your gonna run into problems with space and intake. NA is another route and a few people in the UK have developed individual throttles. Or ofcourse you can always dump in a cosworth with AWD and go crazy.
I think previous things mentioned were crazy enough..... Gearbox?! LSD?! Turbo?! Supercharger?! Are these not crazy enough!? lol... If you ask me... stick with the Fiesta, and if you really want more, I think upgrading to another car would be worthwhile.....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

fiesta has enough to stay even with a vtec civic through the pacific highway, found that out the other night...
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ahhh yes, this sounda familiar. Im in the same boat (sort of), finding it very difficult to do anything substantial to the Focus that isnt your basic stuff.

Welcome to the joys of owning a European car.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I think previous things mentioned were crazy enough..... Gearbox?! LSD?! Turbo?! Supercharger?! Are these not crazy enough!? lol... If you ask me... stick with the Fiesta, and if you really want more, I think upgrading to another car would be worthwhile.....
An LSD is a standard replacement item for most RWD cars and gearbox upgrades are needed if power begins to climb.

If you want bang for bucks it will be very hard to beat moddifing a car (if kits are used). If you are willing to go work yourself you instanlty save yourself a great deal of money. With 15g doing work yourself you could be running a turbo, LSD and serious suspension mods. I would be very hard for a car to beat that for 35g.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
joshf2
striped

hell you dont even need that much

the old charade i had was just running a "mild" cam, with koni's and kings, and road slicks, yet good enough to keep up with pretty much everyone thru the twisties

all in all, about 3k spent ;)
Old 02-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #11
FlaminFiesta

i wanna see first !! so dicey playing with the cars warranty, i can see them me voiding it if i stick a sticker on it lol !!

wish we got the ST focus/fiesta in Aus !! (new ones) now that would be sweet lol tweak the out of the turbo !!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im having trouble grasping some things (lol im a car newb :p)
catback and performance? a friend of mine got quoted 2g to fix up his cannon and i hear from tim his one costs about 200$ whats the diff?

if its for perf or note it still has a min. kw again?

oh and is the a cai kit? or is it all custom made?
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post