Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation "Bugatti Veyron "into a motorcycle

Squeeze a massive 8.2 litre supercharged V8 monster truck engine with as much power as a Bugatti Veyron into a motorcycle and you have the Rapom V8, the product of the vivid imagination of 44-year old British engineer Nick Argyle. Unlike many who design such wilderbeasts , Argyle has manifested a fully functional and road registered version of what is world’s most powerful roadgoing motorcycle. Running on alcohol, the 1000 bhp returns just four miles per gallon, and it’s transportation brief usually only covers the 10 mile journey to a local drag racing strip. With that sort of power available at a twist of the wrist, the monster bike requires a super long chassis end every bit of its kerb weight of 1000lb in order to stop the bike flipping under hard acceleration.

The unique bike was created in a small garage in the Cotswolds, its conception spawned from the unusual marriage of convenience and naivety, says its builder.

After selling the chassis of his monster truck, Nick Argyle was searching for a much smaller project. He said: “I didn’t have the same workshop space I had when I built the truck. I only had the house garage so it had to be a bike. I was going to buy a new engine for the project but my wife told me to use the one that was still in a garage – a monster truck engine! Despite its size, I thought why not?’

http://www.gizmag.com/go/6762/gallery

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
kooky
WRX terrorist

All because his wife said no to a new engine? pu$$y whipped :
Old 09-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hate for it to burn up if she leaned out, it would singe your balls.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know how to describe that in words.

******* AWESOME would be close to it but can any one say death?

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

Ahh yes, that was in the Zoo or FHM mag, would be nuts to ride...
Old 09-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

its an engine with 2 wheels and a seat attached.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #7
XzLr8
Banned

bahahahaha pu$$y whipped :
XzLr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the veyron has 1001bhp, and comes with a roof as standard

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #9
flukey77

That is nuts.
flukey77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I wonder who would win a race between the Veyron and this bike????

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #11
RinmaxRacing
Starter Motor

Seems like a silly idea to me. Give it a rev and the damn engine would make it fall over. Not to mention trying to get all that power to the ground.

One thing is for sure, respect to the builder for the good work.
RinmaxRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
I wonder who would win a race between the Veyron and this bike????
Easy, the veyron. You try hanging on to a bike at 407kmh, and then watch the thing flip. The veyron is aerodynamic, a bike sadly does not have the same stability as a car at extreme speed.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #13
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Sounds like a shortened American Indian name;

Rapom Round Pole.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
fordchick
To the Mess Mobile!

holy crap.... that i would love to see in action

"Sparkes has a purple knob!"

Sparkles, the stuffed toys in my car add kilowatts i swear!! :

http://www.myspace.com/zomg
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #15
Monkey
XM FALCON

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinmaxRacing
Seems like a silly idea to me. Give it a rev and the damn engine would make it fall over. Not to mention trying to get all that power to the ground.

One thing is for sure, respect to the builder for the good work.
heres an old photo i have that makes me want to build one every time i look at it
using engine torque to push the tire into the ground helping traction .
simple, cheap effective
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike004.jpg (38.2 KB, 99 views)
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
the veyron has 1001bhp, and comes with a roof as standard
No it doesn't. It has 1001PS, the funky German measurement no one uses. It has 987bhp. Tricky marketing at work there... :

That bike is absolutley mad. I thought the Dodge Tomahawk was crazy, but this takes the cake.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Easy, the veyron. You try hanging on to a bike at 407kmh, and then watch the thing flip. The veyron is aerodynamic, a bike sadly does not have the same stability as a car at extreme speed.
The bike's used primarily for drag racing. Veyron's only done a best of 9.8 1/4 mile. The bike would smash it to pieces at the strip.

:
Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #18
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Did anyone else notice the name Rapom is Mopar backwards... or is it supposed to be a warning, as in Rape 'em

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #19
EL XR8

I don't know how its an easy answer, that the Veyron would win.
It would get spanked well and truly.
**** my mates 06 Gixxer would be right next to the Veyron down the strip, and demolish him around a track.
Thats all for a bike worth less than 20k brand spanking new, compared to a million dollar supercar.
This drag bike, if set up right, would easily be running into the 6's.
EL XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
RinmaxRacing
Starter Motor

Are there any track time for the Veryon posted anywhere? I have had a look and yet to find some. That make it hard to compare it to other cars and bikes. Until there are times out there it is a bit hard to belive that "X" is faster than a Veyron because "my mates got one".

Dont forget that just because it is one of the fastest production cars ever it is not a race car. A million bucks of race car could be a hell of a lot faster than that. To that fact, I'm sure there are track special kit-cars that could whoop a Veyron, and fast bikes, on particular tracks.

The Veyron is a toy for the rich and a technical exercise for VW. Not to mention one of the most talked about cars in the world.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #21
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinmaxRacing
Are there any track time for the Veryon posted anywhere? I have had a look and yet to find some. That make it hard to compare it to other cars and bikes. Until there are times out there it is a bit hard to belive that "X" is faster than a Veyron because "my mates got one".

Dont forget that just because it is one of the fastest production cars ever it is not a race car. A million bucks of race car could be a hell of a lot faster than that. To that fact, I'm sure there are track special kit-cars that could whoop a Veyron, and fast bikes, on particular tracks.

The Veyron is a toy for the rich and a technical exercise for VW. Not to mention one of the most talked about cars in the world.
Wheels December 05 has the Veyron doing 9.9 @ 225km/h 1/4 mile. It also is featured in the Guiness Book of Records with a 9.8 sec 1/4 mile posting.

It's been run, again by Wheels in the Dec 05 issue, around the famous Nurburgring-Nordschleife track in Germany and managed 7:40, which puts it dead even with the new Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, the new Porsche 911 Turbo (997), the Mercedes-McLaren SLR and ahead of the famous McLaren F1, which laps there in 7:45.

:
Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #22
RinmaxRacing
Starter Motor

Cheers for the info.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
brendo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR8
I don't know how its an easy answer, that the Veyron would win.
It would get spanked well and truly.
**** my mates 06 Gixxer would be right next to the Veyron down the strip, and demolish him around a track.
Thats all for a bike worth less than 20k brand spanking new, compared to a million dollar supercar.
This drag bike, if set up right, would easily be running into the 6's.
Best Nurburgring lap time I saw for the veyron was 7.44 best for I any bike i could find was around the 7.55 mark.
There was a wheels or motor article last year with an R1(or similar bike) vs a 911 turbo driven by warren luff i think. The Porsche was quicker around the track, the bike was quicker on the straights, but the Porsche could carry more speed through the corners.

So please explain how you think your mates bike would spank a Veyron around a track, it just wouldn't happen.

I agree that a good street bike should be able to match a Veyrons 1/4 mile time, which is a fairly unimpressive 10.8, but on a track, now way.
Any yes a well set up drag bike would be way quicker, but that bike does not look like a well set up drag bike, its a lot shorter for a start. Who knows how much power it can actually get to the ground.
brendo83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #24
ltd
Force Fed Fords

It's like comparing apples with oranges; "My mates bike would do a better quarter mile", big whoop dude, I've done a 5 second quarter mile in a jet, and a top speed of 1055 kmh TAS does that qualify to beat your mates bike?
No offence but the bugatti would eat your mates bike; check out the R1 vs Bugatti on youtube and yes, they are having a race.

Quote: