Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Fiesta ST 5-Door revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmCarTech
At the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show in September, FoMoCo unveiled the 3-door Ford Fiesta ST Concept. With the LA Auto Show on the way later this month, Ford will be holding the North American debut for the Fiesta ST Concept – however, this time, instead of 3-doors, there are 5-doors.

“The Ford Fiesta ST Concept signals the next step in Ford Motor Company’s global performance vehicle strategy and hints at how a future Fiesta ST model might look when it joins the Focus ST in the global small car portfolio,” Ford said in a statement.

Of course, that statement leads us to believe that there will indeed be a production model coming very soon.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/11/03...or-la-preview/

While I love the styling and driving experience of the WS Zetec I think this 5-door ST looks sensational (I actually prefer it over the 3-door concept), and with a 1.6 ecoboost/6 speed manual/tricked out suspension it should be an awesome drive (and easy to live with). I can't wait to see one in the flesh and take it for a test drive.

What does everyone think?

Im guessing with some luck we'll see the Fez ST here in Oz by 2013?

I wonder which factories aorund the world will build the STs and in what body styles?

Would Ford Oz prefer the 5 over the 3-door (as 3-door Zetecs weren't selling in sufficient numbers to be kept on the Aussie roster) OR would they go the 3-door as a point of differentiation? OR would they not have a choice in the matter?

And here's a Ford Germany advert for the 3 door ST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxHmA...eature=related

The final shot of the Fez (27 seconds onwards) says it all...

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post