Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default RS Focus confirmed - FPV possibility?

Found this on the XR6T forums. Hopefully it's AWD and FPV import it as it will make a mockery of the HSV astra. WRX eater anyone? (I hope).

http://www.caradvice.com.au/8773/for...-rs-confirmed/

Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Certainly a very exciting (if a little old news) story. The debate's still raging between FWD and AWD, nobody's really sure. either way it'll be an insane weapon, but no arguing that AWD will be the ultimate drivetrain to honestly keep up with the established competitiors such as Evo, STi and the likes. Even to get close to be hoenst.

Regardless, it'll sell out in Europe. Remains to be seen if it's coming here or not.
Old 28-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Certainly a very exciting (if a little old news) story. The debate's still raging between FWD and AWD, nobody's really sure. either way it'll be an insane weapon, but no arguing that AWD will be the ultimate drivetrain to honestly keep up with the established competitiors such as Evo, STi and the likes. Even to get close to be hoenst.

Regardless, it'll sell out in Europe. Remains to be seen if it's coming here or not.
Hi mate

I did a search to see if there was a thread on this or if this link had already been posted and I couldn't find anything. The article definitely doesn't report anything other than what most of us probably know, or have suspected over the last 7 years, as has been the debate since the RS debuted in 2001 at the Geneva Motor Show (I think).

It will sell out in Europe whether it's AWD or not to be quite honest, but it will never be the car it could be if it's isn't AWD. I'm sure that Rod Barrett will want it regardless of whether it's AWD, but being AWD will make it a lot more desirable, expensive, and probabaly more difficult for us to get our hands on down here. Well, here's hoping....
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I read an article in "CAR" magazine from the UK (which i will scan and post if anyone's interested) that had a preview of the RS.

They're estimating around 300BHP but according to Jost Capito who is ford's new "vehicle line director for ford performance vehicles (of the UK)" he doesn't want to sacrifice power through transmission losses and added weight of the AWD system.

They believe that it will have some sort of electronic limited slip diff in it, supposedly a vast improvement on the limo in the old RS which had a habit of torque steering and following any little rut or bump on the road.

What say we have a whip around for a plane ticket over there so one of us can slap this bloke around until he sees he's going to bugger up a brilliant car.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'm heading over at Christmas... recon mission anyone?