Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default MP3 disks

I know I have a Mondeo, but I understand the head units are the same.

I've burnt and Mp3 CD, and instead of having the artist name come up on the Sony head unit, 'ROOT' comes up, and on the next line, the track name (here I can scroll through the song name, number etc). I've burnt another CD, and the artist name comes up (where 'ROOT' does) and the line under it has the track number, and I can scroll through this using a button on the head unit (CD display or something).

I'm using iTunes to burn the Mp3 disk, and I have no idea what I am going wrong, as I've managed to do it once, but never again.

Should I burn them as folders using another burning programme instead of iTunes? I wouldn't have thought it would be this hard, and not work again.

Any help you could give me would be most appreciated, as I've burnt about 5 CDs and wasted a bit of time trying to sort this.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Is there something you can with the Title settings on the headunit itself?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Is there something you can with the Title settings on the headunit itself?
I've pressed all the buttons I can, yelled and sworn at it, and it still comes up reading 'ROOT'. I'm guessing there is something in the way I'm burning the CD, but I've got no idea what it is.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
irs

I have a Focus TDi with the standard CD player/radio. If yours is the same it will never play MP3 CDs as it is not designed to play them. Usually a MP3 compatible player/radio will have MP3 printed on the front. The only way to play MP3 CDs is via an external MP3 player plugged into the Auxilary socket. In the Focus the Aux socket is in the glove box.
Hope this helps.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

irs the Mondeo has an MP3 compatible Sony head unit.

Dusty1, if you use something like Nero, you can edit Allbum, Track and Artist info by track or album. I ahve no experience with iTunes but worth fishing around it to see.

If definitely works - I burn my tracks using Nero and they work well in Mondeos both TDCi and XR5 Turbo.

I'd suggest getting intimate with a bottle of wine and iTunes for a night - that's the only way I'd ever use that rubbish, by being blind and desperate. About the only way you'd make sense of it too.
Old 28-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
irs the Mondeo has an MP3 compatible Sony head unit.

Dusty1, if you use something like Nero, you can edit Allbum, Track and Artist info by track or album. I ahve no experience with iTunes but worth fishing around it to see.

If definitely works - I burn my tracks using Nero and they work well in Mondeos both TDCi and XR5 Turbo.

I'd suggest getting intimate with a bottle of wine and iTunes for a night - that's the only way I'd ever use that rubbish, by being blind and desperate. About the only way you'd make sense of it too.
I reckon the wine sounds about right. I think the issue with iTunes is that it doesn't allow you to burn them as CDs in their own folder. When you set up a playlist iTunes seems to just takes all the songs as one large file, and that's the reason for the 'Root' coming up. I will use the s*it software that came with the laptop I have to see if that makes a difference, as I will burn each of the CDs as a folder and not as a whole lot of tracks.

Bit more work, but I'll post on the results. Thanks all for your advice.
Previous: