Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-04-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Default Scratched

Some gutless jerk put 2 deep scratches in the front fender last monday. Happened in my work carpark, security cameras got nothing and I'm pretty sure builders or delivery people dropped something on it (not an act of vandalism).

Wonder how much it'll cost to fix, I don't wanna leave it like that.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
tabaccs

Ouch!

If the scratches aren't too deep i would would suggest using some 'dr paint' and then finish it off with 'meguires paint repair'.. Both of these are excellent products which ive used numerous times to great effect.. The dr paint is alot more course and can cut back substantial scratches, and when it is followed up by meguires paint repair comes up a treat.. You can get them from any Autobahn!

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

That sucks mate. It disgusts me that people do things like this all the time, where it is all completely accidental, but the bastards don't leave a note anywhere saying what happened.
Anybody got an orbital buffer? If the scratches aren't too deep, they come out pretty easily with a buffer. Probably worth having one anyway. They're not too expensive, and if you've vigilant about having a clean car and wax it almost every time you wash it, you'll greatly benefit from having one.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
fiesta8u

well if you can feel the scratch with your nail ( your nail goes in) then don't bother, straight to a panel beater, maybe around 400 coz they have to blend in the paint.
fiesta8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
Turbodiesel
Torquer

It always happens to us who look after our cars and never those with old bombs doesn't it?

It looks a bit deep for a buff to me, you will most likely have to get the whole front guard resprayed.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
It always happens to us who look after our cars and never those with old bombs doesn't it?
I think that stems from the fact that (most) people around new cars are more cautious than with older cars, and it's when people are the most cautious that they mess things up!!!
Plus, on new cars, they're scratches. On old bombs, they're 'individuality marks'

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
BlackLS
yum

Looks like someone had their bum leaning on it and had a metal pocket button.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Yeah, the scratches are down to the metal. This won't buff out.

$400 to respray the guard? That sounds fairly cheap. I would have thought double that. Might make some enquiries this week. I'll avoid the place I went to last time though. Some smash repairers can be so careless. Found ugly boot scratches in the door frames, sill and mirror not to mention the shitty wash they do. It's like they use sandpaper instead of a sponge.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
twistedfirey
Starter Motor

Also looks like the same marks if you were to lean into the engine bay with a belt buckle or button on jeans...
twistedfirey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post