Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 28-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Big John
Starter Motor

Default 6s vs 8s Challenge - Morgan Park 22nd April 2006

Well Ladies & Gents. Warm up your engines, its on again 22nd April Morgan Park,2006, it will be stay overnight again,details to be email out to Club Members shortly,so get your names in.......
John G.

Big John is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John
Well Ladies & Gents. Warm up your engines, its on again 22nd April Morgan Park,2006, it will be stay overnight again,details to be email out to Club Members shortly,so get your names in.......
John G.
While you are emailing could you send out a membership form please.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have put together a sequence of stills for u Jabba...is always a pleasure to see.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

If im not mistaken........thats a 6 infront of a 8! you must be sick of humble already jabba!!! :
Old 02-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Blue Thunder 2

Yeh, but look at that V8. It's got that much power, it's going around the corner sideways. :sm_headba

BEAUTIFUL !!! : :

Shane
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
If im not mistaken........thats a 6 infront of a 8! you must be sick of humble already jabba!!! :
Not really, I have a lot of respect for that car of Lion tamers. Those T6's are bloody awesome. When we came onto the main straight together there was only a couple car lengths between us, then half way down the straight there would be about 10 car lengths between us..... Then I would pull him back in through the back part of the track, and I would be right up his clacker at the esses, only to see him demoralize me again on the front straight. So on the last lap I tried to hold a few more herbs going through that corner to see if I could reduce the lead that he gets on me, on the straight. You all know what happened next.......

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Thumbs up

well saved jabba! bloody awesome!video way too short though
Old 12-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #8
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well guys one thing I can assure you all off now, is there will no longer be any drift action happening by me next time at Morgan park. My rear end grip is now ridiculously high and I will more likely to get some/alot of under-steer since fitting my new wheels 245/19/35 front,,,,,, 295/10/30 rear.... Now with the new springs and bilsteins together with the wide tyres the driving dynamics are now on a completely higher level. Trying to get use to the way it handles is hard to achieve driving on the street, as there is no safe (or legal for that matter) to find the threshold due to the amount of grip it has now......... But over all, my lap times should be faster next time out even with under-steer, I hope.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post