Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 29-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
DeepPockets GTP
Starter Motor

Default Phillip Island Trip

For those interested in the Trip to Phillip Island for the last round of the V'8s
please forward your interest to the xr_events@yahoo.com.au
We are looking at accommodation from Wed 23rd Nov for 5 days. For those driving we will be leaving on Tuesday 22nd approx 4am.
Only open to Financial Club Members.
Be Quick!!!

Old 30-09-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default Phillip Island

Hi
Betty and I have already booked our flights, the Fox's are driving down, I think that is it for the CQ contingent. :dj: Would not miss it especially after the great time we had on the Darwin trip. :
We have confirmed our accomodation with VP "The Don"
How about other CQ members getting the moths out of the wallets and coming down.
Must admit car racing has cost a quid or two this year and also have been accussed of becoming a V8 groupie.
Looking forward to seeing old mates from Brissy at the Island.
Tucky and Bettyboop
Old 30-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
747FLI

Exclamation The Island

Sian and I have already booked in with "The Don". I'll be driving down solo and then picking Sian up at Tullamarine on the way through, as she is traversing the globe in the month of November!

Looking forward to meeting all on the trip...do you think we could organise for the Moto GP to change their track date and be the lead up race to the V8's???!!!!!

Dave
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
Black Panther

We have also booked in with the Don, and are driving down to run some k's up on the new Super Pursuit : . Looking forward to this one,"The Club Lives On" :disco:
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucky
How about other CQ members getting the moths out of the wallets and coming down.
Still recovering from Darwin, maybe next year.

Panda
Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
foxylady

count the Foxes in, looking forward to the drive(I know I've got a problem as I LUUVV driving my car) Hey what's money, you can't take it with you so you might as well spend it. Wendy want's to do the Great Ocean Road and also show me around the Snowy Scheme where she grew up so we will make our own way home. Can't wait to catch up with everyone-Geez Don how big is this house we are all staying in?
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
747FLI

Thumbs up The Island

Tucky & Don,

My girlfriend Sian will be booked on the Virgin flight one after yours and Betty's (11:00) which arrives at 1:30 which is the same time we are booked into FPV. If you have a chat to Don over the weekend (during the ads for Bathurst of course!!!) as I don't want to have anyone miss out on any FPV happenings, however, I was thinking that I will only break for a short time on our last pit stop before coming into Melbourne, which should allow me time to find you and Betty and then get Sian from the gate...luggage...and then straight to FPV which is pretty much around the corner from the airport...about 10 - 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

I shall contact Don and yourself again next week to confirm. For now it's all Bathurst on the brain!

Happy Bathurst viewing to all up in the CQ XR Chapter!!!

Cheers,

Dave Dyer (747FLI) :eclipsee_
Old 03-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Thanks Dave, all souinds to good to me, can't wait

Tucky
Old 10-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
foxylady

Thumbs up Will be there

Foxes will be there. Anything you need we are there to help. Dont hesitate to ask. Don and Ilean would be the best hosts for any event. I think we all hope that tucky will leave his rear end in rocky after Sunday afternoon. Cant wait to see you all again, should be a great trip.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #10
liontamer2
Starter Motor

Default Tassi

Next year.......
liontamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #11
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

747FLI
Re flight to Melbourne, virgin have stuffed up and changed departue ex Rocky (hard to believe) and left us with no transit time to get Melbourne flight.

May have turned out better though, we now arrive in Brisbane flight DJ740 at 7.30 am and flight to Melbourne is now at 10am (same as Sian??) and into Melbourne at 1.25pm. Flight number DJ318.

Notice you said Sian was the flight after at 11, it is 10, may have somthing to do with blo*dy day light saving again.
Let me know if this is OK
Tucky
Old 17-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #12
747FLI

Thumbs up Flight Change - Tucky

Hey Tucky,

Yep, that is Sian's flight, DJ318 leaving 10:00am from BNE. No worries at all picking you and Betty up and racing back around to FPV and then onto the Island! I will send through a photo of Sian as the time gets closer so you know who you are looking for on the day!

After watching the Moto GP on the weekend I am keener than ever to get down there for a break and to be amongst all the action.

Looking forward to kicking back and having a beer or seven with the XR crew down south!

Cheers,

Dave
Old 17-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #13
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Sending you a PP with my details
Old 02-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #14
747FLI

Question Gardner Stand Tickets

Hey Troops,

Anyone paid for their tickets by credit card and not received them yet??? Just thought I'd ask before hassling track staff. The money has been taken off the credit card... e

Dave
Old 02-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #15
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default tickets

Hey Mayor of Coloundra

We went through The Don in bulk, check with him.

Getting closer and closer can't wait to share beaurecratic stories around a rum bottle, have printed a big photo of Sian (the right one). See ya in a couple of weeks

Mayor of Rockhampton
Old 02-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #16
747FLI

Thumbs up Tucky - 747fli Forum!!!

Thank you my honourable colleague! Just phoned trackside and they have sent them via registered post on Monday so hopefully there will be a note in the mail when I get home?

And yes, they'll pull line locks on us for talking local government...I'll let the cat out of the bag...my first 12 months with CCC was in Waste!!!

You also better have the right photo cause if you come off the plane with the first you're a gonna!!!

Oh No...Bundy hangovers trackside...fa.... :

Thanks Tucky - MOR!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #17
foxylady

Race tickets purchased,accommodation booked,credit card paid off,car booked in for service, new tyres on the way-I think we are ready to go!!

heaven help us ,it looks like we have two waste management types on this trip-wonder how many ways they can come up with to get rid of the ibis(those who were with us Anzac weekend will know about this gem).

We are sure putting some km's on the poor car this year-75,000 and she is only 18mths old! Just goes to show Foxy spends more time with the car than me.

18sleeps to go- Phillip Island here we come Foxylady

h
Old 04-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #18
Black Panther

We are sure putting some km's on the poor car this year-75,000 and she is only 18mths old! Just goes to show Foxy spends more time with the car than me.

You can always trade her in for a BFGT in silver with orange stripes :dr_Evil: and then he might play with you abit more _2: . Yes it is getting closer and I still haven't ordered my Bra as I have heard it can get a little chilly down there :

h[/QUOTE]
Old 05-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #19
foxylady

You will have to tell Tess to keep the headlights on low beam :yeees: A new car? I'd spend even less time with the missus- that is a forbidden word till she gets her new car or I finish the house. :
Old 06-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #20
DeepPockets GTP
Starter Motor

Default Phillip Island

By now All going should have received their emails :
If not please contact Don
Old 07-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #21
cro142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPockets GTP
By now All going should have received their emails :
If not please contact Don
Don,
PM sent.

PC
cro142 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #22
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default C'mon

Getting close, busy charging the batteries in the cameras and making the packing list
C"MON

Anyway Tassie tomorrow

How many sleeps Wendy????
Old 13-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #23
foxylady

Cool

Only 8 sleeps till we leave . Tan066 and I think Tassie went okay but we were under the influence of lack of sleep(bet you thought I was going to say alcohol) due to the fact we acted as the guys representatives at their work party and felt obliged to eat drink and dance their share as well-a fantastic time was had. But enough dribbling-warm clothing organised(what is it with winter clothing it doesnt get cold up here.)Found Joshes hat and I get the car for the week but only so I can have it cleaned and packed when himself gets home sunday night.
Road trip here we come.foxylady :newangel:
Old 14-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #24
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Packed my port yesterday, new socks, new jocks, new walk shoes everything ready to go, even managed to squash a jumper in.
Will give you a call later in the week if we can't fit everything in and need you to take a little port for us, I think the only thing hard to fit in is the towels
Old 14-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #25
747FLI

Question Should I Be Wearing A Bra?!

Sounds like everyone's ready to go. I have not done a long distance trip with the club before and understand that a Car Bra can be a damn handy way to keep the cars AOK. As I have pushed my budget to the limit now for this trip and won't be able to purchase one just yet. Does anyone reckon their would be a clubbie that would loan one out for an AUI in exchange for a box of XXXX or similar? Your thoughts troops???

Dave :dj:
Old 14-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #26
foxylady

only thing hard to fit in is the towels-I thought you were drip dry?
Old 15-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #27
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Lets Go

Hey there gang. the little fox here just sayin that there are only 3 days of year 11 left and that means that there are only 5 days left till we leave. :1syellow1 Don i will jump in with you on the way down so you can look after my HAT. i mean y go in a GT when i can go in a gt-P. Is there any other types of port you would like us to bring tucky ?? :evil_laug

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #28
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Nah little fox, me and my mate big fox will get our supplies on the Island
Will see you before you leave
Old 16-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #29
747FLI

Thumbs up Car Bra - Thanks Kerrie Floyd

How good are the people in this club! Kerrie Floyd, our clubbie from Glen Innes, has kindly let me borrow her car bra for the trip. She is sending it up, with the XR trailer from last weekend, on one of their trucks, and I'll pick it up at the AGM off Big John or one of the crew.

Thanks Kerrie, you're a champion!!! :

PS: If it comes back with Roo hair in it I'll buy you a new one!!! :monkes:
Old 16-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #30
Black Panther

Have just ordered my bra, will be here Monday. Finishing off work for the month then away we go : . This race at Phillip Island is going to be a rip snorter with the points so close and the three in contention being FORD drivers. Just as well we are taking the Ute with all these clothes, "beautiful one day cold the next" if I have enough rums I shouldn't feel a bloody thing : . Tuesday can't get here sooner!!!! : :sm_headba :1syellow1 :eclipsee_ : : :