Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Driving Test..... too harsh?

***Warning - mindless ranting **

Daughter been learning to drive for the last 16 months, and after a ridiculous 6 week wait for the first available appointment, she was excited to boss the test and finally get her licence.

Everything was ticked off the list during the drive as successful, then when the test was about to conclude she was made to drive to a specific location out of town down a road in which she made a single "critical" error, and therefore failed the test.

The error was not scanning enough while driving through an "uncontrolled intersection" which means there are no give way or stop signs. From what she tells me, she was already only doing 45kph, there where no cars to be seen, so she continued through.

My issue isnt giving way to the right at an uncontrolled intersection, but rather, the expectation to slam the brakes to a near stop at every intersection to thoroughly scan around the corner of the opposing road to see if they have in fact any signs or not to make a judement if it is in fact an "uncontrolled intersection".

I would not be surprised if this part of the road is the instructors favourite trick to have young people pay twice for their licence. (tin foil hat is on!!)

Even then i could deal with that fact, other than, being able to book the next day after the first fail is a fairytale, as the next available booking is another 4 weeks away, which makes me wonder how critical was that error?? Should it have been a minor error, followed by a stern lecture?

falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post