Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 01-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
Laniwxr6
XR6 MENACE

Question New Owner

HI i am now a proud owner of a Ba mk2 xr6
i would love to hear from anyone that has any suggestions for keeping my car in ecellent condition, and if any one can suggest the best car wax or polish?
i have had a few people tell me turtle wax is good, but there cars arent that nice looking!!! haha

Proud member of the XR6&XR8 Club Queensland
Laniwxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniwxr6
HI i am now a proud owner of a Ba mk2 xr6
i would love to hear from anyone that has any suggestions for keeping my car in ecellent condition, and if any one can suggest the best car wax or polish?
i have had a few people tell me turtle wax is good, but there cars arent that nice looking!!! haha
Hi Laniwxr6, everyone has their different opinions on this subject, myself and a few others in the xrclub of qld use Swissol. It is not the cheapest product on the market but when applied correctly gives a stunning finish imo. Once applied i find the car very easy to wash and maintain, i strip it back and re-apply every twelve months. Obviously there are many products on the market which will give you a similar result.

I will pm you the contact details of the distributor if you like.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
SP Ken

G'day Lani,

You will no doubt get lots of advice on which product is best. I myself use Bowden's Own brand of car care products. I found them to be as good if not better that the overseas ones and they are manufactured here in Aus. You won't pick them up anywhere other that Autobarn or from their website www.bowdensown.com.au

What ever you use you will find it is a labour of love, 4 hours cleaning and waxing the car is time well spent IMO but others hate it. I hope you enjoy your car as much as everybody on this forum does.

Ken

P.S I have responded to your email that you sent to the club with the info you require.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Paint protection

sent a e-mail for you to look at
:alien2: Fabric protection available also :alien2: