Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-10-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
05ZETEC
Starter Motor

Default Engine Misfiring LS/LT Focus

I have a 2005 ford focus mk2 (LS), an recently the engine has been having issues. When I first bought the car it couldn't start on it's own and needed to be jumped every time it was stalled or turned off. Now the alternator has charged the starter and it can start on it's own steam (Admittedly not very well) but when Idling the car has a very noticeable misfire (It sounds cammed and the entire car rocks side to side). I have had a warning pop up on the info system warning me of 'engine fault'. I have charged the battery and changed the spark plugs (The car has a spark plug well leak which may affect the spark), these have fixed the misfire in the past but it just keeps coming back. Should I buy a 'new' second hand battery for it or should i fix the leak in the sparkwells first?
05ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default Re: Engine Misfiring LS/LT Focus

Fix the leak in the spark wells. I know it's happened twice after prepping my MKI for a show the engine has been "washed down" and discovered the wells contained water and engine misfiring like nobody's business. Dried them out, problem gone.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: