Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 13-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
MRJUCY
Fordless

Default Ford Vs Holden @ WSID 22nd Jan

Still haven't decided if I'm going to race or not myselfbut I thought some of you guys may be interested. On Saturday the 22nd of January they are having a Ford Vs Holden drag day at WSID.
It's dial in racing & there are different classes depending on what your car will do so it doesn't matter if you've got a beast or a stocker you can still have close, fun racing. There is also some burnouts on but only a limited amount

It starts at 12 midday & runs till 9.30 so you should get your $45 worth
If you want to know more the link is below

http://www.wsid.com.au/default.asp?C...5&ParentID=165
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Angry WSID Drags

Trying to get there, wanting a babysitter.....
Old 17-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Trying to get there, wanting a babysitter.....
HI Craig, just go on your own..lol...
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Wink Hi Mark

Everything's cool, my wife is now not working. I'll be at WSID, hoping it's a clear day. Less tyre pressures, harder launch and a smoother 1st to 2nd shift, we'll see!
Old 19-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
yobboford
locker king

hey guys, at this stage i will be running aswell on saturday, hoping to have the 3.9's in on fri night and break into the 14's on sat.

i know its not real quick, an eb xr8 auto only hoping to break into the 14's, but at least its bracket racing and im consistant, lol.

cya's out there.
yobboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #6
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobboford
hey guys, at this stage i will be running aswell on saturday, hoping to have the 3.9's in on fri night and break into the 14's on sat.

i know its not real quick, an eb xr8 auto only hoping to break into the 14's, but at least its bracket racing and im consistant, lol.

cya's out there.
I think I spoke to you today, you were the one with the auto, I asked whether you had a manual. Number plate matches you username???, was that you?, I had the purple BA XR8, if I had known it was you I would have introduced myself. How did you go?, mission accomplished??
Old 23-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #7
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
I think I spoke to you today, you were the one with the auto, I asked whether you had a manual. Number plate matches you username???, was that you?, I had the purple BA XR8, if I had known it was you I would have introduced myself. How did you go?, mission accomplished??
Craig, well done congratulations on the new time and a very nice 60 foot...what tyres did you have on?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 23-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #8
MRJUCY
Fordless

Was alot of nice cars out there but unfortunately I only got 2 runs in. I think even if it hadn't have rained they would have been running short on time but it was still good to have a run.
Old 23-01-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:

Well done Craig. Pity about the rain.
Thanks for spending the time to tell me about your mods, tyre pressures etc.
Hopefully I will be out there in a couple of weeks (Wed) for a go, now that Ford reckon they have solved my cutting-out problem.
My first attempt of 15.003 @ 96.1mph is a long way short of what you and XRPV8 are doing. (I guess I have something to aim for.)

Cheers, Chris
BA XR8 Ute Auto
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Smile Wsid

Yeh Chris, good to see you out there. The more Falcons at the track the better life is. Let me know what day you're definately going and I'll make plans to go too. Good to see your car is running fine as well, the gremlins may have finally left your car.
Old 23-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #11
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Wsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Craig, well done congratulations on the new time and a very nice 60 foot...what tyres did you have on?
Hello Mark,
The tyres were my recently purchased SP9000's, with about 25lbs in them. I had so much grip last night compared to my first outing. I didn't know how to work with the grip, it bogged down each time. I had the revs up to 3000rpm for one of the runs and it still bogged a little. One of my 60' times was 2.016, 2.111 was the third one. The mph was a little down, maybe the less pressures wouldn't allow the car to roll nicely at high speed. I was hoping for a few more runs. I wanted to work on the extra grip thing, the 60' times may have dropped into the 1.9's. It's all encouraging, thanks again for all of your assistance, without it I would definately be going slower.
Old 23-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
RATT

That's a great result PhantomXR8. Any other noteworthy mention for the day?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #13
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Fast AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
That's a great result PhantomXR8. Any other noteworthy mention for the day?
Hello,
There was this great looking black AU that was doing 11's. There was a great mixture of Falcons out there. A couple of each XR, XW, XY, XA, EB and BA Falcons, all up about 15. There were also heaps of Capri's, some Cortina's and a Laser. Those old 60's Falcons though, they look the best!
Old 23-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #14
MRJUCY
Fordless

There was 2 XDs & 2 XEs too
Old 23-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #15
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
There was 2 XDs & 2 XEs too

Sorry mate, there was too. I did notice them, my brain's not that comprehensive in the memory dept. I've owned 2 great XD's, an S pack and an ESP 351 4 speed. I always aspired to owning an XE S Pack or ESP 351 4 speed, they had the better look. All Falcons are great lookers!
Old 23-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #16
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Hello,
There was this great looking black AU that was doing 11's. There was a great mixture of Falcons out there. A couple of each XR, XW, XY, XA, EB and BA Falcons, all up about 15. There were also heaps of Capri's, some Cortina's and a Laser. Those old 60's Falcons though, they look the best!
Was that the black AU that was in the burnout comp? It was pretty sweet... Anyone know details about the engine in it?

That laser was hardcore. Wasn't it doing mid 12's?

The rain was a bit of a bummer :(

Last edited by xr8ute; 23-01-2005 at 08:47 PM.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #17
xr8ute
Back on the road

Default snaps

I only got a couple of shots before the batteries died...dammit

PhantomXR8, is that you in the 3rd shot?
Old 23-01-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Photos

Yep, that was me. Good to see a photo, not quite the launch or the ET that the XT got but hey. Good work!
Old 23-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #19
SpoolMan

Quote:
Hello Mark,
The tyres were my recently purchased SP9000's, with about 25lbs in them. I had so much grip last night compared to my first outing. I didn't know how to work with the grip, it bogged down each time. I had the revs up to 3000rpm for one of the runs and it still bogged a little. One of my 60' times was 2.016, 2.111 was the third one. The mph was a little down, maybe the less pressures wouldn't allow the car to roll nicely at high speed. I was hoping for a few more runs. I wanted to work on the extra grip thing, the 60' times may have dropped into the 1.9's. It's all encouraging, thanks again for all of your assistance, without it I would definately be going slower.
Craig, a better 60 foot can make your MPH go down, its funny how it works but the main thing is your ET is dropping every time...MPH can show higher from alot of wheel spin..looks like you had little to none with those 60 foot times.....for real street tyres thats a no:1 effort... :
Old 23-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #20
yobboford
locker king

Quote:
yeah that was me, i didnt even click that you were off here, lol, even when looking at your car. unfortunatly the old girl let me down, only ran 15.052 @ 92.45mph. really dissapointed. i was hoping to drop more than the .1 that i did by going to the 3.9's, but there is always next time.

was really good to see so many nice fords out there, and the fords definetly kicked holdens but in the burnouts........

cheers Rob.
yobboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #21
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Yep, that was me. Good to see a photo, not quite the launch or the ET that the XT got but hey. Good work!
That XT was sweet and launched bloody hard. Here is another shot from the end of your run...

Old 25-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #22
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Photos

Thanks for posting those pictures, they're priceless.
Old 25-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #23
rodderz

Great time Craig! I told you persistance pays off! Your mph would be down as you got a good launch and the revs wouldnt of been as high

Mark...they are getting closer, may have to set some new pb's at heathcote lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #24
MRJUCY
Fordless

Quote:
Sorry mate, there was too. I did notice them, my brain's not that comprehensive in the memory dept. I've owned 2 great XD's, an S pack and an ESP 351 4 speed. I always aspired to owning an XE S Pack or ESP 351 4 speed, they had the better look. All Falcons are great lookers!
And heres me thinking my car stood out lol but I have to admit with that many tough cars it was sensory overload.
Both of my runs 60 foots were 1.7 which is 3/10s better then I've managed previously (I run street tyres) but I didn't manage to improve on my ET at all unfortunately.
Speaking of MPH I've found if I shift earlier I get higher MPH but if I hold the gears longer I get a better ET so I'm still mucking around trying to find the perfect balance
Old 25-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #25
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

could be on the cards....remember we are all chasing kevs ba xr8 ute 13.20 is a long way to go..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 25-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #26
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Great time Craig! I told you persistance pays off! Your mph would be down as you got a good launch and the revs wouldnt of been as high

Yeh, thanks Rod. As Marks says, we're all chasing that 13.20. Mine had a little more in that night. It bogged down on all 3 attempts and my 1st to 2nd had way too much wheelspin. I can do a nice 1st to 2nd, I just can't pull it out on the track yet. It's like you explained one time,the clutch has to come up nicely. That last picture was a great drag race. The Holden was a turbo with a huge front mount. He got the better jump and went across the line just ahead of me, wasn't much in the ET, but it was a classic drag race.
Old 27-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #27
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Thanks for posting those pictures, they're priceless.
no dramas...one day i'll be out there in my ute, but for now taking photos will do
Old 28-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #28
MRJUCY
Fordless

I got a letter in the mail today that they have rescheduled the Ford vs Holden day to Good Friday March 25th & if you were entered in the previous one it's FREE.
The deal this time is entrants gates open at 7am & qualifying starts at 9am & runs until 1pm & then eliminations run from 1.30 to 4 with a burnout comp after that running until 9.30 at night as previously advertised. Entrants in the Sportsman class have a choice of free entry to this or a test & tune the next day. If you were at the previous meet you will receive this letter in the mail & a form to send in to enter so they can send you tickets as you must pre-book.
So I'll see you all then
Old 28-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #29
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking WSID Ford v Holden

To quote a legend.....I'll Be Back!