Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default New Ford boss

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2574D70000B571

At least he's figured out Ford's weak point and plans to do something about it. Can't believe it's taken this long for someone to recognise Ford's sales and marketing have been absolutely pathetic.

Hopefully he can achieve something. Start with a good clean out of all the mentally retarted tools from the sales and marketing department, whose main job is to sit on their hands all day every day and watch Falcon and Territory sales figures fall through the floor while cashing in their fat pay checks.

Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let's hope that he actually goes ahead and does what he says.

I still cannot get over the lack of advertising for the new FG and the fact that it is the first Australian built car to get a 5 star safety rating. They should be shouting it from the rooftops.

Holden has adds on the radio every 15minutes or so sprouting how the Epica diesel is so much more fuel efficient(7.6l/110) than a camry. Yet when you compare it to the other cars in the same category it gets smacked all over.

Mondeo 7.3l/100
skoda 6.8l/100
and they are petrol cars that are paying 10-15 cents per litre less for their fuel. Yetr I am beginning to see more and more of the Epica on the road.

When will Ford wake up and realise that advertising sells. You just can't expect the car to sell itself in this day and age.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive also heared the new FG is a awsome car and a store of that i take care of said 2 me all his other reps love there FG's.

So im taking 1 for a spin this weekend to see for myself

Upgrade pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee LOL
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Well its about time someone changed things!, good to see its the boss!!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

I remember all the hype when Bill Osbourne was coming to power. Look what happened with that.

I really hope things are different this time around

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
bob^
LPS

I don't think he has even been around in Australia yet, so how does he know what the marketing has been like?
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
I don't think he has even been around in Australia yet, so how does he know what the marketing has been like?
He originates from here. And with his background, it won't be too long before he gets up to speed.

Marin Burela named new Ford Australia boss

* Toby Hagon
* September 24, 2008

An Australian will run one of Australia's three remaining car makers for the first time since 2004 following the appointment of Marin Burela as president and CEO of Ford Australia.

Geelong-born Burela, who started his career at Ford Australia in 1984 before taking up various overseas executive postings from 1998, will become the third Ford Australia boss in less than a year following the shock resignation of Bill Osborne last month.

Burela recently described Ford Australia as the "Falcon motor company" when acknowledging the challenges of shifting its large-car dependence to smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles in an era of increased environmental awareness and high petrol prices.

The move to appoint the enthusiastic Burela sees him return to the Melbourne-based headquarters where he started his career with the now troubled Ford Motor Company.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
bob^
LPS

You have interpreted what I said in a way I didn't mean it. I know where he comes from, but he has been working overseas for 10 years. I highly doubt he has been around here of late, taking notice of Ford AU. A lot has changed since then.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #9
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob^
You have interpreted what I said in a way I didn't mean it. I know where he comes from, but he has been working overseas for 10 years. I highly doubt he has been around here of late, taking notice of Ford AU. A lot has changed since then.
No worries. We could have said the same about Gorman and Osborne. What I am saying though is since he's a pro he should get up to speed alot quicker than you or I can appreciate. Also, it sometimes requires someone from outside to have a better view of what's going on.