Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 29-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
left
Lady Leadfoot

Default New rotors/pads for 2002 BA

Hi there,
as per this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...63#post3034263 I am in rather desperate need of new rotors and pads.

Have pretty much settled on DBA Street Series Slotted rotors but not sure about the pads (had already bought Bendix CT but probably can return for refund/credit depending on opinion).

Car is not used for track work but I am *ahem* a spirited driver and at least half my time is spent in speed zones 80kmh+ and hilly terrain. Car is lowered (I thought a home brand system but turns out it's Pedders, lol) if that makes any difference.

Am looking for both suggestions by you and whether you can do anything for me on price for pick-up in Melbourne. I am looking for reasonable improvement over OE but nothing outrageous.

THANKS in advance!

Quote:
Building sites on a hot day: the females equivalent to a strip club
left is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by left
Hi there,
as per this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...63#post3034263 I am in rather desperate need of new rotors and pads.

Have pretty much settled on DBA Street Series Slotted rotors but not sure about the pads (had already bought Bendix CT but probably can return for refund/credit depending on opinion).

Car is not used for track work but I am *ahem* a spirited driver and at least half my time is spent in speed zones 80kmh+ and hilly terrain. Car is lowered (I thought a home brand system but turns out it's Pedders, lol) if that makes any difference.

Am looking for both suggestions by you and whether you can do anything for me on price for pick-up in Melbourne. I am looking for reasonable improvement over OE but nothing outrageous.

THANKS in advance!
New rotors/pads for 2002 BA
Thanks for the enquiry left and i will just give my point of view on some of the questions asked in that other thread.
We are not associated at all with the Melbourne people but this is a long story.Yes we can arrange for customers in Melbourne either delivery or pick up from DBA once goods have been paid for and details have been provided.
In my opinion anything you do to upgrade your brakes is an advantage to you for your safety and as all cars have rear brakes for a purpose it is more beneficial to do all 4 to get maximum benefit but it is not critical and the budget doesn't always allow it.
There have been issues with Bendix GCT pads and the resins are sticking to the slots and causes shudder issues but it doesn't happen to all applications.
DBA 298mm front slotted rotors for a BA falcon are $115 each and the rear slotted 303mm solid discs are the same price so that is a big saving already on what you got quoted from Bursons (slotted @ $140/171) and we can supply a std low dust pad for $55each but you may need a more heavy duty pad for your application and these would have to be freighted down or you can buy some pads local if you like.As long as DBA Melbourne have stock of the slotted rotors you could pick up once payment by bank or direct deposit has cleared.
Just a note that you may be interested in is if you can get other people interested in these rotors i could get them down to $95 each if you can get 5 pair minimum order.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au

Last edited by FLOORED; 30-01-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: fix up
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
left
Lady Leadfoot

Thank you so much for your reply

re: pads, I would be happy to take you up on your offer of the pads IF I can get a refund from Burson. If I can onyl exchange and pay the difference, would you recommend that the Bendix Ultimate as a better option than CT?

I would certainly be interested in taking advantage of your discount on the rotors in any event. I will post the discounted offer in the Group Buy area and see if anyone else is up for it. If it doesn't generate any interest over the next few days I'll just go ahead anyway by my lonesome.

If you'd like, PM me with your banking details etc in the meantime so that I can go ahead and make payment if the group buy generates no interest. I would like to get my brakes done ASAP so I would be anticipating making payment by mid week - I cant really wait any longer. I will PM you at the same time so you have all my contact details at hand.

Thanks again

Quote:
Building sites on a hot day: the females equivalent to a strip club

Last edited by left; 30-01-2010 at 08:36 PM.
left is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Hey Floored, are these applicable for what I want to do in this thread?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...2&page=1&pp=25
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Hey Floored, are these applicable for what I want to do in this thread?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...2&page=1&pp=25

Yes please refer everyone to here thanks

DBA GROUP BUY http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...79#post3037579

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post