Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #61
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: The drug "Ice"

So now can we keep off the Grass please and back on the OP's topic ?
Old 09-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #62
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The topic of ignoring facts? Using your own anecdotals as though they have (greater) merit? And condemning things we have absolutely no idea regarding nor don't want to know of?

Who needs Phd's and 20 years in the industry when it's as simple as weed triggering schizophrenia? These people could've saved themselves a whole career and instead just found everything from ancedotals?

How dumb they must be to not use their eyes and merely see people do weed first and develop schizophrenia later... after a whole career in this field. Why does it take these yahoos 20yrs in the field and medical school to not see what everyone here has discovered looking at their mates? Absolute white collar fools.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 09-11-2014 at 06:44 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbicide View Post
Stoners and other people with addictions trying to justify their chosen vice - hilarious.
I don't touch the stuff, and I don't drink often and theres at least one person here on AFF who can attest to that who I was at the pub with in Kilmore before AFF Heathcote this year.

I'm just trying to see the other side and open my mind a little, maybe if more people looked at all sides of the coin we could have some solutions to a problem for a change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
recreational is a funny word, is most often used by those in denial of their slippery ride to hell
I've seen the ride to hell happen to one guy I went to school with, mind you the kid who started it all for him ended up cleaning himself right up and the other guy is up poo creek without a paddle.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #64
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
The topic of ignoring facts? Using your own anecdotals as though they have (greater) merit? And condemning things we have absolutely no idea regarding nor don't want to know of?

Fine it's not like anyone will listen!
The topic is Crystal Meth. Not Marijuana.

You started on the first page talking about Marijuana.

If you know something first hand, not what you've read, about ICE, then lets hear it.

If not don't bother posting
Old 09-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
I live in a small victorian country town. Bikie scum moved here a couple of years ago and bought the ice with them. I'd whole-heartedly support a bullet to the back of the neck. Drop the ****ers down a mine shaft, problem solved. I don't have kids in school. Others I know do, and this scum is exposing their kids to this. Interesting times I expect. A wait and see attitude isn't being taken by some. Police are factoring themselves out of the equation quick by taking a soft approach. I hear life is becoming very hard for these peices of dog **** and I couldn't be happier about it.
Which region if you don't mind me asking? It was in the news papers here as well but I haven't really noticed any drug activity like the paper was saying.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
People want to get high regardless and will whether it's weed, ice, sniffing paint or whatever. What are we going to do ban every intoxicating substance known to man? Follow the rest of the world and legalize and regulate the safer drugs and watch the harder drug use subside.

Or keep banging the uneducated prohibition drum (cause prohibition has worked so flawlessly in the past) and watch it get worse.

I just feel sorry for the paramedics who have to put up with the drunks and ice addicts trying to attack them all the time.
Mum used to work in Bunnings in Broadmeadows and there was a middle aged lady who used to come in with a ring of paint around her mouth and always buying spray cans, Mum thought she was some sort of clown for little kids

Then said middle aged lady stopped coming into Bunnings all of a sudden.

Middle aged lady died from her escapades.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #67
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Your not near St Arnaud ?
Big Damo, I asked the same question. He's not on at the moment, but St Arnaud did make the news a few weeks ago because of this issue......
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #68
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
The only way to stop this is for society to get rid of its moral paralysis and start hanging drug dealers...
You’ll only be executing the middle men down to the brain dead junkies who on sell it.

For the most, the main players who make billions are left to continue the trade by paying the gullible and desperate to take the fall by doing their bidding.

Capital punishment has never been a deterrent to murder, what it does do is force the perpetrators to kill victims ensuring there are no witnesses to put them on execution row.

Look at Mexico, the billions made by the drug trade has made life there worth nothing.

There is no denying drugs are the scourge of the modern world and given the billions of dollars countries like the USA throw at law enforcement to fight it, it shows the battle is almost impossible to win.

There are no laws that will ever fix this problem, it’s all about education from a very young age and treatment for those that fall into its net.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #69
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

A couple links -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226898535547

http://theconversation.com/ice-age-t...ustralia-26052

The articles paint a bleak picture but they are the unfortunate facts - please keep your kids close by, educate them about the dangers of all drugs until your last breath & above all tell them you love them everyday. As a old youth worker, i have seen first hand what damage all drugs does to families & its ******* heartbreaking.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #70
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I've seen the ride to hell happen to one guy I went to school with, mind you the kid who started it all for him ended up cleaning himself right up and the other guy is up poo creek without a paddle.
they will pop in and out of your life, you cant tell them, they cant be told

just be there when they pop up

you are there when theyve had enough
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
they will pop in and out of your life, you cant tell them, they cant be told

just be there when they pop up

you are there when theyve had enough
Yeah I've been there for the poo creek guy, sad thing is he threw a good local job opportunity down the toilet with his antics.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #72
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah I've been there for the poo creek guy, sad thing is he threw a good local job opportunity down the toilet with his antics.
and there will be many more antics on his slippery slope

its not him, its an empty shell, its the addiction

and that really sucks about this bs caper

just be there
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #73
HULK_I6T
Banned

Everyone says it's so addictive???

How would they know unless they have tried it and become addicted
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #74
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post

Are you serious? Everyone says Poo tastes bad too and you shouldn't try it...I sure believe that without trying it myself!

Cheers
Col
Old 09-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #75
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Probably something to do with the eurphoric high you get from your first hit, and the fact after prolonged use it damages dopamine receptors in your brain, so when you're off the drug you feel like crap all of the time regardless and you need it to feel good.

Crappy circle to get stuck on.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #76
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

not all of us sit around boring bbqs

i home delivered ladies to boring guys like you for many years

seen the damage done
Old 09-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #77
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
i home delivered ladies to boring guys like you for many years
I now require the full story, feel free to PM me lol.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #78
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

So do we need to have a PHD to see first hand what drugs do to people when we see it happen to family members, to see the crimes they do, to see the jail time they have done multiple times?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #79
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I now require the full story, feel free to PM me lol.
no lols in it bro

just ruined lives
Old 09-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #80
Brendo_GSUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Meth is legal in certain guises like medication such as sudafed, pain inhibitors and sleeping pills but the drug even in a different (pseudo) form, in extremely low dosages and treated by professional chemists, yet people still get addicted to them.

If thats not enough evidence on how addictive they are then yeh you are not in touch with the facts, are in denial, or think "you have a handle on it" but the reality is thats a clear sign that its already started to alter your perception. People who did it casually 15 years ago are starting to show psychological problems like psychosys, dillusion issues, anger problems, depression, anxeity, cognitive issues, siezures just to name a few.

Marajuana is a gateway drug (one that leads to people taking other kinds of drugs) and if grown by dealers who add in other chemicals to enhance the effects causes psychosis.

So thats why they will never be legalized.

Anyone who has used the stuff, this is worth a read...

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...ethamphetamine

Im looking to swap my chrome roll bars and soft tonneau with the cut outs on my GS ute for just the normal FG FPV soft tonneau cover. Basically i want to do away with the chome bars

Im from Perth so it would be easier if someone from Perth is willing as well. I will drive to you as well.
Brendo_GSUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #81
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If Ice usage continues to grow at the rate it is, I guess by 2050 many people will be zombies if they continue to abuse it, theres your zombie apocalypse for you.

Some regions around Melbourne have an issue with needles being left everywhere in public toilets, the common sense thing to do would have needle dispensary boxes located in toilets for people to dispose of their needles into if they are going to shoot up in public toilets rather than leave them on the floor.

But it "looks bad", so the local councils would rather ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist then create a needle disposal policy and deal with the problem.

You probably won't stop people injecting in the toilets, but you can stop the majority of needles from being left on the floor through a simple measure, so why not try it?

Would you rather walk into the toilet and see a needle on the floor, or a needle box on the wall? Ideally you wouldn't want to see either but we live in the real world not the fantasy one so theres going to be needles in the toilet, its just where it is.

That is the problem we have, people would rather ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist because "it looks bad" rather than do the hard work, acknowledge it and find a solution to the problem. I've come across a few problems in life where it seems we've spent more time and effort in an attempt to conceal and hide something rather than look at the root cause of the problem and fix it.

Once we've got the needle box and the needles are inside, not on the floor, then we start working on how we stop people injecting in the first place as our end goal.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 09-11-2014 at 11:51 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #82
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

You don't have to try it, just knowing some one close to you who has used it is enough..... if you get my meaning.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #83
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Try working as a line worker where your mate is on hooch ..
You have to be kidding..
It's very dangerous..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #84
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mum used to work in Bunnings in Broadmeadows and there was a middle aged lady who used to come in with a ring of paint around her mouth and always buying spray cans, Mum thought she was some sort of clown for little kids

Then said middle aged lady stopped coming into Bunnings all of a sudden.

Middle aged lady died from her escapades.
I had a similar experience with two big Maori's and a skinny white guy while eating lunch at a park, chatting with them while they enjoyed their silver coke bottles.

My point was people will always find something to ruin their life with, education and safer alternatives are the only way to reduce the damage.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #85
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:

Wow...............
Old 10-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #86
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I guess in time something new will come along and people will forget about ice, just like herroin used to be a huge issue and now its faded off into the background, its there but not in the limelight anymore.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #87
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i smoke a pipe a day shoot me
i wouldnt touch that ice *****
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #88
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dont need to try it. Just like many substances, If people are willing to sell their *** for it, I try and avoid it. ( saving mine for the Scout reunion )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKst8BaPbc

Just a mild docco. Bambi in comparison to watch actually happens. If I had kids that were in their early teens, wouldnt hurt to have them watch something similar to this.

Skipping last class with your friends and having two Udl`s to be cool, or ripping a bong behind the paper-shed then either laughing at your teachers shoes for the next 2 hours, or the ant thats crawling across the table, will happen, but drugs like this and others, sometimes there`s no turning back after the first 'try'
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #89
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77 View Post
Epidemic in Perth? Please. Maybe in Armadale, Gosnells..
Maybe not an epidemic...but it is a serious problem. Plus the damage it is doing in regional communities is devastating.

Seen a few mates over the years nearly destroyed by meth, one fancied himself as some dealer kingpin, watched too many movies I think, I remember he bragged to me about him and another bloke smoked $5,000 worth of the stuff in one Saturday night, I said how can you comfortably boast about wasting that sort of money and your life on that? I remember once I went around his house and in his room he had an office desk and an office chair (remember the dealer kingpin dream) and he just casually pulled a house brick-sized block of meth out from his desk drawer and started scraping a small amount off it to smoke as I was sitting there, while he casually talked about something else. Mindboggling.

But it all catches up with you...I'm still surprised he didn't get raided by the Police, but he lost pretty much everything including his health and money because he was smoking too much of it and not selling enough so had huge debts, he's back on the straight and narrow now as far as I am aware, but not without some strong intervention from his family pretty much regulating every aspect of his life.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #90
cram_it_frog
wombat

smoked $5,000 worth of the stuff in one Saturday night,

so true but the big question is how did he pay for it through legit or ilegal means

much of the theft is all country's in because of the need for quick easy cash but drug users

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post