Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default The drug "Ice"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...=1415428360566
Was talking to a Policeman in regional Victoria a month ago. He said 85% of their work now involves dealing with "Ice" issues................ Scary Stuff.....

Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: The drug "Ice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...=1415428360566
Was talking to a Policeman in regional Victoria a month ago. He said 85% of their work now involves dealing with "Ice" issues................ Scary Stuff.....
Been like that for a long time, not new.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #3
superyob
Banned

The only way to stop this is for society to get rid of its moral paralysis and start hanging drug dealers...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Scary is the understatement.
People use it in place of sleep and to deal with life, or escape...

Is the ice addiction any different to all the alcohol abuse..??

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #5
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
As a former Ambo / Paramedic of 15 years, I would rather deal with an alcoholic
than an Ice Addict.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Its a full on epidemic in perth,most call it crack here although its not like crack in the us.
Ive lost a few mates because they are crackheads, i just cant have people like that in my life,it turns normal people into ******* idiots in quick time!
Crackheads always think you are the one with the problem because you erase them from your life lol
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #7
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
Scary is the understatement.
People use it in place of sleep and to deal with life, or escape...

Yes its different because its seen to not be socially acceptable by society, the government doesnt get to tax it and make their cut so they are dead against it...
Alcohol can ruin your life too it just takes longer.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I did a big spiel about drugs in the DM section a while back, I'll give you guys the quick lowdown of my opinion on "drugs".

Firstly when I went through high school from 2004-2009, there was absolutely no education on alcohol or "drugs". We did a few essays on the "alcopop tax" the Rudd government introduced in 2008 for English, but that was as far as it went. There was really no information or subject which covered tobacco, alcohol, drugs and their use in society or their effects etc.

If they had legalised, regulated and taxed the party drugs such as Marijuana and MDMA you could control it a little bit better and guarantee it hasn't been cut with any crap and maybe create an industry out of it to bring in some extra $$$ through regulation, licensing schemes and of course taxes.

When was the last time you saw someone who was stoned or on MDMA become aggressive and or hurt anyone?

I've seen plenty of incidents involving violent drunk people who abuse alcohol, there has been enough cases over the last 4 days alone of the Melbourne Cup Carnival where I work but it seems its socially acceptable to get totalled from alcohol.

Firstly they need to educate people about drugs a bit better, it seems most schools in Victoria just seem keen on teaching kids how to pass their NAPLAN tests so the school looks fantastic in the figures, rather than educating them on the outside world.

You cover Maths, English, trade subjects, PE, languages, various sciences but nothing on alcohol/drugs which are rather easy to obtain.

It should be mandatory to study the effects of various available drugs and their uses.

Then the Government needs to regulate it, so if people decide they do want to sample that they are getting clean stuff, not thats been cut with different chemicals to stretch out some profits and that they're not buying it from some douche in a nightclub, allow it to be handled by legitimate business.

The Government could do some form of licensing for companies to meet standards for the product, for example for a farmer to grow a crop of Marijuana or pharmaceutical company to make MDMA they would have to meet a particular set of standards.

With that licensing you'd need a new Government agency to enforce it, or extend the powers of another existing agency.

Now you need more people to work there - more jobs.

Taxing, well they could do something similar to alcohol and smokes, they could bring in some cash through licensing costs and then more $$$ through taxes on the end product on the shelf.

Controversial subject but we have to approach this with an open mind, I'm not saying we legalise stuff like Ice, Herroin and the hardcore stuff such as some of the methamphetamines but the Marijuana and MDMA (which I refer to as "party drugs") we could approach with an open mind, as really what we're doing now isn't working and there is an opportunity for the Government to make some more coin if they played their cards right.

The question is are we as a society ready to look at what is a taboo subject in a different light?

Alcohol has ruined many lives as well.

This is my 10 cents (my 2 cents is free).

Also just a random comment about methamphetamine users, have you ever worked with any before? You should see how quick they can work when they're on the gear, then how much it slows them down when they're off it, its like a night and day difference when you see a regular user when they're under the effects or just not using it on a particular day.

Some of the crew I used to work with used it.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 08-11-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #9
noddy383

The scariest thing about Ice is that it is so incredibly addictive.

Long-term abuse of any of these substances will kill you, but ice will have you hooked and out of control faster than can be imagined.

For me, the main difference between cigarette (which I abhor, but that another story)& alcohol and these hardcore drugs, is the dosages. With a single dose of ice or heroin, you're completely off your head. Booze and smokes take a while, and there is (theoretically) plenty of time to stop and say "That's enough for me". Don't get me wrong, I like a good night on the turps, but I always know to stop if it doesn't feel right, so it isn't all or nothing, like shooting up H.

Maybe the penalty for dealing should be ingesting all the product you possess. that way it gets the product of the streets and deals with the dealers as well. Now we just need to take care of the white collar crime laundering the money...
noddy383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 02:30 AM   #10
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
The only way to stop this is for society to get rid of its moral paralysis and start hanging drug dealers...
Yes...

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/swe...themovie1.html
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #11
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If we just smelt all the bikes out there their power trip will end and their peni will deflate back to reality size. Not a big stretch ditch the bikes/patches and the public attention goes away as does their power as a group.

Or to unstrayan to take bikes so take lives isntead?? Groups like Hells Angels and Coffin Cheaters are still allowed to operate as a club despite all their known associations and history... it's as simple as outlawing a criminal club really. Shouldn't be any need for extremes if the current laws were simply enforced.

Unlike many of my friends I avoided that ring but I'm fairly certain practically ALL the ice and pills in Melbourne come from these hard right ****s. It's shame they blatantly kill innocents to progress business/agenda because I've met some of the coffin cheaters once and they're the best blokes you'd ever meet, not scary just incredibly warm and kind people... but I don't believe in that right wing sympathy ****, everyday people die so they can profit.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 09-11-2014 at 02:50 AM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #12
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

A new approach is required.

If Gov't monitors the production and distribution (via medical prescription) of most drugs the quality is controlled, the sale can be taxed and all of a sudden the scum who peddle them don't have a job.

The politicians aren't capable of building the argument to try this approach.

The difference between legal and illegal drugs? Quality control in the production.

If you want to buy a pill in a night club, you may as well eat of the floor.

Oooh, have to go, F1 qualifying about to start.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #13
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The agenda against harmless drugs such as cannabis is evident here:

http://www.vice.com/read/leading-ant...drug-companies
http://www.ganjapreneur.com/painkill...ana-arguments/

As for government control it's a great idea for many reasons

http://www.newsweek.com/states-medic...drop-25-266577
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5863860.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xABHbQ-P0d4
http://www.think-mag.com/your-world/...ives-children/

It would appear public opinion through the media over the last decade has completely changed the perception on this once evil "drug". I remember only years ago it was known as a gateway drug that induced psychosis :O

With implicit articles such as: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0207165434.htm (all these articles display a link but wrongly suggest cannabis as cause of psychosis)
Here's the actual reason: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0624093320.htm (you could say they both use the same circuitry)
Similar concept to how alcoholism actually is an illness and not a habit: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1126123931.htm

Now if current professionals kept updated in their field instead of trusting their 1980's phd then we wouldn't need a $20 bil dollar medical fund to research problems that already have answers.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 09-11-2014 at 04:42 AM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #14
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Ice is the new Hammer, but it's easier and cheaper to get your hands on. It also turns people into to scum, that steal from their friends and family. Although people aren't usually violent on the hammer, but they are on that plastic smelling ****.

Last edited by XBROO; 09-11-2014 at 08:28 AM.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
bathurst-racer

Harmless drugs such as cannabis....
Party drugs......

Spend a day with me as I work in the prison system and deal with the people with cannabis related problems.

Spend the next day with me when I take a close friend to their Oncology treatment. If you can't handle watching people desperately clinging to life come with me to Hamilton hospital and visit my childhood friend who talks to his fourth dimension heavenly angels. He will gladly chat to you in between regularly having his soiled nappies changed by burly male nurses. I'm in my mid fifties and so many people I grew up with are dealing with issues which can be traced back to their drug abuse when they were younger.

Sure abuse me here online and roll out your quack supporting evidence but those amongst who didn't have drugs in our lives are successful while most of the users are either dead, ill or have nothing.
bathurst-racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I did a big spiel about drugs in the DM section a while back, I'll give you guys the quick lowdown of my opinion on "drugs".

Firstly when I went through high school from 2004-2009, there was absolutely no education on alcohol or "drugs". We did a few essays on the "alcopop tax" the Rudd government introduced in 2008 for English, but that was as far as it went. There was really no information or subject which covered tobacco, alcohol, drugs and their use in society or their effects etc.

If they had legalised, regulated and taxed the party drugs such as Marijuana and MDMA you could control it a little bit better and guarantee it hasn't been cut with any crap and maybe create an industry out of it to bring in some extra $$$ through regulation, licensing schemes and of course taxes.

When was the last time you saw someone who was stoned or on MDMA become aggressive and or hurt anyone?

I've seen plenty of incidents involving violent drunk people who abuse alcohol, there has been enough cases over the last 4 days alone of the Melbourne Cup Carnival where I work but it seems its socially acceptable to get totalled from alcohol.

Firstly they need to educate people about drugs a bit better, it seems most schools in Victoria just seem keen on teaching kids how to pass their NAPLAN tests so the school looks fantastic in the figures, rather than educating them on the outside world.

You cover Maths, English, trade subjects, PE, languages, various sciences but nothing on alcohol/drugs which are rather easy to obtain.

It should be mandatory to study the effects of various available drugs and their uses.

Then the Government needs to regulate it, so if people decide they do want to sample that they are getting clean stuff, not thats been cut with different chemicals to stretch out some profits and that they're not buying it from some douche in a nightclub, allow it to be handled by legitimate business.

The Government could do some form of licensing for companies to meet standards for the product, for example for a farmer to grow a crop of Marijuana or pharmaceutical company to make MDMA they would have to meet a particular set of standards.

With that licensing you'd need a new Government agency to enforce it, or extend the powers of another existing agency.

Now you need more people to work there - more jobs.

Taxing, well they could do something similar to alcohol and smokes, they could bring in some cash through licensing costs and then more $$$ through taxes on the end product on the shelf.

Controversial subject but we have to approach this with an open mind, I'm not saying we legalise stuff like Ice, Herroin and the hardcore stuff such as some of the methamphetamines but the Marijuana and MDMA (which I refer to as "party drugs") we could approach with an open mind, as really what we're doing now isn't working and there is an opportunity for the Government to make some more coin if they played their cards right.

The question is are we as a society ready to look at what is a taboo subject in a different light?

Alcohol has ruined many lives as well.

This is my 10 cents (my 2 cents is free).

Also just a random comment about methamphetamine users, have you ever worked with any before? You should see how quick they can work when they're on the gear, then how much it slows them down when they're off it, its like a night and day difference when you see a regular user when they're under the effects or just not using it on a particular day.

Some of the crew I used to work with used it.
It is true that alcohol has ruined many lives, but intake can be moderated by most people. With one hit of ice or other such drug, a person is off the planet.

Also, the modern day scourge of alcoholic violence has always been with us but not in the pandemic proportions afflicting society today. Back in the 80s most clubs shut at around 12 to 1 am and everyone went home to sleep it off. Now it seems the clubs are open 24 hours a day...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #17
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Ice is a threat to a countries sovereignty imo, we need a permanent hardcore crackdown on it until its wiped off the face of this planet. If the WOD is lost we will all be living in a world resembling Gotham City lite... Not the kind of world i want to bring my kids up in. Send in the commando's now!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #18
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i consider spotting crackies out and about a national sport

running around bunnos with fifteen things hanging out of each hand, under arms, chewing their charred stumpy lips off

just grab a trolley mate
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #19
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Many people say that marijuana is harmless and not addictive. I say rubbish.

I have seen first hand what it's affects are, from 3 family members, sure everybody handles things differently, but most addicts usually start with it

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #20
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
i consider spotting crackies out and about a national sport

running around bunnos with fifteen things hanging out of each hand, under arms, chewing their charred stumpy lips off

just grab a trolley mate
Yeah, but where did they get that money from...

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #21
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post

I have seen first hand what it's affects are, from 3 family members, sure everybody handles things differently, but most addicts usually start with it
it's just their bonged out brains telling themselves its all good just have another bong
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #22
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Yeah, but where did they get that money from...

cheers, Maka
obviously still at the recreational level and still holding down a job of some sort

dealer / pos skank feeding habits level already has all the stuff from bunnos you bought the other week

then got stolens
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #23
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post

Exactly, as with what Bathurst-Racer said, the long term affects are staggering. I have a mate who was a dope smoker for 10 years. Ten years after giving the stuff up he has serious anxiety issues not to mention manic depression......
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #24
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Exactly, as with what Bathurst-Racer said, the long term affects are staggering. I have a mate who was a dope smoker for 10 years. Ten years after giving the stuff up he has serious anxiety issues not to mention manic depression......
Buggerlugs, what was he like before the smoking, any underlying issues? I hope he's seeking professional help for any of his issues & gets well very soon.

cheers, Maka

Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #25
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pot and meth cannot be compared. Yes, too much cannabis will eventually fry your brain, especially is you started smoking it in your mid-teens ( I guess similar arguments can be made for tobacco and alcohol ) Your brain is still developing and it can lead all kinds of problems later in life. I`m not talking about people taking it in the cookie form for medicinal purposes either.

Grown naturally, some studies have shown that dope plants build up anti-cancer properties from exposure to the suns radiation, not from the THC content though.....wozza`s hydro set-up pumped with all kinds of chemicals, then mixed with tobacco to smoke is not healthy for you. If you believe that then I got an Aircraft Carrier I wanna sell ya.

Meth on the other hand, all it can take is one hit and its game over for you and anyone close to you. The addiction itself, the comedown, the decisions you make while under it`s influence, the effects on your health and any means necessary strategy to get your next fix puts it right up there with the worst of the worst.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #26
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
It is true that alcohol has ruined many lives, but intake can be moderated by most people. With one hit of ice or other such drug, a person is off the planet.

Also, the modern day scourge of alcoholic violence has always been with us but not in the pandemic proportions afflicting society today. Back in the 80s most clubs shut at around 12 to 1 am and everyone went home to sleep it off. Now it seems the clubs are open 24 hours a day...
Melbourne only just gets started at 12AM really these days if you want a night out in that sort of environment.

Go for a spin through Melbourne in the early hours of the morning on a Friday/Saturday and see the amount of people getting about everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst-racer View Post
Harmless drugs such as cannabis....
Party drugs......

Spend a day with me as I work in the prison system and deal with the people with cannabis related problems.

Spend the next day with me when I take a close friend to their Oncology treatment. If you can't handle watching people desperately clinging to life come with me to Hamilton hospital and visit my childhood friend who talks to his fourth dimension heavenly angels. He will gladly chat to you in between regularly having his soiled nappies changed by burly male nurses. I'm in my mid fifties and so many people I grew up with are dealing with issues which can be traced back to their drug abuse when they were younger.

Sure abuse me here online and roll out your quack supporting evidence but those amongst who didn't have drugs in our lives are successful while most of the users are either dead, ill or have nothing.
I'm not going to abuse you because you have a different opinion and or experiences to me.

Have a look in the USA where they've had a massive war on drugs for how many years, and all of a sudden some of the states have started to legalise marijuana.

Interesting turn of events if you look at their anti-drug efforts over the years.

When you use drugs recreationally no worries, but when you need a hit to get up to go to work in the morning its already game over.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #27
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least with booze or pot once you sober up your not going to stab your mother or your father or your best friend for money to get another fix.
I see the main problem as how do you change the mindset of people who feel the need to try these insane hard core drugs in the first place.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #28
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
At least with booze or pot once you sober up your not going to stab your mother or your father or your best friend for money to get another fix.
I see the main problem as how do you change the mindset of people who feel the need to try these insane hard core drugs in the first place.
Education, I don't really see any other option, start teaching kids about them rather than the whole "ignore it and hope they don't use it" thing going on everywhere at the moment.

The "smokers seats" at Gisborne Secondary College have a lot to answer for, thats how the kids got into smoking or sampling drugs.

Peer pressure, wonderful thing isn't it?
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #29
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Buggerlugs, what was he like before the smoking, any underlying issues? I hope he's seeking professional help for any of his issues & gets well very soon.

cheers, Maka
No Maka, good as gold. But over those 10 years on the dope he was an extremely "Regular" user......
Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #30
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

way back a bodgy mate was knocking up some slop out of vitamin b and brake cleaner

local junkies all went crazy for it - literally

much lols to this day about it

*and no it wasnt me