Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 24-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Tilley Racing
Call us! 02 99386293

Default Tilley Racing Track Day ~ 28-May-2012

Hi guys, thought I'd put this in here, we want to get as many people here to the day as possible.

Hello Everyone!

Tilley's is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a track day at Wakefield Park Raceyway on the 28th May 2012. It's a Monday, so take a much needed day off work and create a long weekend for yourself, especially when you can spend it like this!

Points for the day;
  • Brad and Cameron Tilley will both be there to help out with any queries you might have. As track days can be daunting the first time you head out, both Cameron and Brad will be available for driver training. Get them in your passenger seat and learn from years and years of experience.
  • I'm getting together some 'celebrity forum' cars together for the event as well. GTP370 will have his Twin Turbo GT-P there (it will be finished by then I believe), I'll be bringing my BA MKII GT-P (I'm Wild Inc. by the way), Grum will have his 330+rwkw ute (quadcams' old ute) there, and there are a few others which will hopefully be in attendance.
  • At this stage, and this is subject to change, both the famous green XY GT that Brad drives in the Touring Car Masters, as well as the Blue BOSS Mustang that Cameron drives will be there doing testing for the up coming Phillip Island round. These cars are brillant to watch, and what better way to complement your track day with these two cars testing at the same time!
  • The format for the day will be very casual, depending on numbers confirmed, we plan to have the pit lane open the majority of the day, with a limit of 15 cars on the track at one time. There will more detail on this closer to the event, but just keep in mind we are having this for you guys, so you can get your Ford out there and have some fun.
  • Extra costs, you will need to purchase a Full Day License from Wakefield unless you have a Cams L2S license, in which case you won't need to buy anything. You can also purchase lunch at the cafe there if you wish. You will need full length clothing and a helmet as well.

If you want to come and drive your car on the race track, please put your name on this page and PM me here or send me an email at tilleyauto@gmail.com and I'll fill you in on the account details and fill any other questions you may have.

Thanks and we hope to see you all there,
Gab @ TilleyRacing

Phone: 02 9938 6293
Email: tilleysauto@hotmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Tilley-Racing/102975629757371
Tilley Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Tilley Racing Track Day ~ 28-May-2012

This will be a great day out with hopefully a lot of awesome B-Series cars on the track. Heck, we already have over 1000rwkw of B-Series muscle!

For the beginners or first timers, don't be put off or worried about mixing it with more seasoned drivers/cars. The day will usually run in groups containing drivers/cars of the same level. There will also be professional drivers/instructors on hand to assist or answer any questions. Gab, Paul or myself will also be happy to talk B-Series cars and offer any advice we can.

Gab and myself will also be staying in town on the Sunday night. If there are few B-Series members attending, it might be a good idea to have a bit of a meet up over dinner and drinks? Goulburn is always fun with a group of enthusiasts. Rooms are very reasonable in town, ($90 a night for a two bed room @ the Bakehouse if you mention you are racing at Wakefield) and a great place to take the family for a short break whilst you have some fun in a safe environment.

Cheers Greg

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

I'm rostered on to work but I will try some persuasion techniques on the boss to see of I can get some time off.
Would love to try this for the first time.
How much is the day lisence from wakefeild?
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Grum

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You can buy a $50 licence that will cover you at Wakefield Park for 12 months. Not sure how they price it for <12 months.

You can also rent helmets at the track, however I would strongly advise that these are booked asap as they are limited.

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Old 25-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Wild Inc.
GT-P, GT, GT3.

Yep, what Grum said.
Be great to meet you SIMBAD, our GT-P's will be pretty close to each other I reckon.
Wild Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

So $50 for a 12 month licence sounds good to me.. Actually cheaper than I would of thought..
Also I'm buying a helmet as I don't think I would enjoy wearing a rental helmet.. Are there any rules for that but? Certain types of helmets? Like full face, open faced motorbike helmets? Or just as long as they comply with the australian standards?
Also with clothing, just a long sleeve shirt and long pants (tracksuit or jeans) and closed shoes fine I take it?
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
Old 25-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Tilley Racing
Call us! 02 99386293

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBAD
So $50 for a 12 month licence sounds good to me.. Actually cheaper than I would of thought..
Also I'm buying a helmet as I don't think I would enjoy wearing a rental helmet.. Are there any rules for that but? Certain types of helmets? Like full face, open faced motorbike helmets? Or just as long as they comply with the australian standards?
Also with clothing, just a long sleeve shirt and long pants (tracksuit or jeans) and closed shoes fine I take it?
With the helmet, it must be carry an australia standard AS/NZS1698 sticker, which the absolute vast majority of helmets on sale have. Style of helmet doesn't matter, the guys at Wakefield just make sure you've got the helmet on when you leave the pits and thats good enough for them.

Clothing; you have to have long sleeve top and long sleeve bottoms, and closed shoes. So jeans and a jumper will be fine.

Old 25-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
Grum

Yes, clothing is as simple as long sleeve, long pants and closed shoes. With the current cold weather, you will probably be wearing more than that. I heard it was a fresh 8*c on track on Monday.

As for helmet, IIRC it must be Aus standard approved for track work. In most cases the helmet rules are slightly more relaxed for amature motorsport than at the local drag strip. I would suggest a search to check the current regs covering Drag requirements to guarantee you purchase a helmet that covers both to ensure best value.

FWIW, I bought a helmet from a local bike shop for $60 that meets all the standards but I do wear a nomex balaclava underneath.

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Old 25-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Inc.
Yep, what Grum said.
Be great to meet you SIMBAD, our GT-P's will be pretty close to each other I reckon.
Would be good to meet u guys too! Hopefully I can get off work.. Haven't had a couple of sickies for quite a long time! Lol
Our cars close? I'm not so sure.. Your tein suspension and 4.11 truetracs would put your car a fair way in front.. Plus experience lol
Riding shotgun with you though would be pretty awesome but I reckon.
That experience might just make me hurry up and change my diff gears

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 25-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grum
Yes, clothing is as simple as long sleeve, long pants and closed shoes. With the current cold weather, you will probably be wearing more than that. I heard it was a fresh 8*c on track on Monday.

As for helmet, IIRC it must be Aus standard approved for track work. In most cases the helmet rules are slightly more relaxed for amature motorsport than at the local drag strip. I would suggest a search to check the current regs covering Drag requirements to guarantee you purchase a helmet that covers both to ensure best value.

FWIW, I bought a helmet from a local bike shop for $60 that meets all the standards but I do wear a nomex balaclava underneath.
Ok sweet! That's exactly how much the fellas hear at our local bike shop said a basic helmet would cost me.
With weather I think it only topped 8* here today! Was a bloody fresh miserable day here but!

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 25-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Hopefully we will get the numbers. As it will be a great day out, to catch up and give our cars are well deserved run.

These days are very well organised. It's all about having fun and driving within your own comforts.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
Grum

Quote:
With weather I think it only topped 8* here today! Was a bloody fresh miserable day here but!
Perfect weather for a track day! I always look forward to a winter wakefield day for this reason. Clean crisp air really brings out the best in a Boss!

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Old 25-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Perfect weather for a track day! I always look forward to a winter wakefield day for this reason. Clean crisp air really brings out the best in a Boss!
Yep, last time I went out was in the winter months. It was an Autotech event last year. Got there pretty early in the morning and it was freaking freezing. And that's saying a lot coming from Wellington, NZ! Having said that it was blue sky and perfect day for booting around the track in the AMG. Loved it.
Old 25-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
Clean crisp air I'd say!! Usually blows a gale up there through golburn tho doesn't it

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 25-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP370
Yep, last time I went out was in the winter months. It was an Autotech event last year. Got there pretty early in the morning and it was freaking freezing. And that's saying a lot coming from Wellington, NZ! Having said that it was blue sky and perfect day for booting around the track in the AMG. Loved it.
Lol, you should be right! Actually I work with an old kiwi and hes told me stories when he and his friends used to walk to school they would race to the freshest cow paddy to stick their feet in to warm them up a bit! Haha
We could be looking around for you and your car for some time only to find you turning up wearing cow dung shoes to tough out the cold

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 25-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Quote:
Lol, you should be right! Actually I work with an old kiwi and hes told me stories when he and his friends used to walk to school they would race to the freshest cow paddy to stick their feet in to warm them up a bit! Haha
We could be looking around for you and your car for some time only to find you turning up wearing cow dung shoes to tough out the cold
LOL- your kiwi mate, must have been a country man.

Hopefully we'll see you at Wakefield next month!
Old 25-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

The List
1. Wild Inc.
2. GTP370
3. Grum
4. data_mine
Old 07-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
Tilley Racing
Call us! 02 99386293

Righto Guys,

We're getting down to crunch time now, we are starting to get some numbers from our existing clients and it would be great to have a group of poeple from the forums help add to great already putting their name down. If you have any questions, just post it up or PM me, and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks and hope to see you there on the day,
Gab @ TilleyRacing

Old 27-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Hey guys, what time do yas think you'll be finnishing up?

I dont know if I can make it as I've got a funeral to go to tomorrow..

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER