Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #31
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New 1969 Boss Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
That was looked into some years ago, there's mention of it here somewhere in a distant thread, but unfortunately the guys pushing for it couldn't get no where near the numbers required to make it viable to have them built, that was through Dynacorn...

There's quite a few 'builders' in the US that will put together a new 60/70s Mustang and a few other 60's and 70's muscle cars for you, but i think Dynacorn pretty much supply all of them, i don't know of another, maybe solarite_guy does?
Cheers DJR, I recall that now that you mention it. With quite a few Coupes heading to the US and the XBoss build I wonder if it might get reviewed by Dynacorn? The more new body Stangs getting pumped out just maybe a market might be created for something different like a Lhd XB coupe?. Likely not I guess. As you say I doubt the market over here would ever be able to support such a project on its on its own.. Is strange, serious resto guys will pay 5 figures for a hand made coupe quarter but the wider market won’t support the numbers to make a repro viable. I wonder if Dynacorn will ever venture into the OZ market (apart from common parts) or are they busy enough ?

What I do like about the new bodies is how cool would it be to have a race series dedicated to the new shells. I mean serious level stuff . I love our Touring Car Masters series, but the vintage metal getting used up is a bit of a shame, I cringe every time one gets bent. Maybe Dynacorn should sponsor the series? Licence to print money making new shells!

Last edited by XByoot; 21-04-2018 at 11:37 AM.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #32
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
Those GT40s with the John Wyre Gulf paint scheme are about as sexy as a car can be.

A red or yellow Ferarri P3 is in the same category.
What an era.it was like the movie “the right stuff” with cars. Dangerous , seriously fast and drivers that had a big hairy errr well you know what.
That Gulf scheme amazing, tell someone to put those colours together and they would think your crazy, but man, it worked

Sorry for the rant mate... I’m off now to dream about fitting a turbo Barra in a 2017 eco boost Mustang! Ford missed the boat with that one, if they sold that in the US the tuner crowd would have obliterated the LS boys!

Last edited by XByoot; 21-04-2018 at 11:42 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2018, 10:43 PM   #33
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
These folks will sell you one for $18,499 USD.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn...k-1969/p/69FB/

Bargain!!! seems they have body parts for a few models how the hell do they do it
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2018, 04:08 AM   #34
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 69 Boss Repro's

https://www.bossisback.net
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #35
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: 69 Boss Repro's

Looks like another alloy block candidate.

....ohhhh, now looking at that picture, I do not recall the original Boss 429 heads being painted from the factory?

Last edited by solarite_guy; 22-04-2018 at 08:45 AM.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Threads merged
Old 22-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #37
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome that they make new shells. The build quality on the new shells are proababy better with new technology. Panel fit and finish on 60s and 70s fords is shocking factory.
78xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #38
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I will have a new one of these please.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #39
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 on the Mopar!
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #40
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’ll take the Stang and you two can sort out the Mopar between you
Amazing, a 429 Boss is about the same size as a 5.4 Mod. Then stroke the 429!
Old 22-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #41
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they might make more than one so myself and arronm can go hunting mustangs
Old 22-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #42
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
I think they might make more than one so myself and arronm can go hunting mustangs
No worries, nothing wrong with aiming high

I reckon with either of those cars your with a winner!

Last edited by XByoot; 22-04-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 23-04-2018, 03:19 PM   #43
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
That’s pretty good value in the big scheme of things! Are they the Dynacorn bodies? Pay shop rates over here for a full body resto to get your average 50 year old car even close to this and you’ll be paying significantly more than that. The aftermarket business for these cars is so huge I’m sure there is practically every part available for a brand new Mustang. Plus the added advantage of doing your own individual build without sacrificing an original survivor car if that’s the direction you want to go in. The market is certainly here for certain OZ car body parts, they sell pretty well and are usually decent things, so who knows, one day with the popularity of the Falcon Coupes even in the states we may see a new XB hardtop shell...but I won’t hold my breath! Personally I think the 69/70 Mustang was the iconic shape and just looks plain and simple spot on from every angle. I can see the business reason for a all new shell... as for that GT40, purely iconic. The shape still holds up against any modern supercar, actually it beats them hands down! But that’s what the GT40 always did!
No point doing it here, because our regulations don't allow these reproduction shells to be registered because they don't come with a factory vin. They do allow it in the US though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2018, 03:21 PM   #44
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

What about the ones done under license from the factory as continuation models, which have a factory recognized continuation VIN?
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #45
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can imagine some very dodgy front cuts arriving to satisfy the vin requirement.
Old 23-04-2018, 04:08 PM   #46
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
What about the ones done under license from the factory as continuation models, which have a factory recognized continuation VIN?
As far as I know the cars would have to comply with our ADR's, so would need full emissions compliance etc. So I would say no. But i'm no expert on this.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #47
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
No point doing it here, because our regulations don't allow these reproduction shells to be registered because they don't come with a factory vin. They do allow it in the US though.
Neither do the Cobra/GT40 kit cars and new build hot rods, you can do it but it's not cheap....

i know the guys looking into getting the hardtops built had already sorted that problem out, but it was the numbers that put the brakes on the venture, not the legalities of rego......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #48
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As far as I know the cars would have to comply with our ADR's, so would need full emissions compliance etc. So I would say no. But i'm no expert on this.
I'm no expert either hence my questions, and the ADR's are a big read..

my thoughts were surely the Americans have similar ADR's there must be some loophole.

similarly to Kit cars being registered as Hotrods.

I know form some of the shows I watch California have very strict and complicated regulations, a lot of older cars don't meet emission's standards so cannot be driven there.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #49
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Neither do the Cobra/GT40 kit cars and new build hot rods, you can do it but it's not cheap....

i know the guys looking into getting the hardtops built had already sorted that problem out, but it was the numbers that put the brakes on the venture, not the legalities of rego......
Need to be registered as individually constructed vehicles? Which means a million hoops to jump through.

Plus an engine that passes emissions from the year of construction? Pretty sure the kit cars need engineer approval at various points of the build too.

All sorts of things a rusty old shell doesn't require.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #50
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Need to be registered as individually constructed vehicles? Which means a million hoops to jump through.

Plus an engine that passes emissions from the year of construction? Pretty sure the kit cars need engineer approval at various points of the build too.

All sorts of things a rusty old shell doesn't require.
For sure, more hoops than I’m willing to do at this stage in life, but there are those that are willing to go the miles to get it done so more power to them

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #51
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There were some new bodies ( I think they were 67’s) being built up here some time ago. I’d say some would be done but now. As to exactly how I’m not sure but there’s more than one way to skin a cat.