Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 02-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
H4ZE
Cannonballin'.

Default One-off brake rotors.

Hi Race Brakes,

I'm in the process of redoing the brakes on my 1985 Mazda E1800/Ford Spectron van.

The rotors (DBA part numbers 632A and 632B) Only appear to be available in standard guise. I have heard of them making "one off" sets with slots cut into the faces of the rotors.

So I guess the question is- Can DBA make a set of slotted rotors when they are commercially unavailable? And if so, am I able to obtain a set to suit my application?

Thanks in advance.
Ben
Sold: 1991 LTD
H4ZE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: One-off brake rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ZE View Post
Hi Race Brakes,

I'm in the process of redoing the brakes on my 1985 Mazda E1800/Ford Spectron van.

The rotors (DBA part numbers 632A and 632B) Only appear to be available in standard guise. I have heard of them making "one off" sets with slots cut into the faces of the rotors.

So I guess the question is- Can DBA make a set of slotted rotors when they are commercially unavailable? And if so, am I able to obtain a set to suit my application?

Thanks in advance.
Ben
If they have the rotors it is possible they could slot them for you and i am unsure of this but some of the early models with the hubs attached to the rotors were hard to get access to to slot because the hub was so large. I can ask them for you if you wish.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
H4ZE
Cannonballin'.

Thanks FLOORED, I'd appreciate it greatly if you could look into it.

As you've mentioned, these rotors incorporate the hubs and the wheels are attached with bolts instead of studs- along with reverse threads on one side hence the separate part numbers for left and right.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks FLOORED, I'd appreciate it greatly if you could look into it.

As you've mentioned, these rotors incorporate the hubs and the wheels are attached with bolts instead of studs- along with reverse threads on one side hence the separate part numbers for left and right.
No stock and they dont do them i even looked at RDA rotors and they have std stock but no slotting sorry.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 08-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
H4ZE
Cannonballin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED View Post
No stock and they dont do them i even looked at RDA rotors and they have std stock but no slotting sorry.
Wow, that's very surprising to hear. I guess I have to decide now whether to just go without slotted rotors or possibly convert hubs from 4-6 stud.
Will DBA make more of the standard replacement discs or have they simply removed these rotors from the catalogue entirely?
Again, appreciate the responses, FLOORED.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Wow, that's very surprising to hear. I guess I have to decide now whether to just go without slotted rotors or possibly convert hubs from 4-6 stud.
Will DBA make more of the standard replacement discs or have they simply removed these rotors from the catalogue entirely?
Again, appreciate the responses, FLOORED.
No longer doing them and slotting is to hard as you can't get the tooling in there properly.

Phone 02 9609 1101