Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fog lights?

cant remember who it was or what thread it was under but a fiesta owner told me they were about to instal foglights into their lx fiesta.
Whoever it is, how did it go. give us a few details because im planning to do this aswell.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
lotsy
Feisty

Only installed the switch so far still trying to get myh bonnet cable fixed.

Last edited by lotsy; 12-02-2005 at 11:09 PM. Reason: was in a bad mood
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2005, 11:45 PM   #3
WASACL
Phat-Euro

How did you end up going with the foggies? Did you get the right (or should i say left! :P) ones this time?

Russ
Old 17-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

how much did it cost you for the setup?
did you buy the proper ford light switch or is it just a aftermarket one?
Old 18-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
lotsy
Feisty

Every thing was bought from ford but I have to wait another 3 weeks for the right bezzel i am getting really annoyed. Also my bonnet still isn't fixed - they were supposed to call when the part came in but of course they didn't, so I am hoping it will be done tomorrow.

The lx is already wired up for the lights - when I rigged up the switch a light for the front fog lamps comes up on the dash along side the rear light, simple things amuse small minds

Pricing - Your looking at roughly

$100.00 each - Fog Lamps
$90.00 - Switch
$35.00 each - Bezel
Old 18-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

so we dont need the wiring harness or whatever its called?
Old 19-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
lotsy
Feisty

To the switch no, all the wires are in place it's just a matter of using small enough tools and working your way around to the screws in the back.
Old 19-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #8
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

nice so how much longer is it going to take you do complete?

maybe you could take a couple pics and write up a bit of a instruction to do help list thing!!
does the light attach perfectly into the new bezel? or do you need to do a bit of D.I.Y reinforcing to make sure the light doesnt fall out?
Old 20-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
lotsy
Feisty

As I said as soon as the correct replacment part comes in it'll be fitted. As for photo's no can do - busted camera and no digital camera.

Everything fits in place though there are two top plastic plates that I have to drill holes into (behind the bumper) to be able to screw the lights in place, and I have to create a small loom from the radiator to the lights, no biggie.

The bezzels don't hold the fog lights they just sit on three plates attached to the bumper. Every thing is secure.