Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-01-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Post First service

Far out, seems as though when we moved to ff.au we lost a few people along the way.
Anyway i went for my first service (3000km) today. Not impressed with customer service at all, i asked them to do several things like check the battery which has been acting up lately, see if anything is wrong with the bootlid release button because very very occasionaly it doesnt work.
Also i said the drive by wire throttle wasnt responsive ( i did this because it wasnt working properly and plus i wanted the updated software ) also i wanted a head light alignment.
They simply said there is nothing wrong with the boot button and stated the obvious saying that u have to press the control button twice (already knew that one) They also said there was nothing wrong with my headlights, i said yes there is there all over the place, so they checked them again and said yes they are out of place lol.
Plus when i got there i asked the chief mechanic about the drive by wire throttle and he had no clue what i was talking about .... he goes umm wait a sec, runs off to another mechanic and comes back and goes ohh yeah so whats wrong with this throttle.. dumb :

but anyway i have it back now and i think the software has made a difference, the throttle feels good and its got more grunt and response. Anyone else had a similar experience?
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
Kymera

with my focus when i had it serviced i asked them to fix my drivers side air vent as the plastic piping had come loose under the dash...so instead of air coming out of the vent it was just pumping into the dash. when i got it back the bill said they had tested all vents and found nothing wrong with any of them....guess they didn't test them to see if air comes out huh. anyway i left and fixed it myself.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
whippet_zetec
Supes

when ever I have any problems with my cars I take the time to physically show the people at the dealer the problem, make sure they know exactly what I am talking about and make sure they understand my expectations....and if I get back and find that the issue hasnt been rectified I just go back in the following week and show them again and re-book it in for some work.
Old 19-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I just dont understand how they could be so stupid as to think they can fool people into believing there is nothing wrong, "tested all vents" sounds like they make it out to be some sort of science. I get so angry in situations like this, you buy a car and there so nice to you when you hand over the money, but as soon as you come to get a couople VERY small things fixed they treat you like your an idiot and try to fool you.
PLUS they leave greasy, oily feral handprints all over your car,
Im happy i asked them not to detail it, have any of you guys seen the way some of the detailers treat the cars and their paintwork :| may aswell rub it down with sandpaper.
Old 20-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Mitch...so the software updates make a difference. Suppose I could just go into Ford and get my ecu updated. That should be a no cost thing?
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

if you go in and tell them you have lost some throttle response and the car refuses to rev sometimes and tell them its most likely software related then it should be free.
I was actualy having trouble with my throttle before so the update made a big diff imo, but maybe yours doesnt need it, might aswell t
Old 20-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

sorry my kitten walked accross the keyboard and pressed a button and it posted my unfinished sentence!! :P

*Might aswell try it*
Old 23-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

No problems....Do you know what they have changed in the software update?

One thing mine does do is that when I press the throttle hard, it makes a whoosh noise, as it opens...it is a little delayed. Is this normal? Never had a drive-by-wire car so I don't know
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Mine does that too, its just air sucking in.
Thats the bad thing about drive by wire, when you press the throttle it doesnt have instant response, the software improved it slightly for me as i was having problems when the car was actualy stalling because there was no throttle response, all of that is sorted now though
Old 25-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
superal

I just took my fiesta for its first service, had a few problems for them to sort like panel falling off LOL but my fiesta started to cut out too...WHILST DRIVING....how dangerous. So i told them and told them throttle response was **** poor.....so they have totally recofigerated the ecu...and i swear when i picked it up last night i couldn't believe the difference.....man it really goes now....wheel spun it to shit, loved it.
The mechanic said when there is a problem like that they just totally reconfigure the ecu, no questions asked and it is new soft wear...so to everyone who wants a little more power just go into ford and say your car keeps cutting out whilst driving and they'll do....I know im not suposed to say this but i raced a new mazda 323 off the lights and i took off like shit of a shovel..... i mean it caught me eventually but coulnt match the inital dead start....I LOVE ITTTTTT..........
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hahaha told you guys so ;)