Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 20-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 
Default keep getting logged out

now iv started using a laptop to view the forums I have to log in everytime I want to use it
if I leave it sitting for 20mins and try to open another thread I have to log in again
when I used to use a pc I was always logged in
any ideas please? its very annoying

Old 20-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: keep getting logged out

Do you tick the remember me box when you log in?

That should solve the problem

Cheers
Col
Old 20-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

yep doesn't do anything
Old 20-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Oxa384

my pc always logs me out after 20mins or so its very annoying,would also like a fix
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I used to have the same issue. I cleared out my internet cache (temp internet files) signed in clicking the remember me box and have not had to sign back in since. Perhaps it has something to do with your interwebz cookies.

Cheers
Col
Old 20-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not real big on computers I have no clue
Old 20-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Is this a new computer Simon? Do you have a setting in explorer called private browsing or do not track?

If you have Firefox give that a go.
Old 20-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how would I check the settings chris
its a new lap top
Old 20-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

When you have explorer open click on Tools, then Internet Options.
Go to the Privacy Tab. Click on sites and add http://fordforums.com.au
Old 20-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get to internet options but cant find sites any where
Old 20-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
JG33RD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you click on the privacy tab you should see, sites import advanced, just below the level setting.
JG33RD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

I knew there was another thread on this issue, so after a quick search I found it. Here is a step by step on log in issues and how to fix them.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...91#post4516291

Cheers
Col