Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 13-07-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Skid Pan + Track Time

Hi all

I have been made aware that some people don’t actually go to the Qld events section (AFF) of this forum.. so decided I should make a thread here to inform you about our next main event.

This is September... yes I know the club has the Glen Innes weekend and will take that into consideration in deciding the final date (if there is enough interest from within the club)..

I know we all went to Gympie not so long ago.. but can we ever really have too many days like that!!! :

There is going to be a skid pan and track time day. Numbers will basically set the cost. This day is going to be catered. You will be able to buy drinks but there will be a free BBQ.

What I need you to do, is go to this section

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...2&page=1&pp=25

And put your name on the list if you are interested in joining us.

Then if you wouldn’t mind, go to here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56070

And vote for the best possible date that would please you….

As soon as numbers are up a bit the price will be announced..

This is just an expression of interest..

Thanks

Kerri

fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
XRNIL8

G'day Fiery and g'day Ford Fans everywhere ..... lol

As Kerry knows, we at the Cooloola Car Club in Gympie have been holding Motorkhana's for over 14 years at the Roadcraft Driver Education Centre.

These events up until this year have been run under an agreement between the club and the owners of the facility. A recent change in Management and a review of agreements and policies has shown that our agreement was incorrectly relying on the facilities Insurance for Public Liability.

Jsmilie:

As of 2007, the Cooloola Car Club will be running these events under a completely new agreement, with a focus on improving the quality of our events and the safety aspect as well.

This has come about due to our club gaining Public Liability Insurance and Affiliation through AASA, Australian Auto-Sports Alliance which is a Division of Winton Raceway and the Benalla Auto Club (feel free to correct me if incorrect).

Our events will certainly continue well into the future and we plan to increase the availability of our events in the coming years, so that we may hold 6 events per year.

I am well into the wonderful job of developing our documentation .... health and safety models, emergency response and first aid, event reports by Instructors and Event Directors and so on ....... what a great job :

Once we have finalised all of our plans and sponsors for this new year, we will notify you all via this Forum and our own as to what the dates for the new events will be.

Many Thanks for your support with orevious events and we look forward to seeing you at our events in 2007.

Daryl

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
XRNIL8

G'day all,

Just an update with our Motorkhana events, in 2007 you must be the holder of a CAMS or AASA licence to enter, we have just had our insurance arrangements sorted out and this is one issue that we cannot change.

AASA recognise CAMS licences and as this is an event covered by AASA, you can hold either licence. AASA charge $50 for the year for their licence ... visit www.aasa.com.au for an application form or if you prefer, go to the CAMS website. 4:

No licence, no entry. ing_sm

Spectators will remain free to come and watch for 2007. We only ask that you buy food and drinks from the venue to help keep entry free. Prices are very good, we don't charge the fortune that you pay for food and drink at some places, where you also pay entry .....

I will be addidng dates for next years events on Monday as with all the other details you will want to know and if you are lucky, you may find your photo in Queensland Street Car Magazine in 2007. We will be providing this premier magazine with an article and photo's after each event for consideration for publishing. These pics will be of entrants cars, spectators cars and spectators .....

Cheers
Daryl. :

(the first date has been confirmed as being March 25th 2007)

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post