Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #721
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
4 , Happy to have a joker on site, my how things have changed on building sites in the 35 years I've been at it, there are so many sad, sensitive types now.
It's funny when you go on a new site and the young ones invite you to have lunch with them only to find them sitting around in silence staring at their phones, facebooking and tweeting no doubt. Seems they would rather talk to someone in another place than the guy next to them.

Working for myself I'll usually only take a short break for lunch (around 11am) and knock off earlier.
Mate, I honestly dont think my time as an apprentice was bad at all, words are words and I can dodge a set of pliers that are aimed at my knees. But you are right, the young entitled people for some reason always need to know what everybody else is doing and take more interest in that then focusing on the task at hand.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #722
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Mate, I honestly dont think my time as an apprentice was bad at all, words are words and I can dodge a set of pliers that are aimed at my knees. But you are right, the young entitled people for some reason always need to know what everybody else is doing and take more interest in that then focusing on the task at hand.
Yeah, I never regretted anything from my apprenticeship either, damn tough, I had 6 different Mastermasons' trying to teach me their way was the only way to do things and in a time during the Falklands war where I was between 2 Argentinians fighting with the 3 Irish and English masons.
It was a regular United Nations at work but because of this an apprentice would develop their own way of doing things as a combination of the different cultures.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #723
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yeah, I never regretted anything from my apprenticeship either, damn tough, I had 6 different Mastermasons' trying to teach me their way was the only way to do things and in a time during the Falklands war where I was between 2 Argentinians fighting with the 3 Irish and English masons.
It was a regular United Nations at work but because of this an apprentice would develop their own way of doing things as a combination of the different cultures.
An apprentice does things the way the tradesman says and when they earn their wings then they can decide how they do things. Like myself, working under a few people you do it their way and when your time is done you can either adopt a method or create your own. Either way you will come across some form of hostility but that's just the game. I'm not an old bloke however the old school is what I was taught so a roll of string and a plumb bob is my method to get it done right. Can't argue with gravity. I hate gravity.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #724
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I stood on the bathroom scales and for the first time in ages it showed under rather than over 90 kg. No fancy diets, just put less food in my mouth.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #725
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to wreckers after work today to look at the B series calipers for sale. On the way there & back, I went through three different police traps. One was a roadside camera, two was a HWP waiting for illegal U turn & three was another HWP waiting at the bottom of a long declining two lane rd, great for speeding. Not normally superstitious but today being Friday 13th, I thought I should take it easy just in case, and not take any short cuts. I am glad I listened to my instinct or it could have been a very expensive day.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #726
Kicking back

Simply being able to rev up my manager by saying 'arent you done yet mate?'. Yesterday my apprentice and I got half a job done because crusty old street lights dont come off as easy as new ones go on. We had 1 drill between us. All I copped yesterday was the whole surely it cant be that hard. I had a service call to attend so I went to sort that and my manager and apprentice hit the last half of the job but had my drill and my managers drill, and when I got back after 7 hours had passed there was still a heap to do. So anyrate offed my apprentice to go do something meaningless and me and my manager were high fiving light fittings drilling them from both ends as opposed to taking turns like you have to with 1 drill and got it done. So the same amount of work got done with 2 people for 5 hours and my input for 3 hours. And there was no downtime like yesterday when the scissor lift broke down.
So sometimes it can be that hard.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #727
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

7 x 13 = 28

solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #728
Kicking back

Crap food done properly.
I will elaborate. So early this morning I picked the apprenti up and theres a bakey/hot bread shop there. The ham and cheese croissants are brilliant. Crap croissant, stingy amount of ham and a Kraft single on top. Bang that sucker in the microwave and they are the best start to the morning.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #729
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Two years ago I had to buy a new leaf blower (tool of trade) after the Stihl one I was using started to make some rather nasty noises. The guy at the dealer winced when I demonstrated the issue and told me it was dead. Purchased a new one then and there and chucked the old one in the shed.

Ever since, it has been on my "one day" list to take the thing to pieces to see what had broken, simply out of curiosity. It sounded like a bearing had collapsed or something broken deep inside.

Well today, after all of 15 min with a socket and screwdriver, the thing is going again. After a bit of Youtube research, it turns out these machines have a habit of vibrating loose three screws that sit behind the flywheel, eventually grinding on the flywheel and finally stopping the whole thing from rotating. Took the fly wheel off, re tightened the offending screw, put it back together, a splash of fresh fuel and off she went.

Really pleased with myself at this moment because this particular machine was a bit of freak unit, being somewhat stronger and happier to rev than others I have used.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2018, 01:20 AM   #730
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
Watching my neighbour trip over the garden hose in our shared front garden,it made my day,flat on her face,lol.
Drunk at 5:30am,what a lost cause,she's been fined and in court by Watercorp WA,they videoed and took photo's and warned her,about water abuse!
So now she does it in the pitch black,silly woman!
Definitely not the full quid,but I don't feel sorry for her,in fact I laughed my head off,the futility of it,its been raining for days too!
She didn't hurt herself,its all soft stuff,but it made my day!

Cheers Billy.

Last edited by slowsnake; 18-07-2018 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add bit.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #731
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hi all, i just recieved a invitation from Carnoustie Golf Links in Scotland to become a member of their historic & world famous golf club lol!! To all golfers around the globe, this club is very special & a must play/visit if in Britain.

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/go...e-championship

To say im happy is a understatement - many thanks go out to my golf friends in England & Scotland for making it happen!! 🏌⛳

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #732
slowsnake
Banned

Just found out that my desexed male cat is a poofter!

So why did it make my day?

He was the daddy, he was humping my neighbours male desexed cat, lol,,hahaha, it made my day too!

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 01:56 AM   #733
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Learning that Daniel Ricciardo is leaving a race winning team to go to one of the also rans.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #734
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seeing Ray Hadley admitting he has failed his son who was caught with cocaine whilst on duty as a member of NSW police force. Don't get me wrong, I feel for anyone who is caught up in addiction but people like Ray Hadley who make ill informed opinions about other people's lives 5 days a week, I can care less for.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #735
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Seeing Ray Hadley admitting he has failed his son, who was caught with cocaine, whilst on duty as a member of NSW police force. Don't get me wrong, I feel for anyone who is caught up in addiction but people like Ray Hadley who make ill informed opinions about other people's lives 5 days a week, I can care less for.
Puncuated it for you,now we can understand what you were trying to say
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #736
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi all, i just recieved a invitation from Carnoustie Golf Links in Scotland to become a member of their historic & world famous golf club lol!! To all golfers around the globe, this club is very special & a must play/visit if in Britain.

https://www.top100golfcourses.com/go...e-championship

To say im happy is a understatement - many thanks go out to my golf friends in England & Scotland for making it happen!! 🏌⛳

cheers, Maka
Congrats, hopefully you can take up the offer. Have you played there before?
Ross 1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #737
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who is Ray Hadley?
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #738
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
Who is Ray Hadley?
Dont bother looking in to it. You will waste valuable minutes of your life.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #739
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough i will give it no further thought
Old 04-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #740
radler

For me and on a brighter note , I went surfing ... small waves, cold water but good just to do it ... oh yeah and drove my falcon .... car is going well so that makes me feel good !

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #741
Kicking back

I went to Bunnings today. I hate going to bunnings. I was man shopping so I knew exactly what I wanted and knew exactly where it was so that part went ok. Yeah I paid the bunnings tax on what I needed, but I let my guard down because I saw a flash of something useful. So irwin vice grips in a pack of 3 ended up in my hands. $29 I'm laughing. The current grips I have I've had forever and are the same brand but were 70 for just them. I paid more then the 3 grips for 2 screw drivers, and they arent anything spectacular.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #742
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The worst thing about my bunnings is getting out of the car park. What made me feel good today. I was working in the shed Ive been working on it for 4 years with construction,stud walls, insulation, electrics and lining out. Apart from having to get my head around cornicing I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #743
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
Congrats, hopefully you can take up the offer. Have you played there before?
Hi Ross, thanks mate, nah havent played there, i wish! I've actually retired from playing golf now due to some injuries but just to receive the invitation made me feel very happy!

I actually also just recently recieved a invite from a French golf course called Le Golf International which is about to hold the Ryder Cup this year, that was also a very nice suprise too.

They are open invitations so if ever i can get over there I'm definitely dropping in for a visit & look around lol.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #744
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi Ross, thanks mate, nah havent played there, i wish! I've actually retired from playing golf now due to some injuries but just to receive the invitation made me feel very happy!

I actually also just recently recieved a invite from a French golf course called Le Golf International which is about to hold the Ryder Cup this year, that was also a very nice suprise too.

They are open invitations so if ever i can get over there I'm definitely dropping in for a visit & look around lol.

cheers, Maka
Shame about the injuries, I haven't played a full round in over a decade now. Have played the back 9 on the championship course in Carnoustie, Dad was briefly a caddy there and he snuck me on. Have played their Burnside course a few times which is also really nice. If you get over there have a look at the No1 course at Gullane, only a short drive away, probably my favourite course in the UK, most likely influenced by getting my one and only hole in one on a par 3. Aim for summer time as Carnoustie is really exposed to the elements.
Ross 1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #745
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross 1 View Post
Shame about the injuries, I haven't played a full round in over a decade now. Have played the back 9 on the championship course in Carnoustie, Dad was briefly a caddy there and he snuck me on. Have played their Burnside course a few times which is also really nice. If you get over there have a look at the No1 course at Gullane, only a short drive away, probably my favourite course in the UK, most likely influenced by getting my one and only hole in one on a par 3. Aim for summer time as Carnoustie is really exposed to the elements.
Thanks for the headsup Ross very much appreciated mate! Congrats on the hole the in one, im sure you were very happy after aceing that par 3

I've went close many times but no luck dohh but i definitely miss the game for sure, best sport on the planet imo.

cheers, Maka

Old 06-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #746
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whilst on the topic of golf, the bravery and selflessness that Jarrod Lyle has shown in the face of this cruel disease is one of the most remarkable things I have seen for sometime. Thoughts with him & his family.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #747
Kicking back

Every Tuesday I pick my son up from school and we go for a feed at the pub. My mum and grandparents come along. Foods good place is clean etc. I treat my son more like a mate or a little brother unless he gets a bit silly. So my attempt to get a reaction was when I got him some bbq sauce in the little pot I put some tobasco in it. Not heaps but enough. I didnt get the reaction I was looking for. It wasnt a bad creation though. A few minutes later the kid was occupied doing something so I dumped in some aioli. Another fail for a reaction. He wanted more tobasco and once that was added it created a bloody great sauce for chips.
6 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #748
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Rich chocolate brownie with double cream. Cake fixes everything!

That and WOT in the Mustang. Enough said!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #749
staity

Had to replace the shock absorbers on the car and my 4 year old daughter, saw what I was doing and asked to help. After showing her which direction to turn the first wheel nut, she done it up as tight as she could manage without my input. Then she manged to work out which direction to turn them the rest of them all on her own. Future mechanic perhaps???

2013 Ford Kuga Titanium Gunmetal Grey
staity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2018, 11:32 PM   #750
Kicking back

So again being a Tuesday it was dinner with my grandparents and kid. My grandpa picked up his new car last Thursday and is so happy with it. He bought a Prius and its smaller then his old 626 and is more manageable. Had he been my dad or a mate I'd be giving them heaps for life buying a Prius, but my grandpa is 93 and the fact he still drives the car is perfect for the short runs to the shop. He is a responsible really old person and only drives out of peak hours and only during the day with grandma and yeah hes the one doing 10 under the speed limit, but the enthusiasm of the old bloke talking about regenerative braking and back up cameras and stuff means he still learns something new every day.
6 users like this post: